That could have been nasty...

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

There were 6 of us riding together. The mongfoolery happened between me & the lead rider. Neither I, nor any of the 4 other guys are telepathic. How do you suggest we let the lead know that 2/3rd of the bikes are now stopped?
Cell phone. Besides, if the lead is even remotely a good driver he will use his/her mirrors and notice the group is missing. At that point he/she can either wait or turn around.

As for the difference between 4 or 5 people on scene, the idiot crashed his bike in a corner with poor visibility. It would be advisable to have one or two people standing before the corner to warn other traffic the road was blocked. Even if it only took seconds for the idiot to get the bike of the road (and I am not saying it took just seconds).

Member for

13 years 11 months

Errr
read post 65 then get back to me !!

Member for

13 years 11 months

Cell phone. Besides, if the lead is even remotely a good driver he will use his/her mirrors and notice the group is missing. At that point he/she can either wait or turn around.

As for the difference between 4 or 5 people on scene, the idiot crashed his bike in a corner with poor visibility. It would be advisable to have one or two people standing before the corner to warn other traffic the road was blocked. Even if it only took seconds for the idiot to get the bike of the road (and I am not saying it took just seconds).

exactly there was all sorts that should have been done even down to asking yourself .... " why did he go down so easy ???" and if he's hit diesel , is it on my tyres too ??

Member for

20 years 5 months

As for those going through the male menopause and getting a big bike for weekends.

Paul there isn't nearly as much of this around as what you've been lead to believe.
Sadly, much of the semi-literate motorcycling press gives the impression that everyone is out for speed etc, but experience on the ground just doesn't bear that out.
Most of my customers are middle aged but usually you find they're vastly experienced and know their stuff.

ZRX61.
I laughed out loud at the working in a bike shop bit.
It does of course beg the question what he was doing there. I have a wok experience lad who comes two afternoons a week for nothing, just to get experience. The Government pay him something or other. Of course he doesn't get to touch too much valuable stuff but he's a nice lad and makes a decent cuppa.

T64--don't tell me, this week you're a brain surgeon..?
If your job is so badly paid, why don't you go back to motorbike spannering..?
Send me your CV and I might be able to sort you something out.

Member for

18 years 9 months

That would have been a Wonkey then!:D

:D

Member for

19 years 1 month

read post 65 then get back to me !!

Doesn't mention care work just that you worked at a bike shop and then recovering accident bikes ;)
I worked someplace else before as well but I am still doing the same job just in a different location - so it was a vague post to say the least and does not mention your current job :)

Member for

19 years 1 month

I have a wok experience lad

Is he a chinese cook then Andy ??:D

sorry couldnt resist

Member for

20 years 5 months

Bazy.
I love that.
I get that many visitors who come up the hill from the hallowed acres of Old Warden, who drink my Tea and eat my biscuits that I've considered chucking the bikes out and putting in tables and chairs and starting a cafe..!
If the lad could do a decent Chinese, then we might be on to something..! I've already had suggestions that I start serving that local delicacy--The Befordshire Clanger.

A.

Member for

13 years 9 months

Andy, Don't you just love this forum, we have gone from a simple accident, to a member who realy does need to pass his test, even Baz at Newquay could help fill in the forms for him, to opening a Chinese takeaway, and 3 legged Donkeys, on Newquay beach.

Who is taking who for a ride?.:D
What a bunch of wind up merchants, I recon poor old T64 will end up in a nut house if we are not careful.:diablo:
Jim.

Lincoln .7

Member for

13 years 11 months

i'm very thick skinned jim but then i don't do ignorant acts like those that were posted in the video and if that is the standard of an "allegedly " experienced biker them i am extremely happy to be as far sepperated from him as possible !!

Member for

13 years 9 months

T64 Yep, I'll go along with that, you have to be very thick skinned on here at times, but you must admit, you do leave yourself wide open at times, and this time is one of those times;)

Pardon the pun, but just go along with it for the ride.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

20 years 5 months

i'm very thick skinned jim but then i don't do ignorant acts like those that were posted in the video and if that is the standard of an "allegedly " experienced biker them i am extremely happy to be as far sepperated from him as possible !!

Well personally I doubt 2/3rds of everything you write.
You might have a thick skin but you're certainly a graduate of the 'Adolf Hitler School Of Etiquette and Charm'.
If you really do deal with the sick (which I doubt), I hope your real bedside manner is more polite (and subtle) than the way you conduct yourself on here.

Member for

18 years 10 months

Cell phone? for what? The guy was just ahead of me, you can see him in the video.
The road WAS blocked.... by the 4 guys who stopped right behind me.

Member for

18 years 10 months

exactly there was all sorts that should have been done even down to asking yourself .... " why did he go down so easy ???" and if he's hit diesel , is it on my tyres too ??

If you pay attention to the video you can see EXACTLY why he crashed. Anyone who has passed his test can easily work out what happened.

Member for

18 years 10 months

Well personally I doubt 2/3rds of everything you write..

Only 2/3rds? I don't think the walt has ANY credibility at all.

Member for

20 years 5 months

I had a rare moment of generosity.

Member for

18 years 10 months

Yesterdays ride was uneventful.... except for seeing what appeared to be a HUGE bug hovering at head height right in front of me. I tilted my head to the right to avoid it & at the last moment realized it was actually a hummingbird. It does show up on the video, but if you blink you won't see it.

Member for

20 years 5 months

It does show up on the video, but if you blink you won't see it.

Got a link..?