That could have been nasty...

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 10 months

what exact relavence has that got to do with anything ?? yes on L plates

so which do you call a biker ??

The ones who have passed their test.... ;)

ZRX61, I might have missed something in all of this, what are you riding??
The bloke coming the other way probably felt luckey afterwards.
A.

Probablt took a while to get the seat out of his butt... I was on my ZRX1100

fair enough yiou can't teach manners !!

It's got FA to do with manners :rolleyes:

ZRX. Rick, what were you doing a Vid for?. Surley this is an inducement for the other riders with you to ride faster, as it would make for better filming?.
And why was the rider doing a "U" turn on a solid line on his side of the road, seems it's like it is over here, no Coppers about, lets go mad.;)
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Rule #1: NEVER ride for the camera...

Which parts of your description do you think the lawyers would be interested in if this had been a more serious accident?

They'd have gone after the pillock on the Gixer that started the entire event.

Member for

18 years 10 months

So, what can 5 bikers do?
Well I guess 1 could render first aid, 1 could nip up the road to warn the traffic approaching one way and 1 could nip down the road for the other. This leaves 2 to remove the wrecked bike to the side of the road and call the ambulance. Whether the guy is considered a muppet or not, should not be a prerequisite for getting assistance.:rolleyes:

Just because he is moving doesn't mean he's not injured.

Next time.....stop.

One more time:
Lead bike missed the wreck, bikes 3 thru 6 stopped, bike 2 (me) chased down the lead bike.
By the time the bike behind me had stopped the guy was already on his feet picking the bike up. He had it on it's wheels & out of the road in SECONDS. The only danger at that point was the pillocks in the minivan who parked in the middle of the road to rubberneck.

Member for

20 years 6 months

what exact relavence has that got to do with anything ?? yes on L plates

Oh, I touched a raw nerve there.
I just thought you'd carry more weight in your role as self appointed motorcycling safety expert if you had passed your test at some point.
I mean you've had quite some time to apply etc.

you might be surprised at the attitude of many instructors (both civilian and Police) to speed and it's useage--also filtering and other stuff.

As to what I call a biker..??
it's a term I never use--it's too limiting as a description.

Member for

18 years 10 months

you might be surprised at the attitude of many instructors (both civilian and Police) to speed and it's useage--also filtering and other stuff.

Wouldn't surprise me. I've had conversations with Laura Norder where they have question exactly why I felt the need to travel at fairly rapid levels of motion & been told to "take it a bit easy in future".. & that includes 105mph on a freeway by the CHP, also 85 in a 50 & 90 in 55 on the same road, two weeks apart by the same Dibble... & not even been given a written warning, let alone a Performance Award... & that's without asking for mercy/a warning/promising not to be a **** in future etc. They just look at my advanced age, documents, run me through the computer to see if I'm *known* to them & tell me to ****** off:)
Last time, I was asked why I was going 63 in a 45 (truck, not the bike) I said 'I guess I had my head up my ass". Cop laughed & let me go :)

Member for

20 years 6 months

I was talking to an instructor in my workshop as recently as yesterday and he was telling me how agressive some of the instructors on the local 'plod' bike refresher course (Bikesafe) encourage riders to be.
One of the expressions used was 'hunt the overtake'.
Now I've done a bit in my time but I'd rather make my own assessment of that one--each instance as it comes up.

That Kawasaki of yours probably sticks the fear of Christ into the odd Sports bike rider too.:):)

A.

Member for

18 years 10 months

That Kawasaki of yours probably sticks the fear of Christ into the odd Sports bike rider too.:):)

A.

It's a bit quicker than stock since I stuffed the engine full of ZZR11 parts :D The ride last weekend was 4 ZRX's, a ZX10 & a one day old Z1000. We made good progress...
I also got a video of some chap in an Exige waving me past on a blind left hander with oncoming traffic. I declined his invitation as I could see round the corner, but he couldn't because his butt was a lot closer to the ground. I stayed behind him enjoying the view for a mile or so.
As for "hunt the overtake", CHP riders are instructed to ride a bit faster than the rest of the traffic as it's found to be safer that way to travel by bike. They don't always appreciate civvies knowing that, but it will usually get you out of a ticket... depending on ones interpretation of "a bit faster".

Member for

20 years 6 months

Well if I can ever get the camshafts back into the engines, I own a couple of these (amongst other things).
Both have their thirtieth birthday next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGfJ9IqXcoE

A.

Member for

14 years

Oh, I touched a raw nerve there.
I just thought you'd carry more weight in your role as self appointed motorcycling safety expert if you had passed your test at some point.
I mean you've had quite some time to apply etc.

As to what I call a biker..??
it's a term I never use--it's too limiting as a description.

my instructors attitude was the limmits are there for a reason !! he was on an 1100 machine

fair goes i may have a small bike and may not have passed the test but it duesn't mean i haven't put in the miles in all weathers

to be told i'm not a biker by imbeciles that pass thier test at 40 something then go round to the local bike shop and buy the biggest sport bike possible to go and terrorise the roads and other road users on a sunny sunday once a month or maybe weekly if thier wives let them whilst videoing it for you tube

if i'm totaly honnest i trust some teens on scooters to ride better than the mid life crisis brigade !!

Member for

18 years 10 months

my instructors attitude was the limmits are there for a reason !!

Revenue generation... ;)

imbeciles that pass thier test at 40 something then go round to the local bike shop and buy the biggest sport bike possible to go and terrorise the roads and other road users on a sunny sunday once a month or maybe weekly if thier wives let them whilst videoing it for you tube

None of them in our group, we won't ride with weekend ******s. (we did once, it didn't end well). Been riding on the street since '76 & the current bike has just a hair under 100,000 miles on it. Hopefully it will beat the 165,000 miles I had on my '83 GPz1100... When the ZRX rolls over 100K I know I'll be over 1.5M miles total, I already am, but I don't count miles on other peoples bikes, just my Kaw's including 800K as a London courier.
My ex missus took her test on a '78 Z1000-A2... her first bike...

Member for

19 years 2 months

Revenue generation... ;)

:D:D:D aint that the truth brother !!:)

Member for

20 years 6 months

fair goes i may have a small bike and may not have passed the test but it duesn't mean i haven't put in the miles in all weathers

Never said you hadn't. We've all been soaked to the skin more times than we care to remember--plus frozen, frost-bitten and otherwise p*ssed off.

to be told i'm not a biker by imbeciles that pass thier test at 40 something then go round to the local bike shop and buy the biggest sport bike possible to go and terrorise the roads and other road users on a sunny sunday once a month or maybe weekly if thier wives let them whilst videoing it for you tube

Yes, but essentially your refusal to take and pass your test exploits what is essentially a loop-hole in the law. The spirit of the law (if such a thing exists) is that a provisional license is a stepping stone to a proper full license--proof that the rider is competent--not something to be perpetually renewed with the occasional re-take of the CBT.
At you age you could consider a direct entry test I would think.
I think your attitude reflects a certain amount of hypocrisy to be honest. You're happy to quote the law at others while conveniently choosing which bits apply to you--and while not actually breaking the law, you are bending it to suit your convenience.

If you're wondering if I'm a born at forty biker then I'm not. I passed my test when I was seventeen and have ridden (with a couple of gaps) ever since. I'm fifty in October.
And whatever you say, the forty something blokes who ride apparently so badly (and some do) on their Gixxers, Hayabusa's and Blades have done just that--passed their test.
I'm happy for you to read about me here...

http://www.andysbikes.co.uk/index.php

if i'm totaly honnest i trust some teens on scooters to ride better than the mid life crisis brigade !!

You've very obviously never worked in a bike shop in Luton..!!

Andy.

Member for

18 years 10 months

Was in the same area today. I parked up for a while. Gixerboy wasn't around, assuming he ran out of bikes after wadding 2 last weekend. In the video there's a guy pulled over on the left, on a blue/white R1 (or gixer?) without a fairing. The reason he pulled over there was so he could also do a Uturn where brainiac dumped his gixer last sunday. I saw that guy again today & he ran up & down that road about 6 times, stopping to do a uturn exactly where his thickheaded oppo crashed last weekend..

Member for

13 years 10 months

Why am I begining to think that this is all staged?.:eek: Just have that "Gut feeling". Or perhaps it's just me being a bit pessimistic.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

14 years

dunno but one fella fell off his 500 this morning , except i stopped enquired if he was ok helped him to get his bike up then departed for work

if that makes me the lesser biker i'm perfectly happy not to be tarred with the same brush !!

and yes there were others there but he was still apreciative !!

Member for

18 years 10 months

Why am I begining to think that this is all staged?.:eek: Just have that "Gut feeling". Or perhaps it's just me being a bit pessimistic.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

? what's staged?

Member for

20 years 6 months

dunno but one fella fell off his 500 this morning , except i stopped enquired if he was ok helped him to get his bike up then departed for work
if that makes me the lesser biker i'm perfectly happy not to be tarred with the same brush !!
and yes there were others there but he was still apreciative !!

What sort of 500?
I ask because it's an unusual engine capacity these days and the bike may therefore have been something vintage.
Most Japanese bikes tend towards 600 or 650 in the modern era.

Andy

Member for

15 years 10 months

Just for a spot of thread R&R :D

Used to own a 500, a Yammy XT500, one of my all time favourites, lots of fun, one of the few bikes that I actually miss.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r306/Major_Von_Harpen/scan0009-1.jpg

Member for

20 years 6 months

A good XT is worth a few bob these days.

Member for

14 years

What sort of 500?
I ask because it's an unusual engine capacity these days and the bike may therefore have been something vintage.
Most Japanese bikes tend towards 600 or 650 in the modern era.

Andy

wasn't that old a modern kawasaki sport tourer

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqF,!lkE9K8O-wq,BPh(DU8mkg~~_12.JPG