The Last Film You Watched..... IV

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

11 years 6 months

A Single Man - Tom Ford's first film and a highly assured debut with Colin Firth, Susan Sarandon and Matthew Forde.

Member for

13 years 10 months

Das Boot, Great submariner film during WW2. Must have been terrible being depth charged and hunted.
10/10

Member for

11 years 6 months

I will emphatically second that! Have you just seen it again? And the TV series which followed maintained the quality.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Django Unchained

Second time around. Liked it better, but still strangely "meh" about it.

Member for

18 years 10 months

JAWS

On ITV4 last night - and I had the opportunity to introduce it to someone for the first time!!! She thought it was "OK"....!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

She was only 3 :p

Member for

20 years 8 months

She was 30, and she is now my ex. Clearly her idea of "the greatest movie ever made" differs wildly from mine! :p

Member for

11 years 6 months

Greatest film of all time??!! Sorry to be contentious and side with your ex, Daz, but I'd have to agree with her "OK". I saw it well after its initial release and found its hype far exceeded the film itself. As is often the case with Spielberg films. His first ever film, The Duel, was, for me one of his best before he got sucked in to being big, brash and mawkish.

Member for

14 years 1 month

The Girl with the Dragon tattoo on at 10:55 tonight. Film4 (30th Sept)
Brilliant film if you haven't seen it. First of the Larsson trilogy of films.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Pitch Perfect

Basically a big budget version of Glee. A lot better, too.

Member for

15 years 1 month

Flight with Denzel Washington.

Member for

13 years 10 months

Memphis Belle........Yes I know, "Oh not again" but it does give you an idea as to the courage those young Yanks had, in their daylight bombing raids. As with our chaps, so young, guess you had to grow up quick in those days.
10/10

Jim.
Lincoln .7

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Coogans Bluff - and Hang them High- Clint Eastwood

Geoff.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Star Trek Into Darkness

Really rather decent follow-up to the belting 2009 origin story. Must admit, these two films are making me want to watch the originals...!

Hanna

Genetically-modified teenager turned CIA-trained killer goes on the run, with Cate Blanchett trying to track her down. Decent enough wee thriller.

Member for

19 years 2 months

Went to the wonderful 1916 built Cinema in Uckfield last night to see Blue Jasmine...we all had a great laugh at it...nice film - great casting !!

Member for

11 years 6 months

Good to hear - Woody back to his best apparently! Going next week. Saw About Schmidt - Jack Nicholson. Very good indeed with an excellent understated performance from Jack around whom the film revolves.

Member for

13 years 10 months

Battle of the Bulge, Good film, the Yanks won, but don't they always?. :D
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

19 years 2 months

Back in the lovely little cinema in Uckfield last night where we saw RUSH - the Niki Lauda/James Hunt film - it was a really good film and I was amused to find that I recognised the internal roof structure of the Hangar where James and Niki were chatting in front of the bizjets....
It is a T2 hangar with extra internal bracing and is the eastern T2 at Dunsfold where I worked for a while on the night shift on Sea Harrier/T4 new builds

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv316/volvosmoker/DSCF0674.jpg

Member for

13 years

Battle of the Bulge, Good film, the Yanks won, but don't they always?. :D
Jim.
Lincoln .7

General Vo Nguyen Giap might not have agreed with you:D

Member for

14 years 1 month

Watched "The Adjustment Bureau", not a bad film, a little different from the norm.
Recording the last in the Larsson millennium trilogy tonight... "The girl who kicked a hornets nest". I've seen it before but
it's a brilliant film.

Member for

13 years 10 months

"Full metal Jacket" sure as hell won't be watching it a second time round.
2/10
Jim.
Lincoln .7