The Last Film You Watched..... IV

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 7 months

The Final Countdown

The USS Nimitz gets sent through some kind of time warp to the day before the attack on Pearl Harbor, and then comes the decision on whether or not to intervene with history and strike at the Japanese task force before they obliterate the US Pacific Fleet.

An interesting premise, and some great footage of carrier operations, and not forgetting that brilliant Zeros vs. Tomcats sequence - "Splash the Zeros!"

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Insidious 2011 (Via Netflix), I have wanted to watch this Horror since it came out and missed the Sky Cinema presentation, I really don't know what all the fuss was about when it came out as many touted it to be a return to true shock Horror I did not. To be honest though maybe the film loses that feeling when viewed on the small screen I don't know none the less as a Horror it does it's job and keeps you watching so all in all one to watch if your into the genre..........;)

Starring:- Patrick Wilson,(Josh Feldman as Young Josh),Rose Byrne,Lin Shaye,Ty Simpkins,Barbara Hershey,Leigh Whannell,
Angus Sampson,Andrew Astor,Heather Tocquigny,Corbett Tuck,Ruben Pla,John Henry Binder,Christopher Marr Besina and
Marfren Cubar.

Parents (Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne) take drastic measures when it seems their new home is haunted and their comatose son (Ty Simpkins) is possessed by a malevolent entity.

Geoff.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Black Eagle

A 2012 South Korean action movie about a hotshot F-15 pilot who gets kicked out of the country's aerobatic team, and is forced to rejoin his military unit in the hopes it might discipline him better. Cue MANY Top Gun-esque scenes, and some OTT CGI flight scenes, but entertaining enough.

Member for

14 years 6 months

I watched 2001 A Space Odyssey again to see of it had improved with age.
Nope, still confusing nonsensical rubbish.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Iron Eagle

The Goonies goes to Top Gun - probably the best way to describe this one!

I mean, it's not bad, but it's not in the realms of Top Gun!

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Hunter Killer 2018 (Via Netflix) I enjoyed this film on the whole despite some minor niggles, the CGI was quite good at times and the film does flash by quite quickly keeping the viewer paying attention. Not much in the way of a dramatic acting roles but none the less if you like the genre and can get over the few niggles you can enjoy it like I did.......:eagerness:

Starring:- Gerard Butler,Gary Oldman,Common,Zane Holtz,Caroline Goodall,Alexander Diachenko,Michael Nyqvist,Ilia Volok,
Mikhail Gorevoy,Igor Jijikine,Yuri Kolokolnikov,Toby Stephens,Linda Cardellini,David Gyasi,Gabriel Chavarria,Taylor John Smith,
Ryan McPartlin,Michael Trucco,Richard Hills Jr,Adam James,Carter MacIntyre and Kieron Bimpson.

American submarine Captain Joe Glass is on the hunt for a U.S. sub in distress in the Arctic Ocean. He soon learns that a secret Russian coup is in the offing, a conspiracy that threatens to dismantle the world order. With crew and country on the line, Glass must assemble an elite group of Navy SEALs to sneak through enemy waters, rescue the kidnapped Russian president and prevent World War III.

Geoff.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Jaws

After watching the sold-out play The Shark Is Broken, it kinda had to be done!

If you can, I strongly urge watching the play about the relationships of the three actors while making the 1975 classic - in particular Ian Shaw (Robert Shaw's very own son!), who looks and sounds the part to the minutest detail.

Member for

5 years 7 months

Furious 9https://juragan.club/assets/4/o.png

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
The Dark Crystal - 1982 (Via Netflix) I watched this again to get back into the story line for the new series (The Dark Crystal Age Of Resistance) now showing on Netflix. I naturally assumed that the series would pick up from the end of the original film WRONG!!

They have done a Star Wars and the series is a prequel to the original TDC film bringing back some of the original characters. None the less the first episode looks like they are keeping with the Jim Henson ethos, only time will tell just how well it compares to TDC, so long as they don't go woke like so many other series and films nowadays that seem to alter franchise characters and politicising instead of a good storyline .......:cool:

Anyway back to the film TDC it's still a good watch if dated by todays standards and when you consider there are no digital effects or CGI it's still a well made film if your into the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre of film and a great watch for the young IMHO.

Starring:- You can look at the list of star voices but the other stars (The puppeteers) are also named, the list is to long to put on here so visit the link:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Crystal

Jen (Stephen Garlick), raised by the noble race called the Mystics, has been told that he is the last survivor of his own race, the Gelflings. He sets out to try to find a shard of the dark crystal, a powerful gem that once provided balance to the universe. After the crystal was broken, the evil Skeksis used sinister means to gain control. Jen believes that he can repair the dark crystal and bring peace back to the world, if he can only find the remaining shard.

TDC Age Of Resistance trailer for the series below Now available on Netflix.

Geoff.

Member for

20 years 7 months

The Shawshank Redemption

I was utterly gobsmacked to find that my girlfriend had never seen this - and she rather enjoyed it!

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
The Hateful Eight (Via Netflix) One of Tarantinos westerns, a long film at nearly 3Hr's taking place for the most in one location yet it still manages to be entertaining and funny at times. If you enjoy the genre you shouldn't be to disappointed but I will say not your typical western but definitely has that feel and is a definite Tarantino fan must see....:cool:

Starring:- Samuel L. Jackson,Kurt Russell,Jennifer Jason Leigh,Walton Goggins,Demián Bichir,Tim Roth,Michael Madsen,Bruce Dern,James Parks,Dana Gourrier,
Zoë Bell,Lee Horsley,Gene Jones,Keith Jefferson,Craig Stark,Belinda Owino and Channing Tatum.

While racing toward the town of Red Rock in post-Civil War Wyoming, bounty hunter John "The Hangman" Ruth (Kurt Russell) and his fugitive prisoner (Jennifer Jason Leigh) encounter another bounty hunter (Samuel L. Jackson) and a man who claims to be a sheriff. Hoping to find shelter from a blizzard, the group travels to a stagecoach stopover located on a mountain pass. Greeted there by four strangers, the eight travelers soon learn that they may not make it to their destination after all.

Geoff.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Executive Decision

Terrorists take over control of a Boeing 747 on its way to the USA, intent on using it to deliver a huge payload of chemical weapons that have been smuggled into the luggage hold. Kurt Russell assists a team assigned to stop them.

More thriller than action movie, it's a decent enough watch - and definitely worth it to see Steven Seagal's character buy the farm!

Broken Arrow

John Travolta and Christian Slater are two air force pilots assigned to fly a stealth bomber, carrying two nuclear warheads, on an exercise in the desert. Travolta goes rogue and chaos ensues. Early John Woo actioner with some good setpieces.

Member for

11 years 2 months

I enjoyed this low budget drama, the story holds together well until the hunt for Bigfoot then it gets a little weird with a very unrealistic man in a Bigfoot costume ( 60's/70's style special effect's ) :-(

Starring:- Sam Elliott,Aidan Turner,Caitlin FitzGerald, Sean Bridgers,Ron Livingston,Ellar Coltrane,Larry Miller,Rizwan Manji,Mark Steger and Aubrey Hale.

Decades after ending World War II by assassinating Adolf Hitler in an undercover operation, unsung American hero Calvin Barr is called upon by the government to hunt down the fabled Bigfoot, the carrier of a deadly plague that could destroy humanity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkP4bZKCHE8

Geoff.

Member for

17 years 10 months

Saw Downton Abbey film. I liked the TV series and I liked this just as much, if not more.

Member for

20 years 7 months

IT - chapter 1

Highest-grossing horror film of all-time, but couldn't exactly see why.

Will maybe need to give it another watch.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,

I managed to watch a film called Colossal 2016 (Via Netflix) after a lengthy wait,  a little disappointed as I thought it was going to be a Comedy/Sci-Fi  through and through but was more of a drama with comedic elements thrown in every now and then.....?

Starring:-  

Gloria is an out-of-work party girl who leaves New York and moves back to her hometown after getting kicked out of her apartment by her boyfriend. When news reports surface that a giant creature is destroying Seoul, South Korea, Gloria gradually comes to the realization that she is somehow connected to this far-off phenomenon. As events begin to spiral out of control, she must figure out why her seemingly insignificant existence is having such a colossal effect on the fate of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlyFHc5Bsv4

Geoff.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,

Watched  The Boys 1962 (Via Talking pictures channel) good drama with Richard Todd as the main star but featuring some familiar faces from yesteryear as well.

Starring:- Richard Todd,Robert Morley,Dudley Sutton,Ronald Lacey,Tony Garnett Jess Conrad,Felix Aylmer,Wilfrid Brambell,Roy Kinnear,Allan Cuthbertson,Colin Gordon Wensley Pithey,Kenneth J. Warren,Patrick Magee,David Lodge,Mavis Villiers Betty Marsden,Laurence Hardy,Charles Morgan,Carol White,Patrick Newell,Rita WebbTom Chatto,Harold Scott,George Moon,Hilda Fenemore,Lloyd Lamble and Noel Dyson.

Four youths, described frequently as teddy boys, are on trial for the murder of a garage night watchman in the course of a burglary. Witnesses and the accused give differing accounts of the lead-up to the crime, a dispiriting and frustrating evening out in London. Flashbacks of the teenagers' insecure and sometimes alienated lives contrast strongly with the austere legality of the courtroom as, by degrees, the truth emerges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcoFXH_QDo0

Geoff.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,

Watched  classic B/W Sci-Fi The Trollenberg Terror 1958 (Also known as The Crawling Eye - Via the Talking Pictures channel Sky 328).   A somewhat dated by todays standards, the film is typical over acting with cheesy monsters and sets, which are all part of the fun when viewing.....☺️ 

Starring:- Forrest Tucker,Laurence Payne,Jennifer Jayne,Janet Munro Warren Mitchell,Frederick Schiller,Andrew Fauld,Stuart Saunders, Colin Douglas,Derek Sydney,Richard Golding,George Herbert,Anne Sharp,Leslie Heritage,Jeremy Longhurst,Anthony Parker,Theodore Wilhelm,Garard Green and Caroline Claser.

In a small Swiss resort town, sisters Anne (Janet Munro) and Sarah Pilgrim (Jennifer Jayne) are worried by Anne's telepathic sense, which goes haywire. Reporter Philip Truscott (Laurence Payne) and U.N. worker Alan Brooks (Forrest Tucker), who's in the area to investigate unusual radiation levels, also sense something is amiss. It turns out vicious extraterrestrials are living in a radiation cloud in the Alps, brutally killing anyone who comes near and threatening to descend upon the town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un84y-zrGNs

Geoff.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,

Got around to watching 6 Days 2017 (Via Netflix) Funny thing is I enjoyed the film and at times you get the tension the members of the team must have felt at the time the event happened.....?

Also considering how recent a piece of history and my recollection of the event at the time you can appreciate those members of the armed forces who served in WW2  even more and how they can recall certain events during that period of history.

Starring:-

Jamie Bell,Mark Strong,Abbie Cornish,Martin Shaw, Ben Turner,

Emun Elliott, Andrew Grainger,Colin Garlick,Ronan Vibert,

Tim Downie,Matthew Sunderland,Ryan O'Kane,Michael Denkha,

Joel Beckett,Martin Hancock,John Henshaw,Tim Pigott-Smith,

Robert Portal,John Ramm,Jeff Szusterman and JaredTurner.

In April 1980, gunmen storm the Iranian Embassy in London. Highly trained SAS operatives prepare a counterattack, hoping to end the hostage situation in one swift blow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KYroBErj1g

Geoff.