Is this typical of BMW drivers

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years

I just can't believe the mentality of some people !

On my way to see my Dad in Norfolk today, I stopped in Bury-St-Edmunds for a
quick look around the market. We often go here, so I parked in our usual spot,
well away from any other cars. To avoid any minor accidents from car doors.
I came back to find that some bozo had parked right next to me. I mean, it's not as if
parking spaces were at a premium.
Why do they have to do it ? Is it typical of BMW drivers ?

I'm getting more like Victor Meldrew every day :(

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr141/Deetektor/Odds%20and%20Sods/Bury_zps93c3cb52.jpg

Original post

Member for

19 years 1 month

LOL - thats the least of your worries with Beemer drivers ; )

edit - was it closest to the ticket machine ?

Member for

17 years 6 months

Hey, that's my car!!!

Member for

19 years 5 months

I'm not sure what you mean...I'd think he (like you) would park away from other drivers to prevent door dings.

I think he may have been having a laugh at your expense....

I park my Mercedes away from other cars...but then again I did when I drove Fords.

Member for

10 years 7 months

Might be that he was doing you a favour... Giving thieves the choice rather than choose the isolated single vehicle?
And if he had a really good anti theft device aboard, lucky you!

Member for

11 years 5 months

Think yourself lucky. He parked in an allocated space not across two spaces!!;)

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Probably the same driver from the advert doing the rounds at the moment. ;)

Geoff.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I park my Mercedes away from other cars...but then again I did when I drove Fords.

And how is the taxi business doing?

Moggy

Member for

19 years 5 months

And how is the taxi business doing?

Moggy

The SL 500 is fine thank you. The CLK is getting a bit long in the tooth, but with only 65,000 miles on it, it will probably outlast me.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Just an 'across the pond' ribbing.

Mercedes have a very different image this side of the Atlantic.

Moggy

Member for

14 years 6 months

It's driver psychology. Safety in numbers.
I always park away from everyone for the same reason. Or park next to something more expensive.
At the end of the day it will be on the scrapheap eventually so why worry. Vauxhall quicker than most.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Mercedes have a very different image this side of the Atlantic.
Moggy

Sadly, I know. My sister in law has one as does her partner (both new high-end models...the cars, not the people).
They've been vandalized in the past, some sort of class envy thing that is largely absent this side of the Atlantic.

Member for

14 years 6 months

The SL 500 is fine thank you. The CLK is getting a bit long in the tooth, but with only 65,000 miles on it, it will probably outlast me.

65k! That's barely run in. My Mk2 Mondeo had 170k and still running fine on original clutch.

Member for

19 years 1 month

Pah - thats nothing - my old Peugeot 405 diesel estate had 260,000 on the clock when I sold her - and still running lovely :D

Wonder how high we can get the mileage figure LOL

Member for

11 years 5 months

This is beginning to sound like a pastiche of Monty Python!

Member for

24 years 2 months

They've been vandalized in the past, some sort of class envy thing that is largely absent this side of the Atlantic.

Very odd.

Here and in Europe, they are seen as the vehicle of choice of taxi drivers usually seen parked outside of stations and airports. Envy is the last thing people feel (other then where your sister-in-law lives it seems).

Moggy

Member for

14 years 6 months

This is beginning to sound like a pastiche of Monty Python!

I did most of my miles on the west coast of England so, a Cornish pastiche if you will.

Member for

11 years 5 months

Hah! Love it!;)

Member for

19 years 5 months

Very odd.

Here and in Europe, they are seen as the vehicle of choice of taxi drivers usually seen parked outside of stations and airports. Envy is the last thing people feel (other then where your sister-in-law lives it seems).

Moggy

I'm sure no one in the UK has any envy towards expensive German cars. Must be why you don't see any on the roads.

Member for

10 years 7 months

Or park next to something more expensive.

Or next to an Astra - twockers never used to have a problem choosing between one of them and any other vehicle!

Here and in Europe, they are seen as the vehicle of choice of taxi drivers usually seen parked outside of stations and airports.

They are? Must be the more affluent area you live in - round here they choose Skodas and Nissans.

Member for

18 years 11 months

Today, I saw a white plate Mercedes taxi in Glastonbury! Moggy is right, in Belgium, Germany, Spain and Portugal, the Mercedes is the vehicle of the taxi drivers choice. My neighbour has a Merc with 400,000 kms on the clock and he expects it to appear in the Mercedes Museum when it clocks 500,000. I can remember back in the late 60's taking a Merc taxi to work for an early morning start in Southampton.