Documentation for French trip

Member for

14 years 2 months

Hi all Could someone please bring me up to date on the docs req when on a weekend trip to France with our Piper Arrow. Its many years since I undertook a trip abroad in a light aircraft, aside from the usual docs re aircraft and personal licence etc what about thos for Customs & Excise, now HMCR. We used to complete Form HO61 for fuel drawback which I understand still applies, the other was for XS29A Temp Export of the Aircraft. This had to be completed and stamped by HMCR prior to the flight and shown to them on return. I am under the impressin this is now derfunct ,could anyone please confirm this Many thanks
Original post

Member for

13 years 7 months

The XS29a has long since passed into history. Documents to be carried is much as it always was: Crew licences, CofA, CofR, Radio licence, copy of interception procedures. Customs and immigration: there are no requirements at this end for the outbound flight. France require that you land at a port of entry with any prior notice requirements complied with, Inbound, either go through a designated port of entry to the UK or supply a GAR form (Gendec) to both customs and immigration. (some links to the docs here. Flight plan required for international flight. Equipment: Lifejackets when out of gliding distance from land and ELT or PLB (new type with 121.5 and 406MHz) when more than 10 minutes flying time from land.
Profile picture for user Moggy C

Member for

19 years 9 months

I think the PLB requirement is on hold at the moment Moggy

Member for

13 years 7 months

Current ANO has it in as a requirement when more than 10 minutes normal flying time away from land suitable for a forced landing. See schedule 4 and KK(1) and KK(2) equipment. So, the faster you are the longer crossing your allowed to make without one. I bought a McMurdo Fastfind a couple of years ago.
Profile picture for user Moggy C

Member for

19 years 9 months

Quite right. It's France that has delayed it until 2009 Moggy