Something odd happened to me the other day

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 7 months

At the risk of sounding insane, I shall tell you of my experience:

I was at home alone sweeping the kitchen floor at about 2pm last Thursday, I was feeling fine and had consumed no alcohol or medical tablets. One minute I have a dust pan and brush in my hand cleaning my floor, then my partner is waking me up asking me why I'm lying fully clothed in bed at 4.30pm...over two hours later!!! I have no memory of feeling tired or going to bed and we found the dust pan and brush lying on the kitchen floor where I had been cleaning. This has never happened before and I'm in good health. Rather worrying really. Any ideas :confused:

Original post

Member for

17 years 6 months

At the risk of sounding patronizing, I would suggest that you get advice from the medical profession rather than an internet aviation forum. It's probably nothing to worry about but worth getting checked out I would say.

Member for

14 years 5 months

I'll echo that - you beat me to it.

Member for

19 years 11 months

I agree.

Any episode of 'missing time', or unconsciousness, without apparent cause should be referred to a doctor without delay.

It may very well turn out to be nothing, but why take the risk?

Member for

20 years 8 months

I agree with everyone else here. Get yourself chaecked out ASAP. Your health is too valuable to take chances with.

Member for

13 years 9 months

Get to your Dr like YESTERDAY, I had a slight pain 22 yrs ago, and went to the Docs, turned out to be Cancer of the Pancreas, although I doubt if this is anywhere near what you may have, I am just trying to tell you to see your doc ASAP. as you cannot account for the lost time, I could hazard a guess, but I am no Dr.

Lincoln. 7

Member for

13 years 3 months

For a man to be sweeping the kitchen,maybe it was some sort of `out of body experience` or a dream ( your partners /wifes)?...no seriously!! seek advice from your G.P. A.S.A.P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member for

13 years 11 months

i had the same happen to me last friday , one minuite i was chatting to a bird at the bar the next i was at home in bed ..........oh hang on !!

as others say it may be nothing but get it checked like anything if it is something the earlier diagnosed the better !!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Get yourself a doctors appointment.

Member for

14 years 1 month

You may have been abducted by aliens, and subjected to all sorts of perverse experiments...

Member for

14 years

You may have been abducted by aliens, and subjected to all sorts of perverse experiments...

Nah. In my experience, aliens only ever abduct ****wits.

Member for

13 years 3 months

`Bird` Tornado?..............Orville ?

Member for

14 years

He meant to type Chic. Some ppl just don't keep up Babe!

When that happens to me I usually put a potato in an old sock and bury it ....

Member for

14 years

27vet...you are going to have to explain that one. Is it like tying a not in a handkerchief in order to remember something.

O.P. Been to the Doc? What did he say?
I've had totally reversed memory, short term...I think we all do. I put a hot water bottle on the front step and took the empty milk bottles upstairs once.

It comes from an old joke...

The elderley cleaning woman answers the doctor's phone while he is out of the office: "The doctor's not in right now luv, but what I usually do is put a potato in an old sock..."

Layman's advice. :D

DrP : I hope it's nothing serious.

Member for

14 years 5 months

I wonder if Dr P has taken all this advice..........:)

Member for

13 years 11 months

`Bird` Tornado?..............Orville ?

the modern equivalent see4ms to be beeachees !! but i feel that's a bit crude

and even though i'm very non p.c. we should draw the line somewhere !!

although " i hate that duck " but emu now that's totaly difrent !!

Member for

13 years 11 months

He meant to type Chic. Some ppl just don't keep up Babe!

as above the term is now beeachees ( slang bor bitch*s ) awfull i know but try to keep up !! :D

Member for

13 years 9 months

Hi Dr Pepper. I see you posted this on the 25th Jan. which has given you plenty of time to see your Dr.
A lot of members have shown concern regarding what happened to you, or did it, and it's just a wind up?.

Lincoln. 7

;)

Member for

14 years 5 months

............don't think he is talking to us....hope he is OK.:(