"joke" reviews on Amazon

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 8 months

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Barrettine-Methylated-Spirit-500ml/dp/B002ATI4VG/ref=cm_sw_em_r_dp_nRz8qb1DTTK0X_lm

I'm seeing more and more of these...... some are very funny indeed.

"From the moment you remove the cap you realise you're in for a treat. Fresh, bright, smoky, with a mineral edge and rounded, fruity nose. Midweight and bold, possessing some edge and no little bite, yet remaining smooth, balanced and satisfying. This is a drink to enjoy with friends in a park. Highly recommended. "

Original post

Member for

11 years 9 months

Ha! That meths review wasn't a one-off. It seems every review has some reference to drinking it :D

"I thought I had mastered responsible drinking, until that is, I woke up in hospital 2 weeks after hosting my first (and last) Barrettine Methylated Spirit shots party. I don't know if it was the number of forfeits that broke me or if it was the sixteen pints of Barrettine shandy, but when I eventually collapsed face-first onto a tealight it took three buckets of sand and the garden hose to put me out."

I also liked the one that combines the two...

"Disappointing product. I bought this mobile phone style flask as a more discrete way of transporting my Barrettine Methylated Spirit drink to the office. Unfortunately as a receptacle it falls a little short, failing as it does to swallow the full 250ml of purple nectar I need to get me through the daily grind"