Gawker Media Hacker warning

Profile picture for user Nils

Member for

14 years 2 months

for those who didnt know: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gw8E01I9SZLjKV_5YbqEJ-YcxeHw?docId=a52f686a9adc441a8dc0cf6d8a7a8bdc i have just recieved an e-mail from this forum that someone attempted to hack my account, the hackers IP is 174.132.178.37. if you get this same e-mail, people are advised to change there passwords.
Original post

Member for

11 years 9 months

Same here Dear Peter Garner, Someone has tried to log into your account on Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes. The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 174.132.178.37 All the best, Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums

Member for

14 years 5 months

Same message received here too! Paul F
Profile picture for user Grey Area

Member for

15 years 6 months

Moderator Message I'd advise anyone who is worried about these "attacks", as a precaution if for no other reason, to change their password to a reasonably strong one (ie, more than 8 characters in length and including at least one numeric and one special character). No point in making life easy for the miscreants, is there? Regards GA
Profile picture for user ZRX61

Member for

14 years 4 months

It's coming out of Katy Tx, send a copy of the email you received to [email]abuse@softlayer.com[/email]

Member for

15 years 6 months

The IP posted above doesn't resolve to that on an ARIN search.

Member for

15 years 6 months

All good stuff! I shall add samspade.org to my Armoury Of Righteousness. :cool:
Profile picture for user DazDaMan

Member for

16 years 2 months

Armoury Of Righteousness. :cool:
Is that like the Fortress of Solitude?? :diablo:

Member for

15 years 6 months