Paris terrorist shootings

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years

WHAT ?? Police brutality !! What about their human rights ? Lets have a £5 million pound enquiry.

'Trebles all round' for the Human Rights lawyers.

Member for

16 years 2 months

The hostage taker in Paris is dead also, hostages freed. Casualties unknown at present.

Member for

12 years 11 months

Not quite correct. Reuters report four hostages dead at the Paris supermarket.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Sadly the loss of four more innocent people could not be prevented, but the French security forces on the ground (as opposed the ones monitoring extremists) have slotted 3 of the 4 - now they just need to finish the job and find the %&@$ that ran away....

Member for

17 years 5 months

The trouble is when you go to war against anyone, expect them to retaliate in your country, you can label them "terrorists" but to them is not a clear cut line..
Do not get me wrong I loath and abhor as much as the next man with what has happened, but the likes of IS are fighting a war of control in their countries and are more than a simple bunch of terrorists now, but an army of sorts, the same goes for Al Qaeda in Afghanistan.
The thing that struck me was how rapidly they were identified, and that is something that will no doubt come out in the wash.
Personally I would deport the complete family of anyone living in the country that is found involved in terrorism, lock stock and barrel. Mother, father ,sisters, brothers, cousins, aunts, uncles the lot.. I would also dispose of their bodies in a way that they cannot become a shrine, rather like how they lobbed Bin Laden off the side of the carrier.

As I said years ago, I can see race wars happening in the UK in the mid distant future and maybe that is one of their aims, to try and drive a wedge between the peace loving innocent Islamist in the UK and the rest of the population. And in that way to try to recruit more from that population.

Member for

24 years 2 months

The thing that struck me was how rapidly they were identified

No doubt helped by the fact they left their ID cards in their car - they obviously wanted their identity to be known before they finished their evil mission.

Member for

12 years 11 months

And the reaction of some to tar all Muslims with the same brush in the light of such spinelessness and vascillation is unsurprising.

This is true.

But equally, having browsed the comments sections of various news sites over the last few days, I have found it alarming how many Muslims are trying to pin this on forces unrelated to Islam, including: CIA, French Government, NATO, Chinese, British, EU, Israel, Zionists, Russia, Charlie Hebdo themselves. I am yet to see a single one concede that we have a problem growing in our increasingly isolated inner city Muslim communities.

Muslims shouldn't be blamed, and they have nothing to apologize for. But they must do more to help tackle this problem.

Member for

17 years 5 months

Muslims shouldn't be blamed, and they have nothing to apologize for. But they must do more to help tackle this problem.

Yup, when we had the bombings and terrorism from the NI troubles in the UK we didn't try to Apportion the blame on one religion or the other for the attacks to those living in the mainland UK

Member for

13 years

Nope we viewed them with equal suspicion.

Member for

18 years 10 months

From Nicolas's prior commentary i do believe that in general he equates any islamic action as a reaction to perceived western slights on that culture.

Nope, you couldn't be more wrong.

My opinion is that it is some gladio-like stuff, and don't worry those guys were hired & sent on a mission by someone with special interests: Shock & traumatize the french people to prepare them to whatever treachery our politician are planning in the middle east.

Now who is behind the manipulating of those *******s? Who knows.

BTW I like how you all celebrate because they've been killed.

I would too, but only if they had been killed AFTER they had been properly & thoroughly interrogated.

For some reason they always get shot first & interrogated later. How convenient.

Nic

Member for

18 years 10 months

Actually some of them are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWc3qX30SZM

Which reminds me that I should remove the sig.

Nic

Member for

24 years 2 months

For some reason they always get shot first & interrogated later. How convenient.

Nic

I am sure if you are volunteering to be the one that captures two heavily armed fanatics who view martyrdom as a glorious death, the rest of the armed response team would applaud you heartily and then pee themselves laughing after you set off to do it.

Moggy

Member for

18 years 10 months

I am sure if you are volunteering to be the one that captures two heavily armed fanatics who view martyrdom as a glorious death, the rest of the armed response team would applaud you heartily and then pee themselves laughing after you set off to do it.

Moggy

You don't give much credit to the french police & special forces. I'm not surprised. Maybe we should ask the SAS to do the hard work then?

Nic

Member for

24 years 2 months

In an earlier life I did a lot of work with SO19, our Metropolitan Police Armed Response Unit.

Trust me, capturing suspects, and shooting to wound are pure fantasy. These guys are risking their life, once they are dead they are dead, it's not a case of respawning like some video game.

The police and special forces target centre body mass, and they put in at least two rounds (firing single shot) to make absolutely certain to incapacitate the perpetrator. This generally means they die. Nobody sheds any tears. Their biggest fear is a large guy hopped-up on drugs and adrenaline who can take a number of rounds but just keeps on coming.

I am sure your French police follow the same procedure and I, for one, wouldn't blame them. But you obviously know different if you feel they could have captured these scum, but chose not to. To me that sounds like immature internet fantasy.

Moggy

Member for

12 years 11 months

Judged by their past record, I wouldn't trust any firearms unit of the British police.

Situations - like the one under discussion - that require the use of firearms, should be the sole province of well trained army personnel constituted for that purpose. The SAS or SBS come to mind. Never the police.

Member for

24 years 2 months

This could just be Internet bollox. Doubtless we will discover over the coming days.

Two of those killed, 42-year-old Ahmed Merabet and 49-year-old Franck Brinsolaro, were police officers — the very people tasked with protecting Charlie Hebdo's staff. Merabet's death was captured on film during a French television broadcast and shared quickly across social media. Two masked gunmen can be seen approaching him, ignoring his pleas to spare his life.

Who was he? As information about the victims began to filter out, the world learned that Merabet worked at a police station in Paris' 11th Arrondissement, near the location of Charlie Hebdo's offices. Reports also emerged that Merabet was himself Muslim.

Merabet, then, died at the hands of one of his own — albeit its fanatical and dangerous minority. It is especially and darkly ironic given that the gunmen allegedly shouted, "We have avenged the Prophet Muhammad." The name "Ahmed" shares linguistic roots with "Muhammad," and the prophet was sometimes referred to as Ahmed.

He gave his life to protect Charlie Hebdo's right to ridicule his religion, a powerful fact that has now become a trending hashtag on Twitter:

Moggy

Member for

11 years 5 months

The Muslim policeman's brother has appealed for calm whilst the family have expressed anger at the internet publishing of his murder.

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
I just wonder if everything had been reversed with some Europeans doing the deed on a Muslim Satirical/Political magazine if the same media coverage would be given ? Another thought is are there any Muslim satirical magazines ? Can you imagine the outrage if this did happen I am certain we would then be inundated with this kind of attack around the world and not just in the few countries of resent months, as it is I think this is possibly the tip of the iceberg with more to come as a soft target is an easier option than a target who can actually hit bag as all bully's have found out.
Some claim that these attackers do not represent the Muslim faith yet 9/10 times in attacks like these they are done in the name of the Muslim prophet Mohamed while screaming at the top their lung Aloha Akbar, is it any wonder then everybody jumps in with it's them baddy Muslims. I can see that it is the radical side of the faith that is ruining the Muslim religion, however there are not enough genuine peaceful Muslims coming fourth and screaming at the top of their voices that these radicals are nothing to do with us the peaceful Muslims. This is were they draw their power from they know a lot of peaceful muslims dare not speak out for fear of retaliation on them it is also I believe their belief they are doing what is right but how the hell can you fight a religion that teaches the radicalisation from a young age in some cases let alone turns the peaceful Muslim into the radical robot.
What I will never understand is why when these pillocks are caught they are not shipped abroad if they are not born say for instance the UK, it seems to be more about these pillocks human rights never mind the carnage they have inflicted or planned, I suppose you will have now all and sundry claiming the French could have taken them alive but when they are faced with robotic gunslingers who do not listen to reason what are they supposed to do just let them either to carry on murdering the innocent victims or to escape without hope for any justice ?
In my mind the old adage of ''If you live by the sword-You die by the sword'' has proven to be correct in this specific case, it's o.k. giving every Dirty Harry wannabe/Rambo with a rag on his head the benefit of the doubt, but like all service men whether civilian fire arms officers or military it's about making split decisions on the spot when your faced with someone actually firing with the sole intent of killing you. I doubt anybody on here would ever really want to be put in a situation like that, you only have to ask yourselves if you had a gun and one of these planks was threatening your Family member what would you do ? knowing that they are just as likely to kill that family member even if you put down your weapon in the hope they would be talked around.
You can't talk to someone who will ignore what you say and thinks what they are doing is for their God/Religion/Doctrine etc.etc. in that case you are left with only one option no matter how distasteful that will be, as I assume not everybody who has killed in self defence has enjoyed what they have done.

Geoff.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Another thought is are there any Muslim satirical magazines ?

Charlie is secular and has no religion.

It posted as many anti-Christian cartoons as it did anti-Muslim

No christians have firebombed it, nor slaughtered staff members

Perhaps that answers your question?

Moggy

Member for

9 years 6 months

But unlike you, they published their comments under their own names. It's easy to be brave when hiding. Less so when in the open.

You don't even bother to share where you live in your profile so it's hard to tell where your sympathies lie. I can't tell whether you're a cynic or just a crank/troll.

I'm guessing crank/troll. Nic probably fervently believes the stuff he (she?) posts, but it is green ink of the highest order. Somebody who emphatically posts such deranged stuff is a crank, whereas a troll would probably go for a more lazy approach.

Speaking of which, somebody has already suggested that the whole Paris debacle is a Mossad 'false flag' event.