Duchess of York - more sinned against than sinning ?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 1 month

Regarding Fergie's offer to " sell "access to her ex-husband to an undercover reporter for £ 500,000 , is this a legitimate way for a journalist to obtain information ?

Original post

Member for

15 years 2 months

In a word..Yes.

The fact is that she is big enough and bold enough to know exactly what she was doing.

I doubt somehow that the journo just happened to think this might be a good idea, i would think that this was not the first time she had done something like this, there has to have been a history of these "fund raising" events !

Now dont get me wrong i am not one who has much time for the antics of the press..or at least some members of the press but on this occasion I reckon that it was something that needed to be brought out into the open.

Member for

14 years 2 months

If she had any self respect, why would she ever think of, or be duped into, selling access to her children's father?
It will always remain one of life's mysteries as to why Andrew Albert Christian Edward Sax-Coburg-Gotha chose that aweful ginger horse over Koo Stark...

Member for

15 years 1 month

I'm afraid that if someone dangled half a million pounds in front of me I'd probably be prepared to sell my grandmother,if I still had one.
It's not surprising that she jumped at it,with her history of money troubles.
It just seems wrong,but I can't put my finger on exactly why.

Member for

20 years

Roughly 50-50, I'd say.

Member for

14 years

It's not surprising that she jumped at it,with her history of money troubles.
It just seems wrong,but I can't put my finger on exactly why.

how awfull it must be to have money troubles with twelve servants and still living in royal accomodation !!

i have money troubles but mine are , how long should i leave my heating on in winter , how much food can i afford this week so i don't go a day without a meal

yes they were right to dob the old mule in !! i'd have done it myself in a heartbeat as she is leading a very priviliged life out of tax payers money !!

agreed she does things for charrity but so do folks with no money , if there was no fame or money in it for her she wouldn't give a tinkers cuss !!

Member for

24 years 3 months

News of the World? Fergie.

Hard to choose which adds least to the world.

Moggy

Member for

16 years 8 months

She always had the option of saying no

and break the habit of a lifetime !?:diablo:

she always came across as a "grabber" to me, I met her dad a few times to talk to when I played at his indoor cricket place in Hampshire. First time he glared at me as I was wearing old trackies, next time I was in whites and he was as nice and chatty as anything, giving me tips on wicket keeping.

Member for

15 years 1 month

True,she could have said no.But this is a woman with very little personal income who spends money like water and is up to her eyes in debt.Anyone would have to be a person of extremely high principles to turn down half a million for old rope under those circumstances.I would have taken the money myself,and is there anyone who can honestly say they would have turned it down ?

Member for

18 years 10 months

True,she could have said no.But this is a woman with very little personal income

£15,000 per annum, that is a wage in Cornwall we are expected to pay all the bills with. Her pad is paid for (by the state) as her butlers and 11 other hanger ons. She is a disgrace.

I agree with Al, Koo Stark should have been No1.

Although she blamed the Royal Family for her perilous financial position – saying her £15,000-a-year divorce settlement had left her “without a pot to p*** in” - the real reason for her alarming debts is her uncontrolled spending.

full story: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/theroyalfamily/7757066/How-overspending-disease-spelled-trouble-for-the-Duchess-of-York.html

charming

Thats pocket money mind you as food and accommodation is already paid for.

She even gives Hooray Henriettas a bad name.:rolleyes:

Baz

Member for

16 years 8 months

Interesting article, Harry looks like his father in that picture doesn't he :diablo:?

I'm very anti Royal anyway, but the lifestyle and expectations of this lady are beyond belief.

Member for

14 years 2 months

She's a self-publicist extraordinaire. She has never showed any self-respect and has no sense of decorum or dignity. She is an irrelevance other than to her family, who must learn to live with her as they think best.

I cannot see how we should feel a smidgen of sympathy for her arrant disloyalty and utter stupidity.

Member for

18 years 10 months

...........and only apologetic because she was caught with her fingers in the till.:cool:

You give me £500,000 and I'll open a few doors for you....................

...................oh, yes:diablo:

Member for

15 years 1 month

Lord knows I'm no admirer of Fergie,but I think she's been treated shamefully with the media taking a nasty holier-than-thou attitude about it.
Who here can honestly say,hand on heart,that in the same position as her they'd have politely sent the man with half a million smackers on his way ?
If my daughter ever leaves off boozing for long enough to get her journalism qualifications,I sincerely hope she never descends to this level.

Member for

16 years 8 months

True,she could have said no.But this is a woman with very little personal income...

How on earth can you say that!! She has somehow even charmed PR and TV companies into employing her, and I bet that wasn't cheap!

Fergie is just one of those really chav like priveledged people that really has foot (pardon the pun!) in mouth disease.
I loved the old Spitting Image stetches of her - 'Fergies fanny reported out of control for the 5th day running'!

She really is the embodiment of everything that disgusts me I'm afraid.

Member for

15 years 1 month

By her standards she has very little income and compounds it by spending like there's no tomorrow.
The woman's been a fool,but I think she's been treated badly. Of course she was going to take the money,who wouldn't ?

Member for

16 years 8 months

Your location says alot I think BB, the ghastly woman deserves everything she gets, she has manipulated and used the press, media, and PR houses enough in her time. It is obscene that she plays on it, she gets to see much more money than I, and a lot of others, will ever see - its entirely up to her and her advisors if she can't manage the money properly.
Some of us have had to move houses and downsize to adjust to different jobs etc, she would be a better example if she did that!

Member for

14 years 2 months

The paper dug a trap and she fell in it. Hey ho. I'm sorry but her grasping ways got her into this mess so I've little sympathy for her.

Member for

14 years 2 months

She learned to play the media from her ex-sister-in-law. And much good did it do either of them.

Member for

15 years 1 month

So if everyone was in her position,may I assume that you would all politely decline the money ?

Member for

14 years 2 months

I would hope I'm not daft enough and have enough morals not to end up 'in her position'.

There's the old saying, 'live by the sword, die by the sword'. You can very easily substitute the word 'sword' for 'media' as this case proves.