Islander over Worcester

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hello

does anyone know what the mystery BN Islander is doing/where from etc. currently doing circuits of the west side of Worcester???

It's been doing rectangular shaped circuits for the past 2 weeks nearly. At first I thought it might be updating aerial photos for the likes of Getmapping/Google but it's been up in all weathers above and below the cloud base.

Thanks for any info.

Snotty

:confused:

Original post

Member for

18 years 8 months

Have the Hampshire police got an Islander.?

James

Member for

17 years 9 months

Islander over Worcester ?

Snotty,

This has been puzzling me as well. I agree it can not be surveying or photography. E-mail me and I might give you a clue.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Islands In The Sky

Thanks Avgas - msg sent.

Snotty

Member for

20 years 1 month

Was it a civvy one, or one of the mystery grey ones from Northolt?

Actually, it can't be one of them, because they don't exist. And even if they did, you certainly would not have seen one. Or all the strange aerials and antennas which they don't have.

You have said too much already. Watch out for Omegas with blacked out windows parked outside your house.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Islands in the sky

Looks red - but hard to tell as weather not brill - don't think it's the red devils either as noone has fallen out with an umberella.

Started around Weds last week, wasn't up over the weekend, but back Mon and every day since.

;-)

Member for

19 years

Spelling.

Have the Hampshire police got an Islander.?

James

Yes they have. G-SJCH, Defender 4000 was the second Islander they operated. The first Islander was reported as going to the Cheshire Police. Worcester is near Hereford?;)

Member for

24 years 3 months

islander

Wrong shape for an Agusta 109 isn't it?

Member for

18 years 8 months

Yes they have. G-SJCH, Defender 4000 was the second Islander they operated. The first Islander was reported as going to the Cheshire Police. Worcester is near Hereford?;)

Oh worcester thought he ment Worchester :o :mad: :D :p

James

Member for

24 years 3 months

Credenhill? According to the NOTAMs, they've been jumping there in the past week or so

Member for

19 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newforest
Yes they have. G-SJCH, Defender 4000 was the second Islander they operated. The first Islander was reported as going to the Cheshire Police. Worcester is near Hereford?

Oh worcester thought he ment Worchester Quote James.

Must do a geography refresher course James!:D

And possibly think of a military unit in Hereford?:rolleyes:

And where in the world is WORCHESTER?:confused: or are you thinking of Winchester?

Member for

24 years 3 months

And where in the world is WORCHESTER?:confused: or are you thinking of Winchester?

It is in Panama city by all accounts.

http://www.worchester.edu/

Winchester used to be just NW of Worcester at a place called Cutnall Green, but mover to Didcot in the early 1990s and has now effectively ceased to exist in the UK at all.

Moggy

Member for

19 years

It is in Panama city by all accounts.

http://www.worchester.edu/

Winchester used to be just NW of Worcester at a place called Cutnall Green, but mover to Didcot in the early 1990s and has now effectively ceased to exist in the UK at all.

Moggy

Thanks, very educational!

Funny, Winchester was in its usual place when I visited it last month just north of Southampton and to the west of the M.3.:confused:

Member for

24 years 3 months

Ah but this was the UK offices of the Winchester Repeating Arms Corporation / Winchester Ammunition Division of Olin Corporation.

Moggy

Member for

24 years 3 months

Islands in the Sky

This explains everything.

It's South American weapons smugglers. Running Winchester Rifles to the drug cartels of Herefordshire and Worcestershire.

Damn - where have my poppy seeds gone?

Cheers chaps.

Snotty

Member for

18 years 8 months

Thats the one :o :o :o :D

James

Member for

24 years 3 months

oh island in da sun

Sorry - I'd forgotten you chaps were a bit lost outside Duxford's airspace.

Worcester's to the south west of Birmingham. on the M5. It's the site of the world's first municiple airport (Perdiswell) and some brown sauce stuff you can put on cheese on toast to make it into something else.

:D

Back to topic - could this be something to do with the environment agency checking the rivers? 10 days of circuits is a little strange.

Ta

Snotty

Member for

18 years 8 months

Back to topic - could this be something to do with the environment agency checking the rivers? 10 days of circuits is a little strange.

Ta

Snotty

Maybe its a check to see if it floods :rolleyes: :diablo: Yes and I sort off know where Worcester's is sort off ;)

James

Member for

18 years 7 months

The Army have a flight of Islanders based at Odiham - maybe some connection with an unanamed sister organisation based in the general area.

Member for

16 years 8 months

A couple of days ago G-SJCH was flying in large circles for a quite a long time over Northwood, Cowes on the Isle of Wight, there was a break and then it started again. In total I would estimate it was circling for about two to three hours. It was being used for flight trials to test a Radar at BAE Systems.

Member for

24 years 3 months

There's been an Islander NOTAMed for Worcester for the past week or so. Something to do with ground support operational readiness training?