F1 Bahrain - Good idea?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 9 months

Bernie dismisses civil unrest and violence as 'nothing to do with him' and as the race approaches, protests may be an issue on the day.

Should the Bahrain Grand prix have been delayed or cancelled?

How comfortable will you be throughout the race?

Baz

Original post

Member for

15 years 10 months

could host the event at Newquay airport, lots of room, could knock up a great circuit in no time, and it wouldn't affect flying ops at all, you could hold the whole event quite easily between flights (inc practice and qualifying) lol :)

Member for

13 years 9 months

Yep. And Baz could use his laybye as the pit stop area, and no doubt give the crowd a flying display:D
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

13 years

1, Its a boring track. It looks like an overgrown scalex to me.

2It has given the opposition a worldwide platform to publisize their cause

3 Bernie would say that as he trousers the money from one of the most profitable GP,s

So my answer is no to this event taking place. It will unfortunately end in violence and death IMO.

Member for

13 years 9 months

I Can't stand that little pr**k Eccleston, He has ruined F1, whilst making millions for himself. Why do they make changes to the rules and regs every year, which small teams cannot afford?
Bring back the good old Turbo yrs, and the spectacular sight when one blew.
But back on thread, I think, that it should be up to the drivers themselves to make that sort of decision as to whether they race or not.Not Eccleston, or indeed as I now see our Polititions, they know naff all about F1, well I assume most don't, but they sure like jumping on the bandwagon when it suits them.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

17 years 5 months

I think it was right to run it, simply because if cancelled it would open up the opportunity for any groups worldwide with a grievance to get ŵorlwide news coverage by disrupting a race, at least this shows that they will not bow down to that pressure and by running the race it shows them they have nothing to gain.

A bit like the UK and the deplorable act over the first aircraft hijack, even the hijackers did not think it would work, but we gave in assuring the use of hijacking would continue to the present day.

Member for

14 years

I've no problem with it being held.

Sport is always a soft target for politicians to have a go at. Meanwhile they will
still allow banks and companies to deal with the country.

Member for

12 years 11 months

As usual with these events- a strong whiff of hypocrisy is in the air. As someone has commented; bandwagons are in place ready to be jumped on. Sport and politics should not mix.

John Green

Member for

17 years 10 months

A bit naive to think they could hold a global sport in a country going through civil unrest, and it not get used as a platform for political reasons.
I wouldn't have held the race but money talks louder than civil protest.