Interesting News Snippets

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 11 months

Well, wasn't that a good day for our hero ? I though that Nigel socked it to young Cleggy. The killer punch came with the Euro volley. Oh dear ! Cleggy was a bit stumped. All in all a good winning debate for UKIP.

Another item from the news caught my eye. It seems the British are not too keen on actually doing any exercise but prefer instead to advise others !!

This is from a Europe wide study of our near neighbours the Dutch, Norwegians, Swedes and Danish. 35% of British surveyed said that they did not acitvely participate in either sport or exercise compared with a Europe average of 42%. However 39% (44%) in the Irish Republic said that they to turn out and encourage and coach others.

Nearly 28,000 people were surveyed as to their activity regime. &4% of young men as opposed to just 55% of young women engage in sporting activity. Tho' judged by some stats, I'm led to believe that there is one 'sporting activity' that enjoys an equal percentage among the young of both sexes.

Member for

13 years 9 months

And not only those/that thing enjoyed by "the young", a (92 yrs old Chinese woman is divorcing her husband, who cannot perform, (I have sent her MY phone number.........:highly_amused:)
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

20 years 6 months

I get the impression that everyday keeping fit is almost gone,by that i mean walking anywhere ,cycling if it is more than a reasonable walking distance.
However i also think that the people who do deliberately exercise and look after themselves do so to a higher standard.
When i started work 35 years ago people of my age now seemed older-most smoked ,drank heavily and didn't really do much exercise,now people of my age seem to keep fitter,eat better [maybe more information around] .Apparently cigarettes were sold many years ago because they were healthy and cleared the passages--mmmm.

Member for

13 years 9 months

From one Chum to another Gary, last time I saw you, you looked pretty fit to me.....................:love-struck:, (that'l get em talking!!!!).
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

12 years 11 months

Well, to-day's the day chaps. It is what many of us blokes have been agitating for but, not me personally. The politicians have indulged us with a huge social revolution - we can now marry each other - legally.

It is certainly a step in the right direction for population control. Maybe that's what's intended.

Jim or Charlie - I'm not fussed, if Mrs G steps aside, I could be available !

Member for

11 years 5 months

Sounds more like Jim and Gary to me.....;)

Member for

20 years 6 months

I think my missus might just have something to say about that :highly_amused: And Jim's has applied to a 92 year old chinese lady i believe :)

Actually whether gay people marry or not won't make a jot of difference to the population,if they sleep together married or not then the childbirth rate wont alter.

For the record my daughter can't wait to be a bridesmaid [or the equivalent] if our gay friends get married,a wonderful couple and a damn sight happier than a lot of "normal " couples.

Member for

12 years 11 months

Re 48

Something a bit awry with your calculations Trump. If lots of blokes marry lots of blokes there are lots less for procreation. Me and Jim, and possibly one or two others can take up a bit of the slack - if you'll pardon the expression but, I reckon we'll be doing a lot of overtime.

Member for

12 years 11 months

Can we hear from anyone who has done some conscious un-coupling ? I have been tasked to make some enquiries and possibly conduct some experimentation to check as to whether there could be any lasting mental or physical trauma.

If you have consciously un-coupled or attempted to do so with dire results would you be kind enough to contact the Conscious Un-coupling Registration Exchange formenly known as the Conscious Un-coupling Network Team with evidence of any lasting damage.

The evidence so far collated, indicates an attack of pretentious twaddle often accompanies the practice of conscious un-coupling. Only certain sections of society such as show business luvvies seem to be affected all tho' we have evidence that it is spreadng.

We would be pleased to hear about even the mildest form of conscious un-coupling which we know is related to a medical condition called 'formerly joined at the hip'.

Member for

20 years 6 months

Re 48

Something a bit awry with your calculations Trump. If lots of blokes marry lots of blokes there are lots less for procreation. Me and Jim, and possibly one or two others can take up a bit of the slack - if you'll pardon the expression but, I reckon we'll be doing a lot of overtime.

:love-struck: LOL, i think you misunderstand what i meant to say or probably more realistically wot i rote and wot i ment were two different things.I meant if two gays were married or not that would make no difference to the population as marriage is just a legal term ,being in a gay relationship whether married or not will not produce children naturally.

Member for

13 years 9 months

Re 48

Bring it on John, never have been a slacker myself, though the last time was in the Dark Ages, I may have to go to night school and be taught biology all over again...:D
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

12 years 11 months

You do all know what 'conscious un-coupling is - don't you ?

Member for

20 years 6 months

:eek:You mean to say,it's over,unconsciously bonded together in spirit but consciously uncoupled ,oh my ,oh my -SOB ,how can you say such things,fundamentally we are all woven intellectually into this virtual world of spiritual words.Be still my beating heart :(

Member for

11 years 5 months

No but I understand it has some special application where entertainment celebrities are concerned. Do I win the Mothers' Day tankard of slush?

Member for

12 years 11 months

Bullseye Charlie ! Thank God someone reads the papers and the adorable Gynneth.

Member for

12 years 11 months

Get to the shops as fast as you can ! Unless already too late, scoop up as much insect repellant as may still be available. This story is about concerns over an Asian mosquito invasion. Yet more immigrants !

The Asian Tiger mosquito is present in Western Europe and due to a mild winter and plenty of lying stagnant water, is breeding apace and might just be blown across the Dover Straits to our shores. Where's the Border Patrol ?

The invader carries a couple of quite potent viruses: dengue and chikungumya. You won't feel like partying if you catch either of these. One deterrent that I would recommend is a bee keepers outfit to be worn at all times especially at night. This has the added advantage of being a very effective contraceptive.

Member for

12 years 11 months

A silver spoon is to be auctioned at an antique fair in Birmingham. It is expected to sell for around £160,000 It was manufactured in this country during the mid 18th Century. It is said to be similar in size and beauty of workmanship to that found in Charlies mouth at the time of his birth !

Member for

13 years 9 months

Go sit on the naughty step John, there is nothing wrong with Chas, that a spell in a mental health Hospital couldn't cure...............:D
Jim.
Lincoln.7

Member for

12 years 11 months

Here are two 'follow up' items.

It looks increasingly likely (D.Tel. 2nd Apr.) that the remit of the FCA will be widened to include investment exit penalties . You know, those huge removals of your money should you have the temerity to decide that your particular investment plan isn't working for you and you decide to move your money elsewhere.

Cue for the 'carpetbaggers to move in and plan their next cruise paid for by your cash. That particular scam could now be coming to an end and all those who have lost out in past years could well be entitled to some recompense.

That perennial favourite WINDFARMS.

The Govt, to-day announced that subsidies are likely to be cut or ended completely and planning consents curbed for onshore windfarms. Note, nothing about offshore. All of this of course, could be a sop or inducement to all the many voters comfortably perched on the fence waiting to see which way the Conservative cat jumps.

Windfarms are unpopular with the voter that much is acknowledged. Unfortunately the Glib Cremes with the boy Cleggy in the van are in opposition. So, perhaps a sprat to catch a voters mackeral at the next election !

Member for

11 years 5 months

A silver spoon is to be auctioned at an antique fair in Birmingham. It is expected to sell for around £160,000 It was manufactured in this country during the mid 18th Century. It is said to be similar in size and beauty of workmanship to that found in Charlies mouth at the time of his birth !

Sadly the one in my mouth was later found to be a copy and as such declared worthless - like its owner! And, knowing you to be precise in all things, John, - Charlie's not Charlies. Thus making me a proper Charlie!:D