Alright Dave?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 8 months

Just seen Toby Young on C4 news. What an appalling example of a human being he really is. I had read a lot of his bile in the Telegraph, but never seen him on TV before. God help us all if he is the modern face of the Right wing activist

Member for

13 years

It's the Scots and the referendum issues that get me, if you hold a referendum and lose accept it, what annoys me are the calks for further referendums until you get one that agrees with your point of view.... They've had their chance and said no, so that should be.

Which is what the EU did with Ireland. Sickening.

Member for

13 years

Just seen Toby Young on C4 news. What an appalling example of a human being he really is. I had read a lot of his bile in the Telegraph, but never seen him on TV before. God help us all if he is the modern face of the Right wing activist

Trekkie,

Rest easy. "the modern face..." That title belongs to me but, I'm better looking. Would you like a photo ?

Member for

13 years

Mmmm - reminiscent of another bunch of wishful thinkers in Brussels!

Charlie,

You're too kind. More like, 'never take no for an answer' bunch of tossers in Brussels.

Member for

12 years 8 months

Greenie, Many people in this world would be more attractive than Him, I have no doubt that includes you

Member for

13 years

You're too kind.

Member for

15 years 10 months

This must be a wet dream for Cameron, Labour has lost Scotland, today Alex Salmond blustering on TV how this was a major step towards full independence, without Scotland can Labour recover? or are we doomed to life under the Tories for the foreseeable future, in the North of England at least that is not a happy prospect.

Member for

19 years 2 months

Labour only have themselves to blame SF - they managed to lose in spite of blatant left wing bias on the BBC - they were really pushing milliband and sturgeon on there - Labour need to select a credible leader with some personality/charisma and even then it will take a while for people to forget the financial sabotage/uncontrolled immigration of the Broon/Mandy years !

rgds baz

Member for

11 years 6 months

Salmond's bluster is meaningless. All that matters is whether or not a second independence refendum is called and whether or not the Scots vote for it. If they do not then it is up to the other parties to try to reestablish a presence north of the border.

The long delayed boundary changes are sure to be implemented which are likely to increase the Conservative seat count in 2020.

Member for

13 years

Labour only have themselves to blame SF - they managed to lose in spite of blatant left wing bias on the BBC - they were really pushing milliband and sturgeon on there - Labour need to select a credible leader with some personality/charisma and even then it will take a while for people to forget the financial sabotage/uncontrolled immigration of the Broon/Mandy years !

rgds baz

And that, is pretty much the complete truth of it !

Member for

24 years 3 months

Those who voted for independence (1.6 million) more than likely voted for SNP - the numbers are about the same.
~2.5 million didn't vote for the SNP (~4.08 million registered voters in Scotland) and SNP got 1,454,436 votes.

Let's hope "the 33%" respect that the 66% didn't want SNP in power...

Member for

15 years 10 months

If only the no shows would get out and vote not only in Scotland, but across the UK

Member for

12 years 8 months

they managed to lose in spite of blatant left wing bias on the BBC

If there was any bias it was to follow the right wing press and their agenda on each day. The press bleated about bias only because they have an agenda of their own regarding the BBC. Their strategy has always been that if you say something often enough it must be true, mustn't it?

Robert Peston delivered a lecture on this very subject in 2014.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-06-24/robert-peston-theres-no-left-wing-bias-at-the-bbc

Although the Daily Fail deputy editor called this garbage, ( surprised? No, nor was I) there is evidence this did happen over the past few weeks. For example the prominence given to the telegraph letter from business leaders on the BBC output all day, even though very quickly it was shown to have been orchestrated by the tory party hq.

And before you dismiss this link as 'oh he would say that', please take the time to read it
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/may/07/alastair-campbell-newspaper-election-ed-miliband-leveson

So if some think the BBC is biased to the right because they are left leaning, and others claim it biased to the left because they are right leaning, as has often been said the truth probably lies in between. If the BBC is p*ssing every one off, it is probably doing its job properly.

Member for

19 years 2 months

I watched the BBC (it is on in our crewroom - so captive audience yawn) - it was blatant Left bias ; ),I do not need anybody from a newspaper to decipher what I actually watch LOL

I never read snoozepapers so cannot comment on them !

Quel surprise that a Radio Times article says no bias at the Beeb - and Alistair Campbell - come on - give us somebody credible LOL

rgds baz

Member for

15 years

There were three items, which have come out of this election, which gave me great satisfaction. No more will we have to see that wagging finger from the leader of the Opposition (how Cameron resisted the temptation to reach forward and snap it off, I'll never know.) For five years (at least) I won't have to look at the smug smirk on "Balls-up's" face, as he tried to airily dismiss his failings. It was with deep satisfaction that I witnessed Salmond's comments (about him telling Labour how to run the country) coming back to bite him, with Cameron pointedly talking to Sturgeon, and not him.
I now await 20p being slapped onto the price of petrol, and the latest "revelations" about diesel getting 50p added, and the promise of no income tax increase being got round by the usual ploy of not raising tax thresholds.

Member for

14 years 1 month

Those who voted for independence (1.6 million) more than likely voted for SNP - the numbers are about the same.
~2.5 million didn't vote for the SNP (~4.08 million registered voters in Scotland) and SNP got 1,454,436 votes.

Let's hope "the 33%" respect that the 66% didn't want SNP in power...

Comments made by many of those who voted SNP, indicate that not all of them want independence.

I also wouldn't mind betting that "Dave" was also aware that if certain facts about the goings on in Westminster
during the 70-s and 80's had hit the fan before the election. The Labour party may have well had a landslide victory.

Member for

11 years 6 months

Agree with the first point particularly as more than the numbers who elected the MPs voted against independence.

The second point is back to idle speculation - again!

Member for

12 years 8 months

P

I watched the BBC (it is on in our crewroom - so captive audience yawn) - it was blatant Left bias ; ),I do not need anybody from a newspaper to decipher what I actually watch LOL

I never read snoozepapers so cannot comment on them !

Quel surprise that a Radio Times article says no bias at the Beeb - and Alistair Campbell - come on - give us somebody credible LOL

rgds baz

I would argue that it is you who are biased because of your own political stance ( as of course am I) and because the programmes are not exactly following your perspective you believe they must be biased.
With respect that is your opinion not the truth.

I would argue that , coming from a different perspective they are probably biased towards the establishment, again an opinion.

The radio times is not a BBC publication, it has not been since 2011.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026681/Radio-Times-sold-BBC-121m-deal.html

If you want an alternative source, try this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/06/robert-peston-says-bbc-leftwing-bias-********_n_5458619.html

To say Alistair Campbell is not credible just because he left leaning is short sighted, it could be argued that his opinion is at least as valid as yours

Member for

17 years 6 months

If only the no shows would get out and vote not only in Scotland, but across the UK

Are you suggesting the 'no shows' were mainly Labour voters then?

(Or Liberal-Democrat, or UKIP?)

Member for

13 years

Comments made by many of those who voted SNP, indicate that not all of them want independence.

I also wouldn't mind betting that "Dave" was also aware that if certain facts about the goings on in Westminster
during the 70-s and 80's had hit the fan before the election. The Labour party may have well had a landslide victory.

Equally, if Chilcot had been published before the election, the Tories would have had a landslide.

It beggars belief that once again Nu Labour is raiding its ugly head. The legacy of a very dark period in the hitory of the party, and the UK as a whole.