Top Gear (Moggy will be pleased!)

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years

You've been practicing you rascal ! Are you both in panto or, is it just you ?

Member for

15 years

I'm guessing you signed then!

Wrong; not very good at this amateur psychology lark, are you? I don't watch the programme, nor do I have the slightest interest in it. Character assassination, however, is something I detest.
Those on the smarter half of the curve at least. So where are you?

I've no idea, but I have five GCE O-level, and one A-level, passes, if that helps.

Member for

13 years 10 months

Moggy,

Take it you are not a Clarkson fan.....?? Neither am I.... !!! Something to do with "celebrity culture", I believe.

Used to watch in the days when Quentin Wilson was on and enjoyed it.

Mike, In the dark forgotten places in my mind, there exists a memory that Quentin Wilson was a car dealer, and was Prosecuted for "Clocking" the mileage of cars he sold..Having said that, at nudging 74, I am a dyed in the wool Petrol Head. Yup, Clarkson is a pillock at times, but where else could you see cars like the GTR, Veyron, Zonda Et Al?, if nothing else, it has allowed me to see cars in the flesh, so as to speak, that had it not been for T.G. I wouldnt.As for Clarkson supposidly "Punching" another, who amongst us, has not wanted to do the same at some time in teir lives?. And NO, I havnt signed the petition, nor do I intend to
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

14 years 1 month

".....Jeremy Clarkson has launched into an expletive-laden tirade against BBC
bosses, labelling them “clucking barstewards” following his suspension from Top Gear....."

Seems he really doesn't want the job :rolleyes:

Member for

24 years 3 months

In the dark forgotten places in my mind, there exists a memory that Quentin Wilson was a car dealer

You may well be thinking of Quentin Willson.

Moggy

Member for

13 years 10 months

What the "L" you thinking of Moggy??, surly there cant't be 2 of them, as it's such an unusual name.A little too coincidental one thinks.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 2 months

Actually, the report was that he took a swing at the other man, but didn't make contact. While all those who can't stand the man are spending so much time vilifying him, and making all sorts of wild accusations, nobody is asking what the other man did to make him lose his temper; now we hear that Clarkson reported the incident, which doesn't sound like the behaviour of a guilty party, but, apparently "Innocent until proven guilty" shouldn't apply to someone we don't like.

Hi All,
Edgar Brooks,
It's his attitude/Mouth that spoils things for me I cannot fault him as far as the programme goes I have watched and enjoyed it for years, but I have to say in recent years his more and more ability to upset and not give a monkeys about it with his lack respect is just getting up my nose especially when he makes like of his actions surrounding this incident.
As far as the assault goes I ref this link;- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11473066/BBC-boss-likens-Jeremy-Clarkson-to-Jimmy-Savile-after-establishment-support.html
Mr Gob/Clarkson ( For Charlie :D) had a hissy fit for what ever reason, ended up lashing out and decided to beat anybody else to the punch before being suspended for his playground bully boy antics simple as that. All this palaver with his attitude towards him being probably sacked is just shameful, it's o.k. to take the mickey out of a situation when you already know the outcome but to have an attitude of F-Them is unbelievable, as an example he again at a charity bash was allegedly tipsy and let a tirade of abuse levelled at the BBC boss's over the incident, he just does not care one iota about the other party involved and how they are feeling.
I hope he gets the sack personally, as far as the programme being taken off air it was his two co-presenters who refused to carry on without him that lead to the last few not airing, misguided loyalty to say the least by Mr Hammond and May if the allegation is true.
Innocent till proven guilty I agree but in this case he has admitted what occurred minus the violence but most can already draw there own conclusions that if there was no violence the matter would have been dealt with and no more said however his actions speak volumes of a guilty person trying to save face.
Silver fox,
You are of coarse correct.

Geoff

Member for

11 years 2 months

I have to laugh or, should that be smile, shyly ?

All of his critics would, without exception, take over Clarky's role at the drop of, not so much a hat, as a million quid. I would for much less but, I'm cheap.

Why oh why does success in any guise, breed so much envy ?

Hi All,
JG,
It's anything but I would assume for the majority just the sheer unbelievable crap that is being spouted by him about his role in the occurrence he should know better, if you are in a position like JK's just as Footballers/Music Stars/Film Stars/MP's in fact anybody in the public limelight who has sway and can influence others by their actions you should act accordingly and not petulantly like JK is.
The thing that gets me the most is his continual joking about what happened he treats it all like a big joke, where as most who have a normal job and will never earn the kind of money he is on simply for his celebrity status would be facing an instant dismissal for gross misconduct and would more than likely be suspended till the outcome of the investigation without pay unlike Mr Gob. Basically his arrogance.

Geoff.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Envy has nothing to do with it. If another government employee took a swing at a co-worker, I'd suspect he's be suspended, if not sacked on the spot.
I'm sure the H&S would have something to say about such an act...not to mention unions and the usual PC police. Even more so if the co-worker was a woman or cultural/ethnic/religious minority.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
JB,
Exactly.:eagerness:

Geoff.

Member for

12 years 4 months

And now... A hunger strike for Clarkson (Shld old Jeremy joins ?)

Mr Cameron [...] revealed that daughter Nancy was threatening a hunger strike if family friend Jeremy Clarkson was taken off the TV - though Samantha [(Miss Cameron)] suggested the threat was not altogether serious.

[...]

"It is not exactly Gandhi." replied Prime Minister

Source:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/

Member for

20 years 6 months

I honestly feel with Clarkson he has become to believe all the hype around him and lost touch with reality. I agree that we all get frustrated but personally I feel if he did hit anyone in the situation described that is common assault. As such if guilty he deserves to lose his job, I would only feel differently if it was in self defence.
I used to like Top Gear, but now find Clarkson and Hammond very, very irritating and see James May as the only one who really has a passion for what he does and a true love of cars and aircraft. All 3 i'm sure will be on TV again soon, probably for Sky or Channel 5 should the BBC sack Clarkson.

It would be nice to think all 3 could come out of this a bit more humble and far less cocky, but I don't hold too many hopes.

Member for

24 years 3 months

...if he did hit anyone in the situation described that is common assault. As such if guilty he deserves to lose his job...

The only people who seem to know exactly what happened are JC and his "victim". No complaint from the victim to the police about an assault. No complaint from the victim to the BBC about the incident.
JC reported what happened to his "superiors". No-one else did.
Lots of supposition but little in the way of facts.

Let's wait and see if JC is found guilty of unacceptable behaviour and is dismissed.

Or just has an interview with no tea and biccies....

Member for

11 years 6 months

I wonder if all of those who went to print purporting to have witnessed the event at the hotel were invited to submit evidence to the BBC. Or have they all dematerialised......?

Member for

24 years 3 months

As I suspect the 'board of enquiry' will look at any evidence pertinent to the allegations, one would hope so. Though, as only one family seemed to 'go to the press' (as far as I am aware) and all they witnessed was the air turning blue, I wonder what they can add?....

No doubt the decision about his future with the BBC is being written now, shall we wait and see?...

Member for

15 years 10 months

Bob

I think you will find the victim is keeping his powder dry, has already stated that he would prefer not to be involved in some slanging match, however he has spoken to both police and the BBC, he has got a lawyer on the case, but is hoping for a satisfactory solution which keeps his job in place.

Member for

14 years 1 month

The only people who seem to know exactly what happened are JC and his "victim". No complaint from the victim to the police about an assault. No complaint from the victim to the BBC about the incident.

The "victim" is reported as saying, that he will only go to the police if the BBC fail to take any action against Clarkson.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I'm not following every twist and turn of this, so stand suitably corrected. I will still await the decision as to whether Clarkson's done his final lap....

Member for

13 years 10 months

I would be sorry to see Clarkson,leave, inasmuch as he has the balls to say publicly what a lot of we here on the Forum would "LIKE" to say, but cannot as we would get an instant ban.He is not bowing to the "P.C." Brigade, and has an obvious Anti Establishment attitude, and is not frightened to say what's on his mind.
The shows are pre recorded, and as such Aunti Beeb has time to edit Clarksons words, should they wish to do so. I.M.H.O. I think the Beeb deliberately turned a blind eye to many things Clarkson said, as if what he stated was censored, they would lose viewing figures.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

24 years 3 months

So his un-PCness gives him licence to mete physical violence on a junior employee?

It strikes me as maybe one of the rare times I see good in being PC.

Moggy