Malware warning?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 1 month

The browser(chromium) is giving a malware warning when i enter the forum address (OS is Ubuntu 10).

Original post

Member for

19 years 11 months

I've just accessed the site with 3 different browsers (IE 9 64-bit, Opera 10 and Firefox 3.6.13) on 2 different machines (desktop PC running Windows 7 Home Premium and netbook running Windows XP Pro), and I didn't seen any warnings.

We haven't had any similar reports from other members.

Member for

14 years 5 months

No problems with Chrome or Firefox..............

No problem this end of the world. But do be careful out there. There are a lot of scams, mostly by email. Do not follow any links or open any attachments unless you are absolutely sure of the origin.

Member for

15 years 1 month

not getting it anymore, i got them though, i got the chrome warning page.
looks a bit like this, forgot to take the screenshot
http://www.90percentofeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/report_attacked_site_UI_chrome-470x222.png

strange.

even the google dignostic page is clear

What is the current listing status for forum.keypublishing.co.uk?
This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 18 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-01-05, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.
This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS20738 (AS20738).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, forum.keypublishing.co.uk did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk

Very strange.

Member for

19 years 6 months

I am getting malware warnings, but only for page 2 on the "Chinese J-XX/14/20 p.2" thread.

The warning message reads:
"The website at forum.keypublishing.co.uk contains elements from the site www.fyjs.cn, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer."

I'm getting this using Chrome on Win XP

Member for

13 years 3 months

That's simply because Google treats anything with a .cn domain as malware :(

That's quite right. Someone could post a link to a site containing malware. Might be worth considering restricting new users from posting links?

Member for

15 years 1 month

I am getting malware warnings, but only for page 2 on the "Chinese J-XX/14/20 p.2" thread.

The warning message reads:
"The website at forum.keypublishing.co.uk contains elements from the site www.fyjs.cn, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer."

I'm getting this using Chrome on Win XP

Yup that was exactly what i got.
ChrisGlobe

That's simply because Google treats anything with a .cn domain as malware

:eek:
Should we be careful about clicking on those links??? (i guess we should)

Member for

13 years 3 months

I'm by no means an "industry professional" by my job is to run a website, so I get asked that a lot.

My answer is the same for everyone, you should be careful about any link you click, whether is be .com, .co.uk, .net, .cn or whatever, you just never know. Now, I've just gone to check the website above (Appears to be a sort of news site), and I do indeed get a Google Chrome warning about it hosting malware. Some of the adverts on it look rather "dodgy" (Saucy might be a better word, in fact!) which I think is where the problem lies.

China, the land of censorship, does not require any real sort of information when it comes to registering a domain, hence lots of malicious websites use them. If you do go on one, be careful, and make sure your anti-virus (Personally I recommend Avast, but others have their own preferences), firewall and anti-spyware/malware software (Spybot - Search & Destroy with Teatimer is beset in my opinion) are all fully up-to-date at all times!

Sorry for the lesson, I'm sure most of you know this already, but you'd be amazed how many people don't have any anti-virus software!

P.S. You can read the diagnostic about the site here, I didn't find anything on a quick sweep of it on my PC, so it might now be sorted: http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://fyjs.cn

Member for

19 years 11 months

Sound advice from Mr Globe.

BTW, if any of you are planning to go onto that particular thread and tell the punters that they mustn't post any more links to '.cn' domains, would you mind hanging on while I go and get some popcorn? :cool:

Seriously, though, don't.

Just..... don't. :eek: