To-day is the day, Nigel beckons

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

10 years 8 months

But, remember, there is no such thing as bad publicity !

Ah yes, all those foot-in-mouth moments on Facebook, radio interviews, you know the sort of thing.
No such thing as bad publicity depends on how you look at it...

There was an article in The Independent on Thursday (and elsewhere, too) about the implosion of the BNP after their 'fantastic' showing five years ago. Maybe there is a lesson in that for this weeks flavour - just follow the exemplar, guys...

Member for

24 years 3 months

I loved the revelation earlier in the week that a certain proportion of the Romanians in this country had been jailed for criminal activities. But at 10% the number of ukip MEPs who had been jailed at some point was much higher.

Moggy

Member for

20 years 7 months

There was an interesting post by someone on f/book yesterday.UKIP has been elected-the others aren't too unhappy at the moment because ukip will do all the nasty stuff the others want to do and they will take the blame and eventually the other main parties will be voted back into power by a grateful population after the ukip party had done all the dirty work for them.

Member for

13 years

Re 20 & 21

I do agree. There is something in the UKIP candidate selection policy that does need urgent overhaul. For example: Do not select inarticulate and Facebook and Twitter enthusiasts who have done 'a bit of porridge'. Given prison population levels that excludes most of the population.

Charlie, don't be mischievous. The permanent civil servants will ensure continuity on most things such as paying the bills. Examples of the 'broad brush strokes' of government will be all around them. Follow them while beginning the process of 'tweaking' and re-adjustment, gradually imposing your own policies. The fabled rocket science - it ain't !

Member for

13 years

#23 at least they are own miscreants not imports. You of all people are not giving us the full facts 10% of UKIP members equals how many against 7%( I understand) of Romanians. Lets forget those charged and bailed for a moment who scarpered back to their home country to avoid justice.

Member for

24 years 3 months

[ATTACH=CONFIG]228618[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

11 years 6 months

Good to see someone else has a sense of perspective amongst the media inspired hyperbole!;)

Member for

24 years 3 months

You of all people are not giving us the full facts 10% of UKIP members equals how many against 7%( I understand) of Romanians.

Apologies.

The Office for National Statistics estimates that, in 2012, 101,000 Romanian-born people were resident in the UK

A spokesman for the Romanian Embassy said recently 624 Romanians were in prison in the UK

Looks like 0.6% to me, so maybe your understanding is a little adrift?

Moggy

Member for

13 years

Thats just the ones they have managed to catch.

The rest of my post was " Lets forget those charged and bailed for a moment who scarpered back to their home country to avoid justice."

Member for

13 years

The rest of my post was " Lets forget those charged and bailed for a moment who scarpered back to their home country to avoid justice."

Member for

24 years 3 months

Applies to both groups I'd guess.

Moggy

Member for

13 years

Scoffers all ! Remember 'acorns and oaks'.

Member for

11 years 6 months

And wheat and chaff........

Member for

13 years

Chaps, lighten up ! Politics is not ever to be taken seriously.

Member for

11 years 6 months

Quite right. The last few weeks have been very amusing and not least at the pens of assorted newspaper cartoonists. Some brilliant examples!;)

Member for

13 years

While we're on the subject of political humour... :D

Member for

13 years

Kosher Bacon? Must try that!

Member for

17 years 6 months

I wonder if it will effect the Jewish vote for Milliband, not exactly what they will want to see is him munching on a bacon sarnie.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Scoffers all ! Remember 'acorns and oaks'.

Yes, but aren't acorns supposed to grow into oaks? With 22% of the votes in local elections in 2013 and now with 17% this time, isn't that a bit un-oak like?

Moggy

Member for

13 years

Re 40

Patience is a virtue. It's always darkest just before dawn !

Acorns always grow into oaks unless there are pigs nibbling in the area. There's a metaphor there somewhere.