11 Billion, and still counting.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years

£443m on creation of Government bodies to oversee Olympics?!!!

I'd love to see a breakdown of that particular figure :diablo:

Member for

17 years 6 months

What about the ‘admin’ cost for the +£700billion the government spends every year? ;)

Member for

13 years 10 months

I wonder what would happen if the General Public got to know where EVERY PENNY was spent on, the whole shibang;) in this Country, let alone what goes abroad
Jim.

Lincoln .7

Member for

13 years

The cost of the Games is irrelevant. It could be 100 billion - any size of billion. How so? We simply print the money to pay for it, exactly as we do for everything else.

This business of printing, like a Labrador's appetite, knows no limits. It will go on, not just in this country, but worldwide, until someone breaks rank and says in effect: "I'm not taking your currency in payment; it's worthless" then duck and run for cover.

So chaps, save your breath and just pray that you're not around when comes the financial Apocalypse.

John Green

Member for

17 years 6 months

I hope you’re not including the stuff I print in my shed? Ooops! :o

Member for

12 years 9 months

I have the greatest faith in the Gold bars I have stashed in my........forget it !!

Member for

13 years 10 months

My Gob, is well and truly smacked :eek: Today, I went up town to try and get an Olympic Games flag to fly, as the footie has now ended, I thought I would support Team G.B. and replace my England flag.

My local Bakery had one, in their window, when it was visited by Trading Standards, and told they had to take it down, as they had not compiled with the rules. It would appear, you have to have so much space in the shop, (It was in the window) fill in God knows how many forms and apply for permission, or face a hefty fine, or even Prison.
It appears, that the organisers have a monopoly on the sales of these flage, and can only purchase them from these organisers.
They are also having a crack down on ebay sellers who are selling them on ebay.There is not a single Olympic flag flying in my area.
All the showing of the torch throughout the Country, and they expect the General Public to support the games. Yeh, right.:p well, I am still going to try and get one, Once a rebel, always a rebel,(Victor Meldrew, 2012).

Jim.

Lincoln .7

Member for

14 years

The money doesn't disappear.

Unless it was spent with foreign contractors it will have provided business for UK suppliers, jobs, income.

All of which are taxed, so a large proportion of it comes back to the treasury.

The faster money circulates the better.

I am not even remotely interested in the Games. But they cannot be a bad thing for the economy long-term.

Moggy

101% unemployment would have been a lot worse without it as it not only covers construction jobs but also all the spin off unseen jobs builders spending in cafes , drivers delivering goods , companies making those goods , printers , tailors for suits uniforms etc ,public transport etc etc not only that but we have to considder how many will attend then whilst here will go on to other destinations in the uk spending whilst here !!

people only ever seem to factor in what is spent and got back on site and rarely factor the almost double sattelite spin off employment that can even if only small can mean the difrence between a company staying open or closing !!

Member for

14 years

My Gob, is well and truly smacked :eek: Today, I went up town to try and get an Olympic Games flag to fly, as the footie has now ended, I thought I would support Team G.B. and replace my England flag.

My local Bakery had one, in their window, when it was visited by Trading Standards, and told they had to take it down, as they had not compiled with the rules. It would appear, you have to have so much space in the shop, (It was in the window) fill in God knows how many forms and apply for permission, or face a hefty fine, or even Prison.
It appears, that the organisers have a monopoly on the sales of these flage, and can only purchase them from these organisers.
They are also having a crack down on ebay sellers who are selling them on ebay.There is not a single Olympic flag flying in my area.
All the showing of the torch throughout the Country, and they expect the General Public to support the games. Yeh, right.:p well, I am still going to try and get one, Once a rebel, always a rebel,(Victor Meldrew, 2012).

Jim.

Lincoln .7

whilst agreeing in sentiment , why shouldn't they ??? why should they put up with one man and his dog using counterfiet goods over ebay et all when it is them that have to recoup monies spent on the games from an official logo product

it is a hard battle against counterfeit goods and they have to safeguard thier vast investment

Member for

13 years 10 months

T64, Firstly, welcome back,:diablo: I agree, but for folks like me who want to show their support, why didn't the organisers say this sooner they have had what? 7 yrs to inform the public, it is against Trading Standards and the organisers rules re the flags.

Just watched the torch go through my town, I have never seen so many Police in my life, some from Cambs, Norfolk, but the largest amount came from the Met, over 100 miles away.
Oh, I forgot to mention, they are going to close our nick.:eek: as we are on the boarder of Cambs and Norfolk, crime is going to go through the roof.
Jim.

Lincoln .7

Member for

15 years

, crime is going to go through the roof.

Take the lead off, first, and they'll leave it alone.

Member for

13 years 10 months

Nice one, Like it:D

Jim.

Lincoln .7

Member for

15 years 9 months

Plenty of copper to steal inside a police station

Member for

15 years

Plenty of copper to steal inside a police station

But, according to you, it's all sub-standard.

Member for

15 years 9 months

But, according to you, it's all sub-standard.

The copper is fine, the circuit layout could do with being redesigned though :cool: