Anyone been to Madrid?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 2 months

Hi all,

I'm about to go to Madrid in about 3 weeks time to go training with a company, if I pass the training, I'll then be employed as an English teacher in Madrid.

I was wondering if anyone has been to Madrid before?

Plus a few airline related questions:

1. Is Heathrow T5 deadly confusing?

2. What are BA like?

3. What are IB like?

4. Is MAD confusing?

This is going to be the first time that I've flown a domestic flight, flown from Heathrow or Madrid and flown with BA or IB

Original post

Member for

11 years 5 months

Yes, but many years ago. A beautiful city - and if you like art the Prado is worth the trip on its own. As you might be living there I imagine it is like most European capitals although what effect Spain's economic woes have had I would not know.

Can't help with airlines though....IB is BA isn't it...??

Member for

18 years 9 months

Good luck!

Baz

Member for

11 years 8 months

I went there last summer. The first thing you'll notice are the beggars; forever rattling their aluminium cans at you. You're practically followed down the streets by enthusiastic shakers walking beside you (best to just say no and move on, if you gave to everyone you'll be broke by the end of trip).

Other than that small (or rather large) niggle, it's a really nice city. The grass is always green in the parks, the parrots sing and there's a really nice buzz at the commuter links.

Barajas is a very easy airport to navigate around, but if you do have any problems 9 times out of 10 the airport staff will speak English so you can ask them.

Member for

12 years 11 months

heslop01

I'll hold your hand tightly.

Member for

11 years 5 months

Will you indeed? - well, Heslop, there's an offer not be turned down!!;)

Member for

18 years 2 months

I would accept but it's time for me to be a "big boy" now ;)

Thanks for all the comments and if any rattler follows me down the street, i'll just tell the sod where to stick it.

It sounds like a lovely city but sadly i'll be doing training and teaching everyday from 9:00am - 6:00pm then I have "homework" being set every night which should (and I quote my email) " last for 4 hours plus " ... fun ... :rolleyes:

Member for

11 years 5 months

Weekends...?? If not it sounds like slavery!:)

Member for

18 years 2 months

The first week itself is training everyday, weekend included, you then get told if you've passed onto the 2nd week of training, despite being told to book flights/hotels etc for 2 weeks anyway ... if it goes pear shaped for me, the 2nd week i'll explore Madrid and if I move there, I'll definitely make time for exploring

Member for

11 years 5 months

Sounds good to me. I hope you make it. Buena suerte!:)

Member for

18 years 2 months

muchas gracias =)