Iraqi Army issue equipment.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 8 months

I`ve just bought a gas mask and steel helmet from a sale and they are labelled as being brought back from the first Gulf War.Looking up on the net it appears the Helmet is an American design (but an East German Manufacture) and the gas mask is also East German/Russian in a webbing carrier.Is this the sort of thing the Iraqi forces were using then or have I been duped ?

Original post

Member for

19 years 6 months

Does the gas mask have `5` on it by any chance. I sold mine a few years ago. Green, Russian design, in a webbing bag, had some medical supplys in it, some tubes with Arabic writing on. I bought mine on a carboot near York so have no idea of its authenticity but it did have sand in the webbing bag lol.
Incidently I also sold an American design / East German Helmet, but that went to Brazil of all places.

Ben

Ben

Member for

17 years 6 months

I can’t say for certain about helmets or gas masks but many Iraqi tanks, armoured vehicles and other weapons were of Russian, Chinese or Warsaw Pact design although some were of local manufacture.

Member for

15 years 4 months

I would like to think my Itchy and sweaty 1950's serge Battledress went to some third world soldier , preferably somewhere hot and sandy so that was even more sweaty and itchy !:diablo:

Member for

14 years 2 months

...brings to mind the old curse, 'may you have the pox of a thousand camels...etc' :D