Best male comedian ever

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 5 months

Who?:)

Member for

19 years 11 months

No-one has mentioned Ken Dodd or Will Hay.

Astounding.....

Member for

14 years 5 months

Looking back at Will Hay he does not seem as funny as when I first saw him. And, sorry, Ken Dodd does nothing for me at all. And the thought of sitting through 2, 3 and 4 hours of him - well, I'd rather have my finger nails drawn out....or did someone else get there first?:D

Member for

19 years 11 months

I didn't say they were funny, just that no-one had mentioned them. ;)

Member for

17 years 11 months

Dave Allen - Genius.

Member for

14 years 5 months

I didn't say they were funny, just that no-one had mentioned them. ;)

But the use of the word "Astounding..." implied that you thought them fit for inclusion in the category. ;)

Member for

13 years 9 months

No-one has mentioned Ken Dodd or Will Hay.

Astounding.....

O.K. GA just to appease you, WILL HAY!!!!! and yes, I do remember him':D

Lincoln .7

:diablo:

Member for

13 years 9 months

Looking back at Will Hay he does not seem as funny as when I first saw him. And, sorry, Ken Dodd does nothing for me at all. And the thought of sitting through 2, 3 and 4 hours of him - well, I'd rather have my finger nails drawn out....or did someone else get there first?:D

Peter. WHO has upset you today?. you seem to be dissagreeing with everything on the forums has to say:(

Lincoln .7

:diablo:

Member for

14 years 5 months

:confused::confused:I think you'll find I have given you a rather long list of favourite comedians with which others have agreed or not responded to, and mentioned two, I think, whom I don't find funny....:confused:

Member for

24 years 2 months

Tommy Cooper

Member for

13 years 9 months

Tommy Cooper

Well at least he died on stage doing what he loved, Even though you knew what was coming, you still had to laugh, He will be missed.

Lincoln. 7

Member for

14 years

It was nearly an arm full!

"The Blackboard Jungle" was his Half hour masterpiece IMO. But you need the full 30 mins, there are no quick sketches to snip from, like "The Blood Donor". "Radio Ham" and "Sunday afternoon at home" are also up there in the masterpieces.
I do prefer the old comics, including Monkhouse. Saw him at Wythenshawe Civic centre in the 70's. 2 hours of constant solid comedy. Also saw Ken Dodd there too, another 2 hour show.....now he really did split your sides, with mostly clean humour. Les Dennis and Dustin Gee (RIP) were a great pair. Tommy C will always be the top of the tree, now matter what, for me. I have every available video of him, and never tire of them. I even walked the street where "The Plank" was made. Not that I made a special trip, I was there so I just had to do it!
Any of the old members of the TV Show "The Comedians". It launced the career of many a great talent.

As for new talent, The Big Yin has brought me most laughs, and Peter Kay too. As for Ricky, I don't count him as a comedian, he is a funny bloke doing TV. Office and Extras were actually outstanding TV programmes in their sector, but it isn't stand-up comedy.

Member for

13 years 11 months

[QUOTE=PeeDee Any of the old members of the TV Show "The Comedians". It launced the career of many a great talent.

.[/QUOTE]

charlie williams was brilliant , he had a good face for commedy too

you were on your way to chuckling before he even said anything !!

Member for

14 years 5 months

Billy Connelly has to be no.1 - his most recent dvd had me rolling on the floor laughing.

Other top ones:
Ken Dodd
Michael McIntyre
Frankie Boyle (Taking cover for that :diablo: )
Morecombe and Wise
Tommy Cooper

The Two Ronnies are fantastic and did a brilliant christmas Alice In Wonderland sketch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rfTOZzl9pE

Member for

18 years 8 months

Lee evans in my eyes is currently the best stand up comedian at this time.
His timing and delivery bettered by none.

As for ultimate,id have to go for writers,yes the unsung heroes who put the words in to the mouths of some comedic talents.
Ian La Frenais & Dick Clement
Graham Linehan
and the great Barry Cryer.

Member for

14 years 5 months

....and Galton and Simpson.

Member for

19 years 5 months

If you're old, Bob Hope,
Slightly younger...George Carlin
Younger still, Richard Pryor, Robin Williams...

As you can see, it all depends on one's age and who they grew up with.
As with most things, there is no ONE "Best".

Member for

14 years 5 months

If we are going Stateside, as well as those you mentioned( except Robin Williams)- Bob Newhart, Woody Allen, Jack Benny, Alan Sherman, Lenny Bruce, Rich Hall, George Burns........et al.:D

Member for

19 years 11 months

O.K. GA just to appease you, WILL HAY!!!!! and yes, I do remember him':D

Ah, but do you know what his other claim to fame was?

Member for

18 years 8 months

Bill Hicks
"Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children. "