Queen Mother Dies

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 30-03-02 AT 06:06 PM (GMT)]I have just heard on the news that the Queen mother has died in her sleep peacefully.She had been suffering from a chest infection.
No website links yet though when it becomes avaliable I will post a link.
My thoughts are with the Royal Family at this sad time.
RIP

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: Queen Mother Dies

:( Had to happen sometime soon.

Member for

24 years 2 months

they thought it was gonna happen cos of Margeret going last month.

Member for

24 years 2 months

May she rest in peace. She has been a really unique figure and splendid woman. It has been a great lost not only for the UK but the whole Europe.

Member for

24 years 2 months

The death of the Queen Mother is indeed a tragedy for the nation, but it may also be seen as a blessed release for her. To cope with such ill health at such an advanced age is almost impossible.

For any of us with an interest in WWII, King George the Sixth and Queen Elizabeth played a pivotal role. When France capitulated in 1940, it was the King who said thank God we are on our own. At the time Britain was very much on her own with only limited help from America and a steadily growing input from the Commonwealth and Dominions. After the bombing of Buckingham Palace it was Queen Elizabeth who stated that at last she could look the people of the East end of London in the eye. The East end suffered terribly in the Blitz of 1940. I believe the King and Queen also refused advice to send their daughters to safety in Canada.

With her passing, I think we in Britain have reached the end of an era. Following the death of Princess Diana and now the Queen Mother, I doubt any other member of the Royal Family will ever receive such a high level of respect, admiration and affection.

Finally, I totally agree with the sentiments expressed by Keltic, may she rest in peace.

Regards,

kev35

Member for

24 years 2 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 30-03-02 AT 11:32 PM (GMT)]I have just woken to the news here in Oz. I am shocked, but not completely. May she rest in peace.

:( :( :(

Member for

24 years 2 months

I have been moved by the news which agreeable was not a total shock, but still is very sad. She will be terribly missed.

Regards

Benair

Member for

24 years 2 months

As others have said, may she rest in peace. It is a sad day to see such an influential and wonderful woman like that go. Just remember though, she will never be forgotten. God Bless Her.