The Last Film You Watched..... IV

Read the forum code of contact

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
The Lost City Of Z 2016 (Via BBCi) Enjoyed this little publicised biopic film an historical drama based on the book of the same name by David Grann, a little piece of UK history that is not very PC in todays climate.......:eagerness:

Starring:- Charlie Hunnam,Robert Pattinson,Edward Ashley,Sienna Miller,Tom Holland as Jack Fawcett,(Bobby Smalldridge as 7-year-old Jack/Tom Mulheron as young Jack Fawcett),Angus Macfadyen,Clive Francis,Ian McDiarmid,Franco Nero,Harry Melling,John Sackville,Adam Bellamy and Daniel Huttlestone.

At the dawn of the 20th century, British explorer Percy Fawcett journeys into the Amazon, where he discovers evidence of a previously unknown, advanced civilization that may have once inhabited the region. Despite being ridiculed by the scientific establishment, which views indigenous populations as savages, the determined Fawcett, supported by his devoted wife, son, and aide-de-camp, returns to his beloved jungle in an attempt to prove his case.

Geoff.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Spider-Man Homecoming 2017 (via Sky Movies.) A good addition to the Marvel universe that is quite funny but just another great view for anybody into the Comic Book Superhero/Sci-Fi genre........:eagerness:

Starring:- Tom Holland,Michael Keaton,Jon Favreau,Zendaya,Donald Glover,Tyne Daly,Marisa Tomei,Robert Downey Jr,Gwyneth Paltrow, Kerry Condon,Chris Evans,Jacob Batalon,Laura Harrier,Tony Revolori,Garcelle Beauvais,Jennifer Connelly,
Hemky Madera,Bokeem Woodbine,Logan Marshall-Green,Michael Chernus,Michael Mando,Christopher Berry,Kenneth Choi,
Hannibal Buress,Martin Starr,Selenis Leyva,Tunde Adebimpe,John Penick,Isabella Amara,Jorge Lendeborg Jr.J. J. Totah,
Abraham Attah,Tiffany Espensen,Angourie Rice,Michael Barbieri,Ethan Dizon,Martha Kelly,Kirk Thatcher,and last but not least Spider-Man co-creator Stan Lee also has a cameo

Thrilled by his experience with the Avengers, young Peter Parker returns home to live with his Aunt May. Under the watchful eye of mentor Tony Stark, Parker starts to embrace his newfound identity as Spider-Man. He also tries to return to his normal daily routine -- distracted by thoughts of proving himself to be more than just a friendly neighborhood superhero. Peter must soon put his powers to the test when the evil Vulture emerges to threaten everything that he holds dear.

Geoff.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
The Shape Of Water 2017 (Via Sky Movies) I enjoyed this Fantasy/Sci-Fi for the most, only one scene did not make sense for me as it just was not needed IMO. None the less an enjoyable experience overall and recommended for the fan of the genre IMHO.....:cool:

Starring:- Sally Hawkins,Michael Shannon,Richard Jenkins,Doug Jones,Michael Stuhlbarg,Octavia Spencer,Michael Stuhlbarg,David HewlettNick Searcy,Stewart Arnott,
Nigel Bennett,Lauren Lee Smith,Martin Roach,Allegra Fulton,John Kapelos and Morgan Kelly.

Elisa is a mute, isolated woman who works as a cleaning lady in a hidden, high-security government laboratory in 1962 Baltimore. Her life changes forever when she discovers the lab's classified secret -- a mysterious, scaled creature from South America that lives in a water tank. As Elisa develops a unique bond with her new friend, she soon learns that its fate and very survival lies in the hands of a hostile government agent and a marine biologist.

Geoff.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Too Many Crooks 1959(Via Talking Pictures Channel/ SKY 328). Classic UK B&W comedy leading role for Terry Thomas's in his usual roguish character, along with early roles for recognisable star's of they're own TV series and the famed Carry On films of yesteryear. If your into this particular genre you'll like this and it's still a good laugh in my book.....:cool:

Starring:- Terry-Thomas,George Cole,Brenda De Banzie,Bernard Bresslaw,Sidney James,Vera Day,Delphi Lawrence,John Le Mesurier,Sydney Tafler,Rosalie Ashley Nicholas Parsons,Terry Scott,Vilma Ann Leslie,Edie Martin,Tutte Lemkow,John Stuart,Joe Melia,Arthur Brough,Sam Kydd and Howard Pays.

Fingers (George Cole) and his gang of incompetent crooks try to rob the rich Bill Gordon (Terry-Thomas), but they come up empty-handed. Undeterred by the failure, Fingers plots to kidnap Gordon's daughter and hold her for ransom. But they can't even get that right, and instead they abduct Gordon's wife, Lucy (Brenda De Banzie), by mistake. Shockingly enough, Gordon is happy to be rid of his spouse, and ignores the ransom demands, so Lucy works with the gang to plot revenge.

Geoff.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Triple Frontier 2019 (Via Netflix) I really enjoyed this action flick with a host of modern TV and Film stars acting well together that has the possibility of a sequel ? If you like this genre of film that has a decent storyline as well as action when needed then this for you.......:cool:

Starring:- Ben Affleck,Oscar Isaac,Charlie Hunnam,Garrett Hedlund,Pedro Pascal,Adria Arjona,Louis Rodriguez,Juan Camilo Castillo, Reynaldo Gallegos,Madeline Wary and Michael Benjamin Hernandez.

Former Special Forces operatives reunite to plan a heist in a sparsely populated multi-border zone of South America. For the first time in their prestigious careers, these unsung heroes undertake this dangerous mission for themselves instead of the country. But when events take an unexpected turn and threaten to spiral out of control, their skills, their loyalties, and their morals are pushed to a breaking point in an epic battle for survival.

Geoff.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
I have watched two films within days of each other one via Netflix the other Sky Cinema. Both are of the Sci-Fi genre one not as good as the trailer makes but is a good storyline as far as the drama goes and the other quite good that has a good twist at the end along with good drama and action sequences..

Annihilation 2018, I had wanted to watch this for a while as the trailer hinted at a good storyline, it has some good SFX and the storyline is quite good but needed a couple more action sequences to enhance the film IMPO. All that said it is still worth a gander if you like the Sci-Fi genre as at the end of the day I enjoyed watching.....;)

Starring:- Natalie Portman,Jennifer Jason Leigh,Gina Rodriguez,Tessa Thompson,Tuva Novotny,Oscar Isaac,Benedict Wong,Sonoya Mizuno and David Gyasi.

The story follows a group of scientists who enter "The Shimmer", a mysterious quarantined zone of mutating plants and animals.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upgrade 2018 Another film that was well worth waiting to watch, if you like Action/Sci-Fi then this is for you a low budget film that hit's the ball out of the park for me personally I thoroughly enjoyed this film that like I say has a good twist at the end......:cool:

Starring:-Logan Marshall-Green,Betty Gabriel,Harrison Gilbertson,Melanie Vallejo,Benedict Hardie,Linda Cropper,Simon Maiden,
Christopher Kirby,Clayton Jacobson,Sachin Joab,Michael M. Foster,Richard Cawthorne and Kai Bradley.

A brutal mugging leaves Grey Trace paralyzed in the hospital and his beloved wife dead. A billionaire inventor soon offers Trace a cure -- an artificial intelligence implant called STEM that will enhance his body. Now able to walk, Grey finds that he also has superhuman strength and agility -- skills he uses to seek revenge against the thugs who destroyed his life.

At the end of the day you either like or dislike films as everybody has different tastes and expectations which is what it is all about........:eagerness:

Geoff.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Operation Avalanche 2016 (Via BBCi - Available until 03/06). I enjoyed this conspiracy theory found footage type of thriller film. Based on the premise the moon landing was faked conspiracy and if it was how it could have been faked by the CIA, if your into your Sci-Fi/Thriller/Drama then this is for you. It also shows with just a bit of imagination and great SFX (Nasa control room footage including actors as an example!) how a low budget film can be made well under the mega millions that other films waste...........:cool:

Starring:- Matt Johnson,Owen Williams,Andy Appelle,Jared Raab,Josh Boles,Ray James and Sharon Belle.

Two CIA agents, part of the Agency’s (then) small Audio Visual (AV) Department, infiltrate NASA to expose a potential mole working for the Soviet Union. There, they find that NASA has kept its inability to reach the 1969 deadline for the Apollo 11 Moon landing a secret, with a plan to cover the problem by shooting down the Apollo 11 capsule (killing the real astronauts) and blaming the Soviets. When the young agents learn that the Moon mission can execute everything but the lunar landing itself, they become involved in a plot to use their AV skills to fake the landing portion. As their operation continues to a successful conclusion, the team becomes increasingly paranoid that they are being watched, by either the mole or by the CIA itself. As the Apollo 11 mission nears, the team buries copies of what becomes the found footage in a verdant rural field.

Geoff.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Last Breath 2019 (Via BBCi - Available until 26/06) A fascinating look into the dangerous world of Saturation Diving in the North Sea during one particular incident. This true life documentary brings together some acted scenes and actual filmed footage, a story that is quite unbelievable for all involved let alone traumatic with lingering memories for all involved and is highly recommended.....:cool:

Starring:- Duncan Allcock - Himself/Bellman, Kjetil Ove Alstad - Himself/Chief Engineer, Stuart Anderson - Himself,
Glenn Brunskill - Himself/Life Support Supervisor, Michal Cichorski - Himself/Dynamic Positioning Officer,
Fillipo De Felippi - Himself/DPO, Craig Frederick - Himself/Dive Supervisor, Jan Geelmuyden - Himself/Captain
Robert Goodwin - Craig Frederick, Chris Lemons - Himself/Saturation Diver.1, Kenny Martin - Dave Yuasa,
Morag Martin - Hersself/Chris Lemons Fiance, Frode Peder Natvik - Himself/Chief Officer, Franklin Parkinson - Child,Poppy Rogers - Child,
Lassese Segsveen - Himself/Ships Electrician, Aleksander Vatnehol - Himself First Engineer,
Keving Whyte - ROV Pilot, Przemyslaw Wiittig - Himself/First Officer and Dave Yassua - Himself/Saturation Diver 2.

A diver is stranded on bottom of the North Sea with only five minutes of oxygen and no chance of rescue for at least thirty minutes. The original participants deliver emotional first-hand accounts of an incident which changed their lives.

Geoff.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Well I say that tongue in cheek looks like I am the only poster for a while......:p

Skyline Beyond 2017 (Via Netflix) Mixed feelings about this Sci-Fi to be honest, I would have preferred a true sequel to the low budget original that was a true sleeper and quite frankly did rather show up some of the other big budget SFX movies at the time of release. This film sort of carries on from the ending of the original (Minus the original film survivors on board the alien ship actors) then turns into a bit of a martial arts fest towards the end. IMPO the film loses it's way but the ending does sort give a glimpse of a third instalment to come ? ? which looks to be quite a good one if they stick to the original source storyline and don't introduce aliens that are martial arts experts, a bit of advice watch until the credits a few funny outtakes.....;)

Starring:- Frank Grillo,Bojana Novakovic,Jonny Weston,Callan Mulvey,Antonio Fargas,Yayan Ruhian,Pamelyn Chee,Jacob Vargas,
Iko Uwais,Lindsey Morgan,Samantha Jean,Betty Gabriel and Tony Black

Detective Mark Corley storms his way onto an alien spaceship to rescue his estranged son. When the ship crashes in Southeast Asia, he forges an alliance with a band of survivors to take back the planet once and for all.

Geoff.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All ?

Spectral 2016 (Via Netflix) ASs an Netflix original film this excellent IMO Sci-Fi/War film keeps you hooked to the end and for it running time of 1Hr-48mins it passes quickly and could easily be re-watched IMHO. Well recommended especially for the Sci-Fi fan, as well as being a good take your brain out and watch escapism entertainment..........:cool:

Starring:- James Badge Dale,EmilyMortimer,Bruce Greenwood,Max,Martini,Clayne Crawford,Cory Hardrict,Louis Ozawa Changchien,Jimmy Akingbola,Dylan Smith, and
Philip Bulcock.

A sci-fi/thriller story centered on a special-ops team that is dispatched to fight supernatural beings.

Geoff.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
What We Do In The Shadows 2014 ( Via BBCi Available until - 16/7/2019 ). Not as funny as the recently ended tv series that was devised from this film, none the less this Comic/Horror film is amusing in places just a watch and forget film if you need cheering up.

Starring:- Taika Waititi,Jemaine Clement,Jonathan Brugh,Ben Fransham,Cori Gonzalez,Stu Rutherford,Jackie van Beek,Rhys Darby,Ethel Robinson,Elena Stejko,Karen O'Leary and Mike Minogue.

Flatmates Viago, Deacon and Vladislav are three vampires who are just trying to get by in modern society; from paying rent, doing the housework to trying to get invited in to nightclubs, they're just like anyone else - except they're immortal and must feast on human blood.

Geoff.

Member for

19 years 1 month

Somebody posted this on Pprune - quite a good film which I watched some years ago... can't believe it was made so long ago now ...

Slight thread drift but some kind soul has uploaded - Nebeští jezdci (Riders in The Sky) to youtube - a 1968 Chech film about a (mostly) Czech/Slovak Wellington crew,quite a good film and quite cleverly made - most of the sets look fairly authentic as do uniforms etc.Some of the ground/taxying shots use a converted Lisunov Li 2 (DC3 copy) - a fairly convincing Wellington replica.The film also uses some Wellington documentary footage.
I had not seen this film for years

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
The Cloverfield Paradox 2018 (Via Netflix) The third instalment of this franchise. I always enjoy Sci-Fi/Fantasy films as generally they are a good way to escape real life, ideal for forgetting about the worlds problems and concentrating on myself before reality sets back in. If your like me you take the rough with the smooth but have to admit there are some stinkers out there, in this movie though I am happy to say that the film keeps going right from the off and keeps you hooked to the end IMHO, the trouble is these genres are not to everybody's liking so it really comes down to the fans and this will keep them happy.....:cool:

Starring:- Gugu Mbatha-Raw,David Oyelowo,Daniel Brühl,John Ortiz,Chris O'Dowd,Aksel Hennie,Zhang Ziyi,Elizabeth Debicki,
Roger Davies,Clover Nee,Donal Logue,Suzanne Cryer also Simon Pegg and Greg Grunberg
(Voice Characters)

Orbiting above an Earth on the brink of catastrophic energy wars, scientists test a dangerous device that could provide unlimited power but also runs the risk of creating a terrifying paradox, leaving them face-to-face with a dark alternate reality.

Geoff.

Member for

5 years 2 months

The Train Robbers with John Wayne, Ann Margaret, Ben Johnson and Rod Taylor. My former neighbor was visiting and when he saw that I had the DVD he had to watch it. I gave him the DVD to keep because I'm getting rid of some old ones and that goes back to the 60s.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
The Highwaymen 2019 via Netflix, an excellent retelling of the Bonnie and Clyde story from the point of the police, with some funny back and forth moments between Costner and Harrelson, well recommended IMHO...........:cool:

Starring:- Kevin Costner,Woody Harrelson,Kathy Bates,John Carroll Lynch,Thomas Mann,Dean Denton,Kim Dickens,William Sadler,
W. Earl Brown,David Furr,ason Davis,Josh Caras,David Born,Brian F. Durkin,Emily Brobst and Edward Bossert.

Former Texas Rangers Frank Hamer and Maney Gault join forces to try and capture notorious outlaws Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow.

Geoff.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Aliens

James Cameron's classic 1986 sci-fi actioner is still a kick-ass thrill ride, even 36 years later!

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Daz Great choice after that things went a bit pear shaped loosing it's way a little and the franchise and has never really gotten back on it's true track though that doesn't mean the other films are not good in their own right just never carried on from Aliens as a storyline IMPO.....:rolleyes: Also from what reviews I have seen and other titbits that are given out on youtube the next instalment is an SJW fest rather than using the returning characters to they're full potential allegedly....:confused: Still it's all up to the viewer in the end like or not like simple.

Anyway watched a good Drama called Wind River 2017 (Via Netflix) Based on true events it is just a good movie to watch from start to end and well recommended.....:cool:

Cory Lambert is a wildlife officer who finds the body of an 18-year-old woman on an American Indian reservation in snowy Wyoming. When the autopsy reveals that she was raped, FBI agent Jane Banner arrives to investigate. Teaming up with Lambert as a guide, the duo soon find that their lives are in danger while trying to solve the mystery of the teen's death.

Geoff.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Top Gun

Don't think I need to say any more, except that I can't wait for the new one to come out!

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Daz with you there matey...:eagerness:

The Wandering Earth 2019 (Via Netflix), an Chinese/English Dubbed Sci-Fi. If you can get past the video game style CGI at times then all in all it's enjoyable film and well recommended IMHO, and at over 2Hr's long keeps going until the end......:cool:

When the sun dies out, the people of Earth build giant thrusters to move the planet out of orbit and sail to a new star system. After 2,500 years, young people continue the fight for everyone's survival.

Geoff.