Fox Hunting

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 10 months

Silver FOX with a name like FOX, do you have to keep an ear out for the Hounds when out for a stroll in the Country?.......:D
Jim
Lincoln .7

Why do you think I'm opposed to fox hunting?....:D

Member for

24 years 3 months

I would like to see the actual support for this medieval practice among the rural community.

Speaking as part of the rural community I think you'll find 5% are very pro-fox hunting (usually the horsey set), 5% are vehemently anti (usually incomers), and 90% couldn't give a toss if it's banned or legalised.

Moggy

Member for

9 years 7 months

Cameron knew exactly what he was doing, and the SNP did exactly what he expected them to.

The whole thing had s0d all to do with foxes or hunting, and everything to do with seeing which way the SNP would jump when it came to voting on English laws.

The Tories have re-mastered the game of politics. Trust nothing. Everything is done for a reason.

Very cunning if correct. However nobody up here has noticed, apparently, as they are too busy watching that dull inauguration speech from Mhairi Black. the 20 year old Sports Science student that took Douglas Alexander's seat.

She reminds me of some of my old PE Teachers.

"Ah'm here cos yous hae got hunners ae poor cunts usin' they food banks ken?"

Member for

9 years 6 months

Gosh. No wonder they were sports teachers.

Member for

9 years 7 months

Have you heard Ms Black speak?

Member for

19 years 5 months

Speaking as part of the rural community ... 5% are vehemently anti (usually incomers),...Moggy

My farm-owning friends outside Canterbury report the incomers make it life difficult for the long-time residents.
They made planning approval for a new potato shed a nightmare. The shed is necessary for them to earn a living (and keep the UK in crisps), but the newcomers, many of which only spend the weekends there, want everything to look like a chocolate box-ideal rural community.

Next they'll want mandatory thatched roofs and horse drawn wagons.

Member for

15 years 10 months

Speaking as part of the rural community I think you'll find 5% are very pro-fox hunting (usually the horsey set), 5% are vehemently anti (usually incomers), and 90% couldn't give a toss if it's banned or legalised.

Moggy

In my neck of the woods we find it's mainly those moving to the country who wish to take up "country" pursuits along with a few who wish to carry on an old medieval practice, however as I said previously this is an arable farming area and the local farmers aren't enthused about packs of dogs and horses rampaging about.

Member for

16 years 11 months

Hunting with dogs for sport - no thanks, dogs employed on rat duty
Shooting it if it comes sniffing around my chickens - fair game

Member for

13 years 10 months

When in my old job, I worked shifts, which included nights. I too like Moggy live in a Rural area, perhaps even more Rural than where he lives, and I mst say in nearly 30 yrs, I have ever seen just 2 Foxes.
Jim.
Lincoln .