Duxford Bonus Day 3rd May 2008

Member for

11 years 7 months

The next Duxford Bonus Day is on Saturday 3rd May 2008. All light aircraft (radio equipped) may fly in to enjoy the day and benefit from the discounts. Duxford is home the Imperial War Museum and must be the premier destination for GA pilots in Europe. Most weekends through the flying season, although there are no guarantees, you are quite likely to see warbirds flying – Spitfire, Hurricane, B17, Catalina and other rare types are based at Duxford. The Bonus days offer substantially discounted prices: qualifying types of aircraft (or pilots) will enjoy half-price landing fees and much reduced museum admission. Single or twin can land for £7; museum entry is £7 for most adults and children come in free. In the case of the some of the Bonus days, all light aircraft will qualify. On Bonus days only, the Briefing Room and balcony on the first floor of the historic Control Tower is freely available for Bonus pilots and their passengers. The £20+ million ‘AirSpace’ project is now fully open – really a ‘must-see.’ On the 3rd May Bonus Day, Bonus Day pilots and passengers will also enjoy discounted food and drink in the restaurants. 'Pilot' magazine folk and contributors will be on hand to meet for a chat and there will be two short presentations around the middle of the day. The 'Pilot' folk also have one or two surprises up their sleeve. Further information about the Bonus Days and information for fly-in visitors can be found on the web site http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/ as well as in the magazines ('Pilot' and 'Go Flying'). The airfield team will be delighted to hear from forumites (PPR is a must -- call to book in and for a briefing 01223 833376) and to see you on the day. It will be a great day out. The next Bonus Day following this one is May 31st for all Cessna aircraft. Just for people who don’t know, I should declare my interest. I’m a casual FISO at Duxford. I’m also a pilot who thinks the place is pretty marvellous. Alan.
Original post

Member for

11 years 7 months

Pilots flying in to Duxford from the north for the discount Bonus Day on 3rd May should be aware that the East Anglian Rocketry Society are firing large model rockets up to 10,000 feet from a site about 4nm north west of Bourn on 3rd, 4th and 5th May. Here's the notam: NAVW: Q)EGTT/QWMLW/IV/BO/W/000/102/5215N00005W003 FROM 08/05/03 07:00 TO 08/05/05 18:00 H0987/08 D)MAY 03 04 05 0700-1800 E)FLYING OF LARGE MODEL ROCKETS. ACTIVITY WI 3NM RADIUS 5215N 00005W (NEW FARM, NR ELSWORTH, CAMBS). ON-SITE OPS CONTACT 07762 333197. AUS 08-05-0181/1080/AS2. F)SFC G)10200FT AMSL The danger comes not only from the rockets powering up from the ground, but also from the recovery under parachute. Don't let it spoil your day. Avoid the area. If you're coming to the Bonus Day, don't forget to call for PPR please, 01223 833376. Alan.