TonyT in Hospital

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

9 years 6 months

All the best, Tony from a new(ish)comer. I already realise how important a contributor to these pages you are. Linc, I too can relate - I was stupid enough to get an infection during chemotherapy on the Bank Holiday weekend that Prince William got married. County hospital was a ghost ship, one full of sick people!)))

Member for

13 years 9 months

Hi John, and also Geoff, his Surname is TAYLOR.
Hope this is O.K. He is in a Ward, with 3?. other chaps, all of which have Heart problems. It may well be that Tony, may have to have a tripple Heart Bypass, and this may have to be carried out at one of two different Hospitals. At the moment, it seems that even with Heart problems, there exists a Triage system, and Tony is just getting fed up with sitting around waiting to see whats happening.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

13 years 9 months

Mike. Re hospitals being like Ghost Ships at the Weekends. Tony was saying that today, Sat, the Car Park was nearly M.T. until the patients visitors started to drift in. Something has to be sorted out, one cannot choose any day but Sat and Sunday to be ill enough to be admitted to Hospital, due to the lack of Staff being on duty.I used to get one weekend a month off as a Copper, but it would appear that is not the case in the NHS. I obviously stand to be corrected, as I am unaware of the system they work to.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

9 years 6 months

I guess it comes from the childish assumption that a twenty four hour service should be run on a twenty four hour basis. I do understand that many of the NHS's activities are closed down at weekends, Outpatients clinics, for example. But the Inpatients should receive the same basic level of care at weekends as during the week, (accepting that routine tests etc might be weekday activities). I must state that during the time I referred to earlier I got nothing but superb care on the wards, and I roadtested four different wards in the same hospital during that year. The ward staff were however, thin on the ground at the best of times and more so at weekends. What I did find was that the reception/clerical staff with whom I came into contact, most especially in Radiotherapy, were rather less than charismatic. Once you got past them and into the hands of medical staff things improved enormously.
I cannot get my thoughts away from the idea that the Consultants and senior Doctors/Surgeons tend to pack up at about midday on Friday and head for the golf club. Urban myth? Dunno. But it's a notion that first hand experience does not help to dismiss.

Member for

17 years 5 months

Well, I have seen consultants in both days dealing with patients and the nursing staff have been first rate, indeed everyone I have come into contact at the Derby Royal have been superb, it's the superhospital that has been on. Itv of late

Member for

14 years 5 months

Hi Tony

Just caught up... wishing you all the best.

Matt

Member for

20 years 8 months

Nothing like adding a light note to the proceedings. My late Mum always maintained she didn't want to go to hospital "because people die in hospital". Get well soon Tony and hurry back to us.

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Just thought that along with the Jims giving of the hospital ward phone number to contact Tony you may wish to send him a card to keep his spirits up as I have so here is the full address below...:eagerness:
Mr Tony Taylor
C/O Ward 408,
Royal Derby Hospital,
Uttoxeter New Road,
Derby,
DE22 3NE.

Geoff.

I sent Tony a book to read, I hope it gets there in time. If he leaves the hospital, he should leave a forwarding address.

Member for

19 years 2 months

All the very best Tony !

Member for

13 years 9 months

Just had Tony on the phone. He has had his Op, and is sitting in the Recovery room. He had just one Stent put into his heart, they decided that the other one was not as bad as they thought,so no 2nd Stent was needed. The totally blocked one, they are leaving as it is. It wouls appear that the blocked one has been like that for 10yrs. He seems very well in himself, and was awake whilst they went in Via his wrist to carry out the procedure. :very_drunk:
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

12 years 11 months

Jim,

Thanks for the update. I have written.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Thanks for the update Jim. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Member for

13 years 9 months

Just spoken to Tony, and he has had a good nights sleep, with no after effects from his Op yesterday. He is on Asprin, and Statins, and other Tabs, and will be on some for the rest of his life. He is hoping when the Drs, do the Rounds, he will be discharged today.

Jim
Lincoln .7

Member for

24 years 2 months

All the best Tony - sounds like they caught it in time. Time to get the scalpel out yourself, and do some modelling!

Member for

17 years 5 months

Latest is had three stents in worst tube, one with a little blockage left as 20% below the percentage to deal with
, will be back in to try to unblock the blocked one in about 6 to 8 weeks, I might escape today :)

Member for

15 years

Try drinking a little drain cleaner, that should clear it for you;) Hope you have a good and speedy recovery.

Member for

13 years 9 months

Well, It seems like Tony will be back home today, and I am sure he will himself, keep us in the picture as what develops over the next few weeks.
I know there are some folks who run the N.H.S. down, with all the money it costs, however, where in the World could one get the kind of treatment as Tony received for FREE?.
Jim
Lincoln .7

Member for

9 years 6 months

Thanks for the update, wishing Tony well.
You're right, of course, for all our moaning, where else?

Member for

13 years

Nice to see you about Tony. I am very glad for you and it also saved me a few bob as I did not get my Black Suit cleaned:D