Flypast Beagle B206

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 5 months

Permission was granted yes.

Member for

16 years 10 months

10 months on from its unhappy incident and seeing the B206 sinking further and further into the long grass at Shoreham I was beginning to wonder if G-FLYP would ever move again under its own power.

Pleasing to be able to report therefore that within the past two weeks the removed engine and prop have been re-installed and the aircraft now looks set for hopefully many more flying hours.

Anybody know by the way whatever happened to G-BSET?

Wicked Willip :diablo:

Member for

19 years

Great news there!

According to G-INFO, G-BSET was withdrawn permanently in 2004 and presumably is still at Cranfield?

Member for

16 years 10 months

Great news there!

According to G-INFO, G-BSET was withdrawn permanently in 2004 and presumably is still at Cranfield?

Hope so, or maybe it is one of the ones that moved on to Boscombe Down as per post18#?

Wicked Willip :diablo:

Member for

15 years 4 months

Beagle to fly again! This is great news. Who is responsible for its continued airworthiness? This is the same engine used to power Cessna's 404 and 421 models.

Member for

15 years 8 months

G-FLYP got up and flew back to Cranfield yesterday afternoon!!:)

Member for

15 years 2 months

Is G-FLYP based at Cranfield?
I'd love to get a few photographs of G-FLYP when shes there.

Member for

17 years 4 months

I have a Series 1 in need of repair. I do have a spare crated engine.
I would very much like to repair this aircraft to flight status or sell it to someone who can.

It was XS-781.

More Info at:

http://www.starweb.net/beagle

ignore the asking price, if there is still one on the page. Also, the aircraft was moved shortly after the photos and now sits on the tarmac. I would accept flying trades as well.

Thanks,

Rick

Member for

20 years 8 months

The 206 is a notoriously difficult and expensive aircraft to operate and all credit to Key for keeping this one alive.

If it were to be fitted with alternative engines, not being a permit aircraft, the mountain of paperwork and associated costs would exceed the aircraft's operational ceiling and it would also no longer be an authentic preserved aircraft.

Educated guesses only.

Moggy

Only just had another look at this thread and I with you about the credit Key deserve for keeping her alive and the fact that it would no longer be authentic if the engines were changed for something easier to obtain spares for. I had forgotten about her not being a permit aircraft and the amount of paperwork changing the type of engines would cause. Something about the paperwork equaling the weight of the aircraft comes to mind or in the case of what constitutes a major mod probably three times the MTOW.

Member for

13 years 8 months

the biggest mistake made with the flypast a/c was putting it on the uk register under current caa policy anyone with a twin or even large single needs to have their head read if they stay with the CAA.
I have flown the b206 N181WW many times and have helped maintain it for many years so know the enormity of the work involved in keeping it airworthy if you then have to maintain it according to CAA requirements it would be far cheaper to operate a small airliner.
However I know of two large sources of spare parts. engine parts are easy, series 1 props are rarer than hens teeth but there are only 2 new and 1 damaged in existance, hence the us plane which has been for sale for some years.

Member for

19 years

Well there's the cat among the pigeons, who would be qualified to answer?:confused:

Member for

14 years 4 months

Anyone tell us what this is - apparently still active in Brasil?

Attachments

Member for

19 years

It would appear to be a B.206, s/n B.080, PT-IQH in healthy condition, but it is not on the UK register is it?! ;)

Member for

20 years 4 months

One of the few Beagle 206 Series 3?

Member for

19 years

You are correct, the one and only series 3, ten seater, unless you know different? :)

Member for

20 years 4 months

Possibly, although one book I have seems to indicate that B.074 was the prototype as G-35-28, plus the only other one (B.080 - as shown), but see the list below...

http://www.beagle206x.flyer.co.uk/prod.htm

Member for

19 years

PT-IQH originally G-AWLN. Interesting that the CAA registration card showed it initially as a series 2 and this was crossed out and series 3 substituted.

C-GBGL, c/n 074 went the other way, from a series 3 to a series 2 and was cancelled from the register in 1998.

Member for

17 years 7 months

Great to see it back in the air again, and all credit to those who have put in the hard work to make it possible.

I and I'm sure a few others, had assumed the worst when we heard of its engine problems a few years ago. Delighted to see that you've persevered when many others would have given up.

Member for

19 years

Yes, it is great news, but why do our Forum sponsors both here and in print seem to be so coy in divulging the details of problems, progress and successes? A historic machine operated by a historic publication should be more open, I think.