Ghosts ?

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

6 years 8 months

Posts: 3,335

Hi All, Thought of the day.. If Ghosts are real why are there no Dinosaur Ghosts ??????? :D Geoff.
Original post

Member for

8 years 6 months

Posts: 6,467

The evidence for the existence of ghosts is overwhelming. The sheer volume of anecdotal reports from all over the world is convincing. If a huge body of similar, anecdotal evidence, could be presented in a court of law, as circumstantial evidence offered by one side or the other, in a murder trial, I believe it would be sufficient to convince a jury without the need for forensic or eye witness evidence in support. As for dinosaurs ? Perhaps none because they had been and gone before Man arrived.
Profile picture for user charliehunt

Member for

7 years

Posts: 11,141

I presume your tongue is firmly in your cheek.....
Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

6 years 8 months

Posts: 3,335

Hi All, What do you think ?? Although I will add I do believe in them to many occurrence's just like Alien craft reported by professionals and everyday folk to be ignored. :cool: Geoff.
Profile picture for user paul178

Member for

8 years 6 months

Posts: 2,841

Jesus is allegedly seen by a lot of people does that make him one. I bet old spooky would be peed of by him undermining his job.
Profile picture for user charliehunt

Member for

7 years

Posts: 11,141

The day I am introduced to a ghost or a spirit or a god or any other fantastical imaginary being, I'll believe. Until then how can I?

Member for

13 years

Posts: 9,689

The sheer volume of anecdotal reports... ...I believe would be sufficient to convince a jury...
I agree it would convince a jury.....must be true then! :rolleyes:

Member for

8 years 6 months

Posts: 6,467

I presume your tongue is firmly in your cheek.....
And here am I thinking I wasn't THAT transparent !
Profile picture for user Deskpilot

Member for

10 years 5 months

Posts: 519

With limited knowledge...........apparently, animals cannot be re-incarnated but humans can. Yes I know, we are a 'form' of animal but with a much higher brain function. Re-incarnation, believe it or not, is widely believed, myself included. Please don't put me and my kind down just because you don't believe or understand. Ghosts are non re-incarnated spirits and can appear in many ways. Have I seen one, yes, several times but the most telling was years ago whilst hitching a lift back to my RAF station. Very early morning, cold and a bit misty. A kind post-office van driver picked me up(against company rules but hey, who was watching) and as we approached camp, we rounded a bend and there, in the middle of the road was a woman in a long crinoline type dress. We were so close that the driver swerved to miss her but failed to do so. There was no noise, no bump but we went through her. We skidded to a stop. Needless to say, we were both shook up. "Did you see that?" was the only thing he said, didn't even swear or curse. "Yes" I said, and we drove on in complete silence to the camp gates. He was still very white when I got out of the van. Make of it what you will but please, keep an open mind.
Profile picture for user charliehunt

Member for

7 years

Posts: 11,141

DP - you are of course as entitled to believe in reincarnation and ghosts as in god and an afterlife as they are all elements of the same thing. But I do not share those beliefs but am quite prepared to be disabused of them when I am shown proof to the contrary. I have been in so-called haunted places with people actually sensing and witnessing phenomena of which I had no sense or recognition. The imagination is a powerful force especially if cleverly manipulated. James Randi was a great exposer of the exploitation of the gullible by the charlatan.
Profile picture for user Deano

Member for

16 years 2 months

Posts: 2,623

When I was 5 we had to move out of a house because it was haunted, the story is quite convoluted so it would take a while to type out, I don't have time right now but alot of things that happened in there were confirmed 9 years later. My childhood is as vivid as it comes due to that house. I can even remember my 2nd birthday.
Profile picture for user charliehunt

Member for

7 years

Posts: 11,141

There is nothing unusual about recollections of early childhood - sometimes accurate and sometimes half-imagined. But I accept that you and many others are believers.:)
Profile picture for user Lincoln 7

Member for

9 years 4 months

Posts: 8,306

Just a couple of things I cannot explain that happened to myself. Many years ago, when very much younger and fitter, I had the ASIAN flu, which was sweeping the Country. As I layed in my bed, I distinctly remember seeing two women, dressed like Nuns. Both had their arms out, palms upwards beconing me. I shouted out, "I am not ready to go yet", and with that, they faded away. Was it the Fever, my imagination?. The other thing, is reading of folks having Surgery in Hospital, who "Die" whilst on the table, then recover, but state they saw a brilliant white light shining down on them. 2 yrs ago, I underwent major Surgery at Addenbrooks Hospital, where I was told after the Op, that I had died whilst on the table, and it took,(The Surgeon) his team, including himself, 5 minutes to get me back. I can state, that I did NOT see this white light, or even remember anything regarding what many state they see when the likes of which happens to them.But I keep an open mind of what may, or may not, be true. Jim. Lincoln .7

Member for

13 years

Posts: 9,689

Very early morning, cold and a bit misty...
Classis 'seen a ghost' conditions! There used to be a spot near my hometown, down a hill, under a railway bridge and then a sharp left-hand turn between the railway embankment and the river, where I'd often see a 'ghost'... ...in fact it happened so often that one night (always seen at dusk) I said to my, then, girlfriend 'have you ever seen a ghost?' 'Well, you're about to!' 'Just look straight-ahead as we round this corner.' Sure enough as we rounded the corner she let out an exclamation; she'd seen a 'ghost'! I asked what she'd seen and she said a woman, dressed all in white, a long white dress, like a wedding-dress, with a veil, standing (or actually hovering) at the edge of the road with her back to the road. Exactly what I'd seen many times before. My girlfriend was so freaked-out she made me turn round and slowly drive back past the spot; nothing! We turned round again and drove back past the spot again (slowly); nothing! We went round again and I drove back past at normal (fast) speed with my lights dipped and bingo! There 'she' was again, just for a split second, exactly as before. Whenever we drove past we'd get people to look for our 'ghost'; some people saw her, some didn't and then a few months later the hedgerow and brambles were cut-back along the railway and we never saw 'her' again! Spooky? No? Well, I've told that story after a few drinks in a creaky old holiday-house with the wind howling outside and an open-fire crackling in the grate.....and people have asked me to stop! Did we see a ghost? Or just an optical illusion in particular light conditions, and at speed, coupled with the way the human brain interprets what the human eye 'sees'.

Member for

13 years

Posts: 9,689

I can state, that I did NOT see this white light...
You're obviously heading in the other direction then!!! ;)
Profile picture for user Lincoln 7

Member for

9 years 4 months

Posts: 8,306

Hopefully so Warren !!. I don't know if it's true, but the Human Brain only, in most, only uses 10% of it's capacity. Makes one wonder what the other 90% is doing.......:D Jim. Lincoln .7
Profile picture for user charliehunt

Member for

7 years

Posts: 11,141

Did we see a ghost? Or just an optical illusion in particular light conditions, and at speed, coupled with the way the human brain interprets what the human eye 'sees'.
The second option, CD.

Member for

13 years

Posts: 9,689

Yep.....I don't believe in ghosts!

Member for

8 years 6 months

Posts: 6,467

Hopefully so Warren !!. I don't know if it's true, but the Human Brain only, in most, only uses 10% of it's capacity. Makes one wonder what the other 90% is doing.......:D Jim. Lincoln .7
Well in your case JIm, according to one of the Chuckle Bros; not a lot !

Member for

13 years

Posts: 8,824

Dinosaurs were turned into fossil fuel, when you turn on the gas ring, those little blue things that come out the ring are not flames but ghosts escaping, they bang themselves up against objects and cause friction which heats up the object. See, simple when you tell it as it is.

Member for

10 years 6 months

Posts: 894

My mother always maintained she'd seen a ghost, in an old house before the war. In 1987, I was baby-sitting my goddaughter, as her parents were both on night duty; during the night she crawled out of her cot, into my bed, and went to sleep in the crook of my arm. Around 3a.m., I was woken by a man's head appearing round the door, looking at us, chuckling, then withdrawing, and I went back to sleep. In the morning, I went downstairs, and found the mother, so asked where her husband was. "He's not home yet." "Then who was the bloke who came into the bedroom?" When I described his deep chuckling laugh, she said, "Oh, that was my dad; he often comes up from Cornwall to check on us." Her father is dead, and buried, in Cornwall, since the 1970s. I'll keep an open mind, thank you.