Airband Scanner

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 7 months

I looking at getting a scanner to listen to chit- chat at Airshows etc including the Red Arrows,BBMF etc

any recommendations. what sort of price and what range do they reach

Original post

Member for

15 years 8 months

Yupiteru MVT 7100 which, sadly, is no longer manufactured. Best by a country mile.

Evilbay is your friend!

Regards,
Frank

Member for

14 years

not mentioning a priceband

but as previously mentioned yupituru is aknowleged as the best

but there are many available and at varying prices

digital tuning is the way to go ( ignore the big unwieldy anologue tuned steepletone ) you will only upgrade two minuites after

i baught mine new in town and replaced it two hours later at the airport shop !!

but as said ebay is your friend , my friend picked up a nice one last week for 20 quid

Member for

15 years 2 months

I've had my Radio Shack PRO-63 for over 10 years - not sure it's still available.
Scans up to 100 preset/stored channels allocated in 10 banks of 10 - at 25 channels/per sec. Runs on 6 AA batteries or 9v external supply.

Depending on aircraft altitude/atmospheric conditions I can pick up aircraft talking to Scottish zone ATC from Bristol with only the supplied 'rubber-duck' aerial

Member for

13 years 7 months

Things to bear in mind are that ideally you need a scanner that will cover both the civil VHF airband and also the military UHF airband. Also remember that both bands use AM rather than FM so check that the scanner you are looking for is switchable between the two modes.

Member for

14 years 7 months

Reply Quote Edit Post

I have got myself an Airband scanner at last. it's a YUPITERU MVT-7100
I need some help with the scan facility. It says you have to enter the frequencies you want to scan into a band, but the book doesn't explain how to enter the frequencies.
Can anyone help please