Duxford Bonus Day 20th June 2009 - all Cessnas

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 11 months

The next Duxford Bonus Day is Saturday 20th June 2009. The event is open to all Cessna aircraft, singles and twins. Arrive in any Cessna and enjoy the discounts and benefits below -- and, of course, meet your Forum friends.

Duxford is home the Imperial War Museum and must be the premier destination for GA pilots in Europe. Most weekends through the flying season, although there are no guarantees, you are quite likely to see warbirds flying – Spitfire, Hurricane, B17, Catalina and other rare types are based at Duxford.

The Bonus days offer great discounted prices: On 20th June, all Cessna aircraft and their pilots and passengers will enjoy half-price landing fees and much reduced museum admission. Single or twin can land for £7; museum entry is £7 for most adults and children come in free.

On Bonus days only, the Briefing Room and balcony on the first floor of the historic Control Tower is freely available for Bonus pilots and their passengers. The £22+ million ‘AirSpace’ project is now fully open – really a ‘must-see’ and great for children as well as adults.

Other bonus days in 2009 are:
25 July Piper Bonus Day
8 August Bulldog & Pup Bonus Day

As well as Bonus Days, Duxford welcomes FLY-INs. Any group of pilots planning to visit Duxford can arrange special prices in advance, subject to a minimum of about 6 aircraft (for discounted landing fees) and/or 20 people (for discounted museum admission as well). This does not apply to event days, and it must be pre-arranged in writing with the airfield manager, Frank Marson.

Further information about the Bonus Days and information for fly-in visitors can be found on the web site IWM Duxford - Europe's premier aviation museum:
http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.1181

The airfield team will be delighted to hear from forumites (call for PPR and briefing 01223 833376) and to see you on the day. On busy days, such as this Bonus day, we will operate a broad slot system, to avoid too much congestion. The phones are very busy on Bonus mornings, so call well in advance if you can, to ensure you get your chosen time.

Just for people who don’t know, I should declare my interest. I’m a casual FISO at Duxford. I’m also a pilot who thinks the place is pretty marvellous.

Alan.

Original post

Member for

15 years 11 months

Two weeks to go -- time to phone and book your 'broad slot,' Cessna drivers.
01223 833376
Alan.

Member for

15 years 11 months

The Cessna Bonus Day is this Saturday 20th June. Discounts on landing and museum admission. Call 01223 833376 for PPR.

Alan.

Member for

15 years 11 months

Weather looks good in the morning, showers to dodge in the afternoon. Here's the Stansted TAF:

TAF EGSS 200456Z 2006/2112 29010KT 9999 SCT035 PROB30 TEMPO 2006/2007 8000 -RA PROB30 TEMPO 2011/2019 7000 SHRA=

Call for PPR 01223 833376.
Alan.