Queen mother's funeral

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

This morning I watched the Queen Mother's funeral on t.v., and I have to say that upon hearing the pipers playing first, a Scottish, and then an Irish lament, followed by the sound of six merlin engines as the Battle of Britain Memorial flight flew over, plus the overall sight of all the splendour which was on display, I have seldom felt more pride at being a British citizen, or more fiercely patriotic than I did this day.
Regards, Dazza.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: Queen mother's funeral

I watched the Queen Mothers funeral today also,I was truely amazd tthe number of people who watched in silence as the coffin was move to Westminister abbey and then on to Windsor.It made me proud to be British seeing everyone from youngsters to the elderly paying there respects to such a remarkable woman.May she rest in peace.
One thing for sure,Britain will never be the same again without her.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I'm still in school but doing further education. I think my school should be ashamed of themselves for not letting us watch the funeral and not even holding a 2 minute silence.

I am even more anoyed at the fact that today was not made a public holiday (even if it was only for this year). The Queen Mum lived through everything. She was born 3 years before Orville and Wilbur Wright made their first ever flight. She never saw any of the things we take for granted today i.e. television, internet(!!) and other things.

I think the being at school, we are controlled too much and today, being such a day in history, we should have been given the opportunity to tune in and watch this lady put to rest.

Big piece of history. Farewell and a salute.

elp
usa

Member for

24 years 2 months

Very big piece of history, end of an era really. The service, the whole sight was amazing and the roar of the of Merlins in the fly by..well I would have loved to have been there. :)

Regards and best wishes to the Royal family for a new day of a new era has dawned..

Glenn.