Two fatal in crash in Hampshire today.

Profile picture for user Newforest

Member for

14 years 6 months

Turning out to be a bad weekend. The accident happened near Andover.:( http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/hampshire/8265473.stm
Original post
Profile picture for user Flygirl

Member for

11 years 5 months

Sad news indeed.
Profile picture for user Scott Marlee

Member for

12 years

RIP

Member for

15 years 7 months

For those worried about friends etc, it is a French historic type, but more details are not appropriate to release at present, as authorities have not yet confirmed identities, or even a/c make. Very sadly, my companion this afternoon is pretty certain his friend is involved, and became very distracted when it did not arrive as arranged :(:(
Profile picture for user The Blue Max

Member for

14 years 6 months

Very sad news, turning into a bad weekend:( thoughts with the family and friends of those involved.
Profile picture for user Moggy C

Member for

19 years 9 months

Turns out to have been a friend of a friend (But then flying is a pretty small world) :(
Profile picture for user EGTC

Member for

10 years 8 months

:( Very sad :( rip.
Profile picture for user T-Bolt

Member for

11 years 11 months

Can anyone pm me with a/c type and/or colour scheme, am very worried about some friends. Many thanks. T-Bolt.
Profile picture for user low'n'slow

Member for

13 years 1 month

Can anyone pm me with a/c type and/or colour scheme, am very worried about some friends. Many thanks. T-Bolt.
Same here. Out of country, therefore out of touch. Steve S

Member for

19 years 9 months

Nord NC-854 Registration uncertain. Moggy

Member for

15 years 7 months

That registration is incorrect.

Member for

13 years

Thanks, removed the link, thats what I hate about the web, it can cause distress in some circles due to incorrect information having been uploaded.

Member for

19 years 9 months

G-BGEW Peter Fitzmaurice, 67, from Alton Stuart Francis, 60, from Camberley, Surrey Moggy

Member for

14 years

I dont know what to say....I was dreading reading more and more of this thread and now have seen something that I didnt want to. I knew Peter quite well and even last week we were discussing the possibility of adding a few more types to his 'logbook'. We had missed each other the other day at Eggesford as I was in France with the Broussard, but I received an email last Thursday saying that he had booked a Nord NC854 on Sunday. My sincerest thoughts and best wishes go to the family and friends of both persons involved. Martin
Profile picture for user Melvyn Hiscock

Member for

15 years 10 months

Agreed, Peter was a top bloke. I am trying to put a face to Stuart's name as I think I knew him too (he was bound to have been around Popham). I flew Peter in the Rearwin a couple of weeks back, he was great company (as ever) and we had a nice Sunday evening bimble around Hampshire, down to the coast and back. Peter was a true enthusiast, not just a spotter who could not care less about what he was looking at as long as he got the number, but a knowledgeable and interesting guy who was passionate about aircraft. Peter also did missionary work in Africa but did not wear his religion like a badge, as some do, but just got on quietly and did the work. I have enourmous respect for him. RIP mate Melv

Member for

12 years 5 months

peter
I dont know what to say....I was dreading reading more and more of this thread and now have seen something that I didnt want to. I knew Peter quite well and even last week we were discussing the possibility of adding a few more types to his 'logbook'. We had missed each other the other day at Eggesford as I was in France with the Broussard, but I received an email last Thursday saying that he had booked a Nord NC854 on Sunday. My sincerest thoughts and best wishes go to the family and friends of both persons involved. Martin
Very sad he took a pic of my Cub at Watchford just the other weekend. I was hoping it wasnt him involved in this accident. My thoughts too go to the family and friends.