18 years 9 months

Cave

OK, but it was full of holes...........

Member for

20 years 7 months

JAWS 3

Giant rubber shark mayhem.

War Horse

Still sets the tears going after the 12th time!

Member for

14 years

Having watched "The girl with the dragon tattoo" on TV a while back (The original Swedish version),
we have just watched the second in the Millennium trilogy, "The girl who played with fire", and now
have the last one to watch "The girl who kicked the hornets nest".

Very good films.

Member for

11 years 5 months

Last Chance Harvey - Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson. Well written and perfectly acted.

Member for

11 years 5 months

[B]

War Horse

Still sets the tears going after the 12th time!

Had read the book and cried and the film was a big disappointment and rather full of Spielberg saccharine. Then I saw it on stage and the tears did flow again. Unmatched.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Had read the book and cried and the film was a big disappointment and rather full of Spielberg saccharine. Then I saw it on stage and the tears did flow again. Unmatched.

I've yet to see the stage show, but it's due to hit Edinburgh sometime in 2014. I'm definitely going to have to see it.

Member for

11 years 5 months

Don't miss it, Daz - it is exceptional and if there are youngsters involved they will be rapt.:)

Member for

15 years 9 months

Cockneys vs Zombies, a true cinematic great, very funny indeed :D

With a star studed cast, which includes- Richard Briers, Honor Blackman, Tony Selby, you know it must be good ;)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4chJ2ZzI44A/UK5J4h4R-II/AAAAAAAACw8/JX38UUHGfHg/s1600/cockneys-vs-zombies-banner.jpg

Member for

20 years 7 months

Men in Black 3

Should have been called "Meh! in Black".

The Hunger Games

Predictable, boring, overlong, and without a single likeable character in it. Plus, I can't get behind a character whose name is one consonant away from "Catpiss"....

Member for

20 years 7 months

Jurassic Park

First film of the year, on blu-ray. Hard to believe this film is TWENTY YEARS OLD this year - and I saw it in the cinema in 1993!

Member for

16 years

Watched 'The Birds' the other night.

As excellent as ever.

Member for

11 years 5 months

"Dan in Real Life" - Steve Carell, Juliette Binoche, Dianne Wiest, John Mahoney and Emily Blunt. Great cast but weak story and unconvincing direction.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Giving the blu-ray player a good workout today. So far I've watched....

Tremors

Giant man-eating worms terrorise a small desert community. Great fun.

Blue Thunder

Roy Scheider uncovers corruption while testing out a prototype helicopter. Another great fun flick!

Gladiator

Need I say more? This was the theatrical cut, which I happen to prefer, and it looked and sounded fantastic.

Member for

18 years 9 months

Batman - Dark knight rises

Dark, depressing, miserable and absolute cr@p.
Actually cheered when Batman was blown up by the nuke at the end, that's how much I cared for this sulky 2D character. Imagine the dispair when the knob appears in a cafe in Rome as the end credits roll.........

I'd rather watch Apollo 18 again and by god, that was abysmal.

2/10

Member for

20 years 7 months

I never bothered with TDKR, Baz, and it seems I was right not to!

Member for

20 years 7 months

V for Vendetta

A masked freedom fighter strives to release the fascist government's grip on a futuristic Britain. 8/10

Shaun of the Dead

Destined to become a classic of British film, if it isn't already. 9/10

Member for

20 years 7 months

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

The weakest of the four, in my opinion, but still good fun.

Dangerous Moonlight

A Polish concert pianist vies to return to combat, having fled the Nazi onslaught in 1939. So-so WW2 romantic drama, the highlight of which being the last 15 minutes or so, where the main character gets to grips with the Spitfire.

Member for

18 years 9 months

We were soldiers

A brilliant 'no crap' Vietnam war story based around Hal Moore.

a rare 10/10 from me.

Baz

Member for

11 years 8 months

The Iron Lady (2011)
Channel 4, 6 Jan, 21:00

Firstly, Meryl Streep plays a fantastic Thatcher.
The film is a very inlightening insight into Margaret's rise to power and personal life. If nothing else it shows just how much she helped promote women in parliament. A great tribute for a great woman.