Rougham Airfield to be sliced in two by new road?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hi,

I'm afraid this is another 'Airfield in distress' story. Rougham is facing the prospect of a new road being built through it, slicing the top off runway 03/21 and which will badly affect any future events held there.

Details are to be found here: http://roughamairfield.org/road.php

It seems that we only have a few days to make our feelings known on this issue before the route is cast in stone. Please help!

Thank you,

Jo

Original post

Member for

17 years 6 months

Petition duly signed and mass e-mail duly sent. It would be a tragedy if the future of this airfield were to be jeopardised in this way.

Webbie / mods. Can we get this put on the Historic forum too, where more people may see it?

Member for

18 years 6 months

Petition Signed!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Duly copied, I think for a good cause, we can put up with a duplicate thread!

Member for

18 years 8 months

Can anyone advise if the Rougham website represents the view of Rougham Estate /Agnews?

NG

Member for

24 years 2 months

The text on the website was supplied by the Rougham Estate office, so I would think it likely.

Member for

18 years 5 months

Can we keep peoples attention to this online petition. A worthwhile cause.

This forthcoming weekend - 5 + 6th May is the large scale model weekend which is an excellent display. The control tower is well worth a look at the same time.

Stan

Member for

18 years 5 months

TTT

Member for

24 years 2 months

Just a passing thought here.

The proximity of the excellent control tower museum to the A14 could actually be a major boost for it's visitor numbers.

If it is easily visible from the road it will probably start to pull in the more casual 'what shall we do today' visitors who are unlikely to go to the bother of researching and locating it at present.

Moggy

Member for

18 years 11 months

Let the thought pass! Moggy is on the wrong side of the fence in this thread. Petition signed and forwarded. Hands off Airfields!

Member for

24 years 2 months

I am a great supporter of Rougham, the thought was not meant to encourage non-signing, just looking at the upside as well as the downside. I have used that crosswind strip myself and will be furious if it goes.

Moggy

Member for

18 years 5 months

To The Top.