Ten thousand pounds could be yours

Member for

8 years 6 months

Applications are invited from The Committee of Logic to take part in a debate at the Houses of Parliament on Monday, 2nd February, at 6.0pm. The subject: "Should there be quotas for women in Parliament and on company boards?" The Committee of Logic is hosting a series of debates on feminist issues. The first will be held as above. Contestants will either oppose or support a particular topic. One applicant only will be chosen for each side. The winner, judged by a panel comprising Lord Tebbit, Roger Scrutton and Lord Kalms (who he ?) will receive a prize of £10,000 with consolation prizes (unspecified) awarded to worthy applicants who are not chosen to speak. Further information and application to : [email]info@CommitteeforLogic.org[/email] This seems to me a challenge for which this forum is well suited !
Original post
Profile picture for user Moggy C

Member for

19 years 9 months

Kalms is the chap that created Dixons Photographic (as was) Moggy
Profile picture for user charliehunt

Member for

7 years

Yes he was. What an odd mix for the panel. But an easy one for me. I generally disfavour quotas.

Member for

9 years 7 months

Kalms is the chap that created Dixons Photographic (as was) Moggy
Who thought his shaver was so good, he bought the company !

Member for

9 years 7 months

The subject: "Should there be quotas for women in Parliament and on company boards?"
Definitely not. Hasn't this already been tried in the cabinet ? It should be down to talent and ability alone.

Member for

8 years 6 months

Alan & Charlie You can both take a millisecond to guess my attitude. Can we look forward to seeing and hearing both of you at this debate ?

Member for

9 years 7 months

Alan & Charlie You can both take a millisecond to guess my attitude. Can we look forward to seeing and hearing both of you at this debate ?
Damn, I'm doing my hair that day :)
Profile picture for user Moggy C

Member for

19 years 9 months

Who thought his shaver was so good, he bought the company !
I think you might find that was Remington's Victor Kiam Moggy

Member for

8 years 6 months

Alan, Let me do that. I'm a frustrated barber. Let me do it and I guarantee that you'll have time to verbally blast the opposition !

Member for

9 years 7 months

I think you might find that was Remington's Victor Kiam Moggy
I think you may be right. Well it was close :)