Words Fail Me

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 9 months

Firstly, lets get this out the way. I am NOT a racist.but I WILL give you an example of how easy it could have been 40 yrs ago. It was 03.00. in the morning, at that time I was a Patrol Car driver. Parked up on the grass verge, facing the A17 road at Fleet Hargate. at this time, there was NO street lightiing. I heard a car coming well into the distance it passed me at well over the 60 MPH limit. it was a black BMW and had tinted windows, I estimated its speed at about 80 to 100 MPH.
I gave chase, and it took me until nearly at the Norfolk border to catch and stop the driver.
Having stopped this car, I walked up to the drivers door and tapped on the window, I could not see who was in the car.
The window was wound down, and I saw the driver was a male, coloured. I told him why I had stopped him, re his speed, and he said, "You only stopped me because I am black"
I pointed out there was no street lighting, he had tinted windows and travelling at the speed of light, made identification of the driver impossible.
Even then all those years ago he tried to play the RACE card, however, it didn't work with me, and I booked him, as I would have done whatever colour he was.Surprising how many times that happened in my 30yrs of Service.

Lincoln .7

Member for

24 years 2 months

Lincoln 7, just making it very clear that I did not mean to come in any way to call you a racist. Apologies if my post somehow made you think that way.

Member for

13 years 9 months

Hi. In no way shape or form did I even think you were calling ME a RACIST.

I was putting forward an incident which happened to me, that COULD but didn't make me into a racist. You wouldn't beleive some of the stories I could tell you on that subject.
I think you put your views across very nicely.

Lincoln .7

:)

Member for

13 years 11 months

whilst the story would not surprise me in the slightest i have little regard for learning the whole truth from any media source

they all have thier own agendas to publish news to advantage of thier stances point of view

if it was possible i would buy a leftist paper and a rightist paper and the real truth would probably lie between the two

although i'll rarely waste money buying any paper since i learned ( from those concerned ) that even local papers are inspected by police chiefs to censor stories they do not wish to be released

all the truth ??? don't kid yourself !!

Member for

24 years 2 months

if it was possible i would buy a leftist paper and a rightist paper and the real truth would probably lie between the two

Which means the two Councillors concerned would have been in a semi upright position applauding with one hand each?

Regards,

kev35

Member for

13 years 9 months

whilst the story would not surprise me in the slightest i have little regard for learning the whole truth from any media source

they all have thier own agendas to publish news to advantage of thier stances point of view

although i'll rarely waste money buying any paper since i learned ( from those concerned ) that even local papers are inspected by police chiefs to censor stories they do not wish to be released

all the truth ??? don't kid yourself !!

Well, having been a copper for 30yrs, the Chief Constable reading papers to censor them is news to me!! I was under the impression that a "D" notice could only be applied by the P.M. but there again, I could be wrong.

Lincoln. 7

Member for

13 years 9 months

Which means the two Councillors concerned would have been in a semi upright position applauding with one hand each?

Regards,

kev35

The only NEWS I believe, is what I see and hear with my own eyes. I have been in Court many times, and a journalist from the local rag has been there taking notes of the different cases. Then having read the paper concerned, read and realised that very few cases were exactly as recorded by the journalist, I think the term is "Guilding the Lilly" applies. same old same old, it's all about money.

I started off life without money, and still have most of it left!!

Lincoln .7

:diablo:

Member for

24 years 2 months

keep an open mind.

Daily Mail and open mind both in the same post.

There's something you don't see very often.

Moggy

Member for

14 years

I just hope that this issue is dealt with a calm mind, and not give in to the reactions of anger.

Reactions of anger are simply because we are bally SICK of it. SICK of so called oppressed minority groups of any shape colour or creed, coming into this country and literally taking the p1ss and taxpayers money that could and should be better spent elsewhere.
I have total support for Cameron, but he hasn't gone far enough. A lesson from that Australian Politician woman in charge should be learned [Quote] "Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.
Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:
'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'
"If you practice Sharia law you are a threat to the Nations security and will be treated as such"
[Unquote.]
If all the above support makes me a right wing nazi pig, then so be it. Get in line and join me, I'm about the 20 millionth Briton that feels the same and no matter how some folk try and deny it, it is real. Britons do not, can not and never will get along with the extremes of ANY religion, especially the Muslim extremes but also those completely brainwashed idiots we see on American TV, spouting recycled bile and passing it off as Christian. They need putting up against the same wall.

Member for

20 years 8 months

[QUOTE=tornado64;1700280
!![/QUOTE]Or, in some cases nothing like either.

Member for

14 years 5 months

"When in Rome...." has always been my belief, as mentioned in other posts here. It has to be the only basis for a homogenous interaction between incumbents and immigrants - anywhere. Multiculturalism is and has always been a flawed concept. Immigrants should be prepared to abide by the laws and ethos of the country they move to. When they do not is when racial tension breaks out. Generally speaking indigenous people resent their ways of life being subverted, and this applies to any immigrant anywhere. There are always exceptions to any rule, of course, but I believe the central point is valid.

Member for

19 years 11 months

Anyone who is complaining about immigrants had better be doing it in Welsh.

That is all.

And now, with Mod hat on....

Some of the above is straying dangerously close to a CoC violation.

I am not about to discuss individual postings or argue cases in public, as it's perfectly obvious what I'm talking about.

Please bear the site owners rules in mind as you continue to slag off Johnny Foreigner..... er, I mean discuss this sensitive subject.

Thanks

GA

Member for

13 years 11 months

Or, in some cases nothing like either.

there is probably a great deal of truth in that !!

what we have to remember is they have to sell newspapers to the masses

( sometimes in large percentages unable of individual decissions )

i gave up when i wrote a letter to a local newspaper once complaining about the councils harsh actions about evicting some food stalls from a local tourist attraction

it was so heavily edited and altered you could nearly believe it was a complaint from the opposite viewpoint

the complaint went along the lines of why ban food stalls when they didn't even say a thing to a stallholder selling obvious drugs paraphernalia

the important vital issue was edited out

so obviously it is ok to be a crack addict in our town but you're stuffed if you want a baked potato !!

Member for

13 years 11 months

[QUOTE=PeeDee;1700325]Reactions of anger are simply because we are bally SICK of it. SICK of so called oppressed minority groups of any shape colour or creed, coming into this country and literally taking the p1ss and taxpayers money that could and should be better spent elsewhere.
I have total support for Cameron, but he hasn't gone far enough. A lesson from that Australian Politician woman in charge should be learned

"Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.
Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:
'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'
"If you practice Sharia law you are a threat to the Nations security and will be treated as such"
[Unquote.]
If all the above support makes me a right wing nazi pig, then so be it. Get in line and join me, I'm about the 20 millionth Briton that feels the same and no matter how some folk try and deny it, it is real. Britons do not, can not and never will get along with the extremes of ANY religion, especially the Muslim extremes but also those completely brainwashed idiots we see on American TV, spouting recycled bile and passing it off as Christian. They need putting up against the same wall.

+1 i was all for pc when it was stopping genuine racism

but we are now at a point where we should be playing the racism card

some of the things the extreemists are doing in our country we would probably get stoned or beheaded for in thiers

so why should we be tollerant anymore

certain ellement need stamping out , cameron is bang on !! but as said ( too soft )

i often think if things are so bad and awfull for them living here , why are they so slow at going back to the countries they sing the praises of ??

maybe because the reality is they'd be sat with a begging bowl risking the daily threat of being murdered with no health service to patch them up !!

Member for

14 years 5 months

Tornado - " I often think if things are so bad and awfull for them living here , why are they so slow at going back to the countries they sing the praises of ??"

Because they are hypocrites.

Member for

13 years 9 months

Daily Mail and open mind both in the same post.

There's something you don't see very often.

Moggy

Hi Moggy, it's obvious you don't like the Daily Mail, which incidently is the paper I read, what paper do YOU read as a matter of interest?.

Lincoln .7

:rolleyes:

Member for

13 years 9 months

Some of the above is straying dangerously close to a CoC violation.

Hi GA, I know what you mean, and agree, however, we are supposed to be living in the land of
free speech,which just by chance happens to be OUR Country. what about that chap with the hooks, who the Yanks want, how much money has it costs us the Taxpayer to protect him over the years, and also the costs in free handouts.and how he is allowed to speak up AGAINST US.This is a VERY touchy subject, and by the postings of most, just shows what most of us know,and want but dare not say, as we would get red carded, and THEY just aint worth getting banned for, it would mean just another victory for them.
I think, as it seems to be getting VERY close to getting out of hand, that in the interest of all, that this Post be closed. I think the majority of the Mods would agree, if their honest.

Lincoln .7

:diablo:

Member for

24 years 2 months

...what paper do YOU read as a matter of interest?.

Regularly? None

When I happen upon one (library / pub / train), any.

Moggy

Member for

14 years 5 months

It is perfectly possible to debate this subject without the danger of being red-carded. Emotions have to kept in check, that's all. But then that applies to any debate, worthy of the name.;)

Member for

13 years 9 months

It is perfectly possible to debate this subject without the danger of being red-carded. Emotions have to kept in check, that's all. But then that applies to any debate, worthy of the name.;)

It IS a very emotive subject I agree. but I am afraid there are times when, like all of us we snap, everyone has their breaking point, and it only takes one or two ill placed words to be posted in the heat of the moment to get banned, What may seem perfectly innocent on a particular subject, may not be seen in the same light as the Mods see it.
If you want to carry on with this Post by all means do, but it's a subject that will get us nowhere. Now if I were to honestly say what I think, I would be the first to be red carded.And Peter, how can we call this a debate on this posting, when there are restrictions in place to keep a "Debate" such as this, highly restricted by what we say.or what we would like to say.

Lincoln .7