Aircraft manufacturer into liquidation

Profile picture for user flyernzl

Member for

12 years 7 months

Sad news from New Zealand. Alpha Aviation was founded to build the Robin range of light training aircraft. "Alpha Aviation faces closure Hamilton-based Alpha Aviation has been put into liquidation and will close its doors unless sold as a going concern. The directors of ASX listed Inventis (formerly Gregory Pacific) decided on the move yesterday and the 35 staff affected have been informed. Inventis acquired Alpha last July and shareholders are understood to have invested more than $20 million into plans to boost production of its French-designed trainer aircraft. But while forward orders were strong, production fell below the required level for profitability. Some 20 planes have been delivered to buyers in Australia and New Zealand since manufacturing began in 2005. 23-Jan-2008 " http://www.nbr.co.nz/home/column_article.asp?id=19910&cid=4&cname=Business+Today
Original post
Profile picture for user wessex boy

Member for

14 years 1 month

That's a shame, they seemed to be set for success...?

Member for

11 years 8 months

Aircraft manufacturer in liquidation Wessex Boy : This is a little off topic, as I am a newbe on this forum and this is my first post. In a post that I saw last night, you said you would like to own a Cessna Airmaster. I have one that has been rebuilt that I haven't assembled. It is for sale if you are interested. jcrowles