One Hundred & Sixty Years Young - What a Proud Record !

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 11 months

That splendid repository of old fashioned values and standards is to-day 160 years old. This beacon of excellence in an ocean of mediocrity has been produced for over a century and a half. Some record.

I expect that all the many tens of thousands of forum supporters will join me in raising a glass in celebration to this custodian of right wing values.

Original post

Member for

11 years 5 months

Excellent but wishfully thought last paragraph!! But to strike a serious note I have been a reader on and off for decades and I sadly do not agree that their journalistic standards are always maintained. Do you, genuinely?

Member for

12 years 11 months

Altho' I'd never admit it to anyone, I don't always see eye to eye with some of their editorials. I've worked hard at trying to convince them to appoint me as a kind of benevolent neutral with little or no axe to grind. They have said that there is no way back from my acknowledged imput of unlimited grinding.

Member for

17 years 6 months

It may be a repository of old fashioned standards...

...but you failed to mention what was a repository of old fashioned standards and values!

Member for

9 years 6 months

I expect that all the many tens of thousands of forum supporters will join me in raising a glass in celebration to this custodian of right wing values.

Tens of thousands of forum supporters? :highly_amused: I count about ten. You, Lincoln and Charlie **** appear to have chased the rest away. :applause:

Member for

11 years 5 months

I think you failed to detect the tongue firmly inserted in the cheek. I doubt there are more than several hundred regular contributors to the entire Forum. I confess to being a sporadic Telegraph reader of a few of the columnists and some sport and arts but I don't think Lincoln 7 is.........

Member for

12 years 11 months

The next media anniversary to be celebrated is a really important one - the Daily Mail. Hallelujah ! There'll be a gnashing of teeth and a shaking of fists in the ink stained, marble halls of the Guardian.