Sharia law vigilantes on our streets

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

11 years 6 months

Not by everyone by any means! But that was another time and another problem. But you are implying that in 2013 the same problem is manifesting itself in a different form. I think you are right -it is in some areas. This thread is infringing the territory of a similar thread a few weeks ago.

Member for

14 years 2 months

Islam and the capitalist Christian west are on a collision course - another Crusade started with the Gulf War, and can only escalate the more nations we interfere with.
I wonder which side the British Muslim community will take up when the shi'ite really hits the fan?
What jubilation we experienced when the Arab Spring began. Democracy in action, we said - until Islamic fundamentalist parties won the elections. Oh - that wasn't supposed to happen...

Member for

11 years 6 months

Oh - that wasn't supposed to happen...

Indeed it was not!!

Member for

15 years 4 months

24 posts for a wind up?

Member for

20 years 6 months

Well I'm quite in favour myself.
If the intention is to drive the sort of sh*t off the night time streets that their handbill (pictured) shows, then I'm very in favour.
They can come round here and sort out Luton and Dunstable starting Friday night.
It'd be nice if people of my age (fifty) could walk out to a cinema or restaurant with a feeling of safety of an evening--without some nasty little f*ckwit stoked up on booze and drugs causing grief.
Let's face it, the Police have failed, the authorities have failed and we've failed. I don't blame people for taking the law into their own hands. I don't care what religion/race they are--if they're cleaning up the streets, they get my vote.
Unless of course you lot can't hack the thought that the hated ****/wog/rag-head (please delete title as applicable to suit your own personal prejudice) is more proactive than you are.
As ever, I remain non-aligned.
Andy

Member for

11 years 6 months

I wholly agree with your sentiments, Andy, but ghettoes and "no-go areas" are the last thing we need. What we need is proper trained policmen on regular beats and in numbers, ready to act without wondering if they are allowed to under H&E resatrictrions. We do not want policemen sitting on their backsides pushing pieces of paper around from desk to desk.

Member for

20 years 6 months

Charlie me darlin'.
What I actually think what we need is a society where people seem able to respect one another and have the desire to go about their lawful business without threat from anyone.
Sadly, we are a long way from that these days.
We're an unhappy little island--my guess is that being crowded together and isolated on this ghastly little pellet of land makes us all fractious.
Up until recently, my sister lived near La Rochelle.
I could happily go out in the streets there on a Saturday night for a bite and a drink without the sort of scenes you see in almost any British town on a weekend evening these days. And La Rochelle isn't alone, it seems universal on the continent. I'm not naive enough to say that Europe is some kind of utopia because it isn't--parts of Paris can be a bit dodgy but....

They seem to retained something we have lost--Respect--is it..??

My own view is that these Shariah people are just filling in a vacuum left by the proper authorites and the fact that the rest of us have voted in successive governments with a creed of personal greed over any form of morality.
Welcome to Britain 2013.

Maybe we should all mobilise and go and clean the sh*t (both physical and metaphorical) off the streets.

Member for

11 years 6 months

Andy

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes!!

I lived in France for a few years and although it has many faults ( which country does not ) life in both towns and small communities reminded me of my years growing up here in the 50s.

Our society has become fragmented and I believe that the laissez-faire attitude to the family unit has had a strong negative effect on much of our way of life. I think we have more broken families, more single parent families and a higher divorce rate than any other European country.

It has to be said that France has as much social tension due to the high rate of Muslim immigration as we do.

Member for

13 years 10 months

[QUOTE=Andy in Beds;1980358]Well I'm quite in favour myself.
If the intention is to drive the sort of sh*t off the night time streets that their handbill (pictured) shows, then I'm very in favour.
They can come round here and sort out Luton and Dunstable starting Friday night.
It'd be nice if people of my age (fifty) could walk out to a cinema or restaurant with a feeling of safety of an evening--without some nasty little f*ckwit stoked up on booze and drugs causing grief.
Let's face it, the Police have failed, the authorities have failed and we've failed. I don't blame people for taking the law into their own hands. I don't care what religion/race they are--if they're cleaning up the streets, they get my vote.

What we need are an army of Charles Bronsons.....:D However Andy, I do agree, "They" have lost the plo(D)t, there are NO GO areas in London, where even the Police dare not go, and that's from the head Comissioners words, not mine.I wish the days would come back, when you could leave your front door unlocked, go to work, come home, and things were just as you left them.
Wishful thinking I know. I agree also, respect has seemingly gone from our society, from top to bottom.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

18 years 3 months

Okay, so firstly I'm not taking sides, but I know that this is of course a difficult situation. I am a teacher of English to foreign speakers but I don't want you all to think i'm taking sides, i'm merely wanting to use this as a "rant" of experiences.

Last year I got called names and spat at on the Metro (in Newcastle) by a man who seen me sitting with my friend from University who happened to be Arab of Lebanese descent, at what point did I cause a problem to this man? Who then found it acceptable to spit at me and call me a "traitor" because I was with someone who despite being from an Arabic country, she doesn't follow Islam, dresses in "normal" clothing and doesn't even wear a headscarf, yet I was still a "traitor" .

As I said, I understand the frustration, but at the same time - people put every single Muslim person into one "pot" - you can't paint everyone with the same brush - not every single Muslim person is what people say they are and I personally think it's because of the media showing them as they do.
A lot of Islamic people I know are disheartened about the Shariah Law in London and they think it is a terrible situation and is something that should be looked upon and changed because they personally think that the most important rule is to adapt yourself to the culture of the country that you decided to live in - using my friends as examples - all of the people I know who follow Islam speak English fluently, took the official examinations for British English (which in this situation for non-natives is called IELTS) and have gone on to do GCSEs, A-Levels (some onto university) and give money to UK Charities more than international charities and only ever speak Arabic when at home, even their parents who came to the UK will speak English when out of the house.

I've only ever seen the Burkha once in Newcastle too and we have a lot of people here from Arab descent.

Member for

11 years 6 months

A lot of Islamic people I know are disheartened about the Shariah Law in London and they think it is a terrible situation and is something that should be looked upon and changed because they personally think that the most important rule is to adapt yourself to the culture of the country that you decided to live in

Exactly my experience too, Heslop and the only valid attitude acceptable when emigrating to another country. Multiculturalism does not always work!

Member for

13 years 10 months

Exactly, When in Rome, etc. I don't like seeing the full face covering Burkha?, you just don't know what's underneath it.
Should we ban it, as it has been in France?.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

11 years 6 months

In a word, yes.

Member for

15 years

One abiding memory, I have, is of my mother slapping my hand away, if it was over my mouth, telling me that it's rude to cover your mouth while speaking.

Member for

13 years 10 months

Whilst on the subject of Burkhas, anyone know how well it has gone in France, since the ban was imposed?.

Jim.

Lincoln .7

Member for

13 years 10 months

One abiding memory, I have, is of my mother slapping my hand away, if it was over my mouth, telling me that it's rude to cover your mouth while speaking.

Ahhh, Long gone are the days when manners were in vogue.You can't even give your kids a clip around the ear these days, just in case they phone up Childline :rolleyes:

Jim.

Lincoln .7

Member for

11 years 9 months

As I understand it, you're not allowed to wear motorcycle helmets when walking into banking institutions so your face can be picked up on CCTV (should you decide to rob the place).

What's the difference between wearing a blacked out visor helmet and a Burkha with regard to CCTV facial pick-up?

Member for

13 years 10 months

Are you telling me you actually know a Bank worth ROBBING? :eek: I had to give my Bank, TSB 2 days notice to draw £**** out, and was told they didn't carry that amount at the branch.:rolleyes:
For some reason, I went straight into Victor Meldrew mode.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

13 years

heslop01 when Asian men stop spitting in the street I might agree with you.TB was wiped out in this country until we became multiculteral.

Jim I am with Santander which is a building society I can draw only £500 from a branch plus another £200 a day from a cashpoint but ue my debit card as much as I like. If I want more than £500 in cash I have to give one days notice then I can have what I like funds permitting!

Member for

13 years 10 months

Hi Paul, I get your drift, but when you think, it's YOUR money, be it Pension, Savings or monthly wages, surly they should be able to give you your money, without having to make you wait two days.What if it's a Friday, and you live in a small town such as I do, and food etc, or a car repair needs paying for, plus a multitude of other things?.

Many yrs ago, I was with Barclays, I was on holiday in Cornwall, and saw a boat I wanted, I phoned the Manager of the Bank up,(Back home) who was also a very friendly chap, told him I wanted a Loan to buy the boat, and he stated to go ahead, the money was in my account almost straight away, and the Loan papers were duly signed when I came back home.
Now, the very same Branch, has no Manager at all,and also, no way could that happen nowadays.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Sorry for thread drift.