TonyT in Hospital

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 9 months

Just had a call from TonyT, It would appear he had pains in his chest Monday, but ignored them. Today, they came back again, together with pains in his arm. He was whisked off to Hospital in Derby, (Don't ask me which one, cos the call was very quick) He has ECGs taken and tests done, it would seem he had scarring on his heart, and it was on Monday, a minor Heart attack which came back today with a vengance. I don't know much more, but they are keeping him in for 5 days, and upon his release, he will be having a week off work. Further invasive things are going to be done whilst he is in there.
His cellphone battery is nearly flat, so he could not say any more.
I am sure all of us would like to send Tony our best wishes, and for a swift recovery.
I did ask him to see if any of the Staff could, or did have a suitable battery charger he could use, so he could let me know how things are progressing.If he can, then I will update, as and when.
All the best buddy, (It's only pain...:D)
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Original post

Member for

12 years 11 months

Jim,

Once you know the name of the hospital, perhaps you would let us know.

Member for

13 years 9 months

Sure will John. and if I can get to see him, ie get there and back in one day, will visit him, however, as I said, his battery was nearly flat on his Cellphone, so it was short and, sweet.and not much info was passed between us.
Thanks for asking, it means a lot when you guys ask, when one is in Hospital, been there, got the "T" shirt etc.
Jim
Lincoln .7

Member for

19 years 1 month

Best wishes Tony - hope all turns out ok - rgds baz

Member for

12 years 11 months

Best wishes.

Member for

24 years 2 months

That's not good news. He's one of the good guys.

You sure he hadn't let his pacemaker battery run down too? :D

Positive waves for you Tony!

Moggy

Member for

12 years 9 months

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Tony

Member for

13 years 9 months

I think there is a lesson there for us guys. We often get something wrong with s, a pain here a pain there, and shrug it off, when in essence, instead of "Manning up" we should, in reality go and see the Dr.
Just to lighten the subject a little, many years ago, one of my friends was cheating on his wife, and had a girlfriend. He found out he had testicular cancer, and had to have one of his testicles removed. Whilst in Hospital, his wife paid him an unexpected visit, at the same time his girlfriend did. The sh*T hit the fan, and even more so when my friend told his wife, that had it not been for his girlfriend finding the lump, he wouldn't possibly be there to tell the story. For some strange reason, said friends wife divorced him. I suppose the moral of the story is, that if you want to play ball games, don't tell your wife who you are playing with !! :D
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

18 years 11 months

Another morality story from Jim! Best wishes for Tony's recovery, you are needed here.

Member for

13 years 9 months

Just hope that they treat him well in there, otherwise there will be a thread from him telling us just how low the standard of Nursing, treatment, and the state of the NHS is in, Gawd help us:Ds.......
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

13 years 9 months

Hi Guys. Just had a call from Tony, some kind person loaned him a charger for his Cellphone, so I can give you an update as follows.
It was definately a heart attack. He is gowned up as I write, and going down to Theater for a P.C.I. Scan, which involves putting a dye into a vein in his system, then inserting a camera, via his groins, so they can scan his heart. He didn't sound his old self, which is understandable. He has been told he may have to have STENTS put into his heart, again, via his groins.
He has been admitted to Ward 408 at the Royal Derby Hospital. He will have to have between 6 to 12 weeks off work after he is discharged. I told him I would visit him, and he didn't want me, or anyone to visit him. He has a sister "Up North" who is going to see him, but thats all. I told him that I had put it on the Forum, and would he mind, if I put the details of whats happening, and also that you guys wanted to know, he seemed O.K. with that.I can only think of trying to get the Hospital phone number, and some of us phone the Ward up, and give him our best wishes through a member of Staff.
Will keep you all posted, as and when.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

12 years 11 months

Jim,

Thanks for all the info. I'll write to him.

Member for

11 years 3 months

Best wishes. Hope you get well soon, Tony.

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Jim ,
Many thanks for letting us know matey such a shame, now it's his turn for some support from us eh! ? ;)
Tony,
If you can read this from hospital, Come on matey lets get you back to full fitness and posting again you are one of life's unsung heroes so you need be in our corner and fighting fit again. Get well soon....:eagerness:

Geoff.

Get well soon Tony!

Member for

13 years 9 months

Hi All. Just got off the phone from Tony, he has had his internal scan done with the camera. He seems a bit more cheerful than he did this A.M. His Surgeon and team, tomorrow, are having a meeting to discuss what they found today, and the best way to go forwards to hopefully cure his problem. He gave me the phone number of the Hospital, as..01332 788408. but asked me not to put it on here, (Wishful thinking on his part, NOT), as he didn't wish the Nurses to keep delivering your good wishes to him.He had minor pains in his chest again today, but at least he is in the right place.
If things go as usual in Hospitals, the Surgeon will discuss Tony tomorrow, and because most surgical teams seem to have weekends off, I guess he may well be put on the List for Monday.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

17 years 5 months

Thanks guys :(
It's a bummer, I will hopefully learn if stents or surgery tomorrow. Never felt anything bar a burning sensation, one blockage over 6 months old and knew nothing of that. Hope to see on the other side :

Member for

13 years

Best Wishes Tony, I am thinking of you and I hope all goes well. PS don't get worse over the weekend all the consultants have effed off to watch the golf or cricket!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Nice to hear from you Tony. Keep smiling, time to let the world happen around you for a while. You are in the right place, so get fixed, and we'll see you soon.

Member for

13 years 9 months

Paul, It was on Sky News last night, (The bit where they read ot the next days newspaper's headlines) and as it is a well known fact that Surgeons, Consultants have weekends off, it does cause the deaths of a large number of patients, simply because there is no one to operate on them. I think IIRC that the Government is going to ask these men and women surgeons to work weekends. they will be given until Sept this year to see if they are willing to or not. If NOT, then the Health Minister may MAKE them sign new Contracts that state they must.
I can't see much of a problem, when they could introduce a Roster system, wherbye they could take it in turn to work even one weekend every month, God knows they earn enough, then they also earn extra with those who have the money to go private. I just find it hard to believe, (And I speak from personal experience) that a whole Hospital can virtually grind to a halt at a weekend simply because the Staff are not available. A&E are the exception to this.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

12 years 11 months

Jim,

What's Tony's second name please ?