"Fly like an eagle..."

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

...in the words of The Steve Miller Band...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaMTSOI1Zk4

Mad as a mad thing in Madtown but what an experience it must be...:eek:

Original post

Member for

15 years 11 months

What fun. I would love to try that. :)

Member for

20 years 8 months

I reckon that would get the adrenalin flowing quite well. They were far closer to some of those rock faces than I would dare go that's for sure

Member for

14 years 5 months

Wingsuit basejumping is one of the most exciting extreme sports of ther last few years. Boy, do you need some "balls" for it...............:D

Member for

13 years 9 months

Wingsuit basejumping is one of the most exciting extreme sports of ther last few years. Boy, do you need some "balls" for it...............:D

There is one man who has NO BALLS, he misjudged his height/speed and flew along the top of a ridge, and lost his private parts, it was shown some time ago on National T.V.

Lincoln. 7

:eek:

Member for

14 years 5 months

Yes, I remember the incident!!:o

Member for

13 years 9 months

Yes, I remember the incident!!:o

OH, so it WAS you, did you ever find them?.:D

Lincoln.7

:diablo:

Member for

14 years 5 months

No, never ( squeaky voice)....:eek:

Member for

14 years 5 months

I have always thought that there is a freefall terminal velocity for an average human being of about 150mph, depending on local atmospheric conditions. This is clearly not the case otherwise this mission would be irrelevant but I would like to understand why.

Member for

24 years 2 months

From reading the background the object is to break the sound barrier at an altitude where the atmosphere is thin/non existent so removing the problems encountered when freefalling at lower altitudes (terminal velocity etc).

Once he hits thicker air he'll slow to the more sedate speeds encountered by everyday freefall...

Member for

13 years 9 months

Just a question, would this be anything like H.A.L.O. I understand a record has recently been set for that.

Lincoln. 7

Member for

20 years 7 months

You'd think his stability would be upset by the size of his brass balls...! :diablo:

Awesome stuff, though. There were parts where even MY hands were sweating, just from watching it!

Member for

14 years 5 months

From reading the background the object is to break the sound barrier at an altitude where the atmosphere is thin/non existent so removing the problems encountered when freefalling at lower altitudes (terminal velocity etc).

Once he hits thicker air he'll slow to the more sedate speeds encountered by everyday freefall...

Yes, of course, that makes sense - I don't think I'd enjoy hitting the "thicker air" at Mach 1 - ouch!!

Member for

24 years 2 months

I keep thinking of a commercial flight happily tootling along and this spaceman appears alongside......

Member for

18 years 8 months

A sport where you realise you need more fiber in your diet.