The Last Film You Watched..... IV

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

11 years 5 months

One of my favourites! Very good indeed!!:)

Member for

20 years 7 months

Star Trek (2009)

Great fun, and a great reboot of the series. Can't wait to see what the second installment has to offer!

Member for

20 years 7 months

Salem's Lot

OK, technically a mini-series, this is based on a book by Stephen King. A writer moves back to his home town, only to discover a lot of weird goings-on, centering around a house at the edge of town. Cue James Mason and a Nosferatu-esque Kurt Barlow.

Pretty good, but fairly gore- and scare-light. Well, for me, anyway! :dev2:

Member for

12 years 5 months

i stumbled upon the 'Human centipede' the other night, i managed about ten minutes viewing, who thinks of this stuff? I struggled to sleep!

Member for

20 years 7 months

21 Jump Street

Genuinely very funny revamp of the 1980s US cop drama series.

The Sitter

Jonah Hill again in this one, which was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Cross of Honour

Based on the true story of a German bomber crew shot down over Norway by a FAA fighter, with both crews eventually finding a cabin high in the mountains in which to try and survive, forming an unlikely friendship in the process. Not bad at all, actually.

Team America - World Police

Hadn't seen this in years - still hysterically funny! "You are WORTHRESS, AREC BARDWIN!"

Member for

20 years 7 months

The best Christmas movie ever made. Otherwise known as....

DIE HARD

Member for

16 years 2 months

The Dawn Patrol (1938 version)

Starring Errol Flynn, Basil Rathbone, and David Niven as Royal Flying Corps fighter pilots on the Western Front in World War I.

Still hugely watchable and enjoyable, although the fact that it was filmed amid the barren hills of (presumably) California makes it a little less believable at times.

I'm surprised that Hollywood filmed it as a British Squadron, rather than one made up of American flyers - perhaps the inevitability of war in Europe had something to do with the decision?

Gotta love a rotary engine - brrrp, brrrp, brrrp!

Member for

20 years 7 months

The Man from Snowy River

Epic Australian adventure film, starring a young Tom Burlinson (otherwise better known as "Fanny" Barton in Piece of Cake).

Die Another Day

The worst of the Pierce Brosnan Bond films, the film is still watchable, but it feels like a giant video game at times.

Kill Bill Vol.1

One of only two Tarantino films I can watch without feeling physically violent towards the man. The other being Vol.2.

Member for

20 years 7 months

The Dawn Patrol (1938 version)

I love that film. Would love to see it remade with replica SE.5as, though.

Member for

16 years 7 months

the day of the jackel....

Brilliant still after all these years. An shame on Hollywood for trying to "remake/rebrand/re-image" it....

Member for

16 years 2 months

Would love to see it remade with replica SE.5as, though.

But then you'd have to change the title to Aces High!

Ooop, they did! :D

Member for

16 years

I'm not a film buff at all and, to be honest, I can't remember the last time I saw a film or, indeed, what it was.

I very much want to see Spielberg's Lincoln, though.

Member for

20 years 7 months

But then you'd have to change the title to Aces High!

Ooop, they did! :D

Hahaha! :D

Member for

20 years 7 months

21 Jump Street

Again. Still funny as hell.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Aladdin

Disney's 1992 cartoon. Not bad, actually. A bit overshadowed by the Robin Williams-voiced genie, though.

Homeward Bound - The Incredible Journey

Two dogs and a cat journey across tough terrain to reach their owners. You have no soul if you don't shed an occasional tear at this one!

Hanover Street

So-so romantic drama starring Harrison Ford as a carefree B-25 pilot who falls in love with an English nurse. The flying scenes make this more watchable!

Member for

16 years 2 months

Erwin Rommel - ARD Fernsehfilm

A bit of a surprise turn up on Youtube.

A 2012, made-for-tv-film starring Ulrich Tukur as Erwin Rommel in a biopic of his last few months in Normandy while preparing for the inevitable Allied invasion, then his wounding and subsequent "suicide" after implication in the plot to kill Hitler.

Ulrich Tukur is probably best known in the UK for his role as Oberstleutnant Grubitz who assigns the investigation of playwright Georg Dreymann to his loyal and coldly effective Stasi-Hauptmann Wiesler in The Lives Of Others. (Thomas Thieme, who played the loathsome politician Hempf in the same film is also in this one as Gen. Feldmarschall von Kluge).

There are no subtitles unfortunately and it's a two hour film but I found it quite easy to follow. Quite elaborate sets, but also a fair bit of CGI (including Spitfires) which isn't very convincing.

I don't know whether there are plans to release the film on DVD, with English subtitles, but I'd certainly want to watch it again if it was.

I also can't tell whether the Youtube upload is "kosher", so it may be best to watch it while you can. The upload quality is impressive.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Turner and Hooch

Tom Hanks gets saddled with a rather unusual new partner in the investigation of a murder in a quiet town. Forgot how funny this was - Hanks on top form as usual.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Ooh, I quite fancy that! Loved the last film!!

Member for

20 years 7 months

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Watched this on Blu-ray for the first time.

Wow!!

Crystal-clear picture and sound make this 31-year-old classic look like it was shot yesterday.

DAMN, this film is more awesome than ever! :D