"Blakey" from On the Busses dies aged 88

Profile picture for user 27vet

Member for

9 years 11 months

R.I.P. I enjoyed those films. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3196856/Actor-Stephen-Lewis-played-Blakey-Buses-starred-Summer-Wine-dies-88.html
Original post
Profile picture for user Lincoln 7

Member for

9 years 4 months

R.I.P. Blakey. I must admit that Olive was a bit of a character, always trying to get her husband into bed for a bit of nookie, and him making all the excuses not to. Jim. Lincoln .7

Member for

13 years

:(
Profile picture for user Dr Strangelove

Member for

11 years 4 months

We nicknamed our MT controller 'Blakey' in honour of Stephen Lewis "Get those buses out!" RIP.
Profile picture for user cabbage

Member for

8 years 4 months

Don't forget he was the miserable so-and-so "Smiler" in "Last of the Summer Wine". R.I.P. a very fine character actor.
Profile picture for user 27vet

Member for

9 years 11 months

Also sad to note that the other two guys from On the Buses, , Reg Varney and Bob Grant have also passed on. Anna Karen is still alive however and as a matter of interest, she was born in the same town as me.
Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

6 years 8 months

Hi All, Very sad news about Stephen Lewis always loved On The Buses even till this day still watch the repeats and they stand the test of time over and over, liked his character in One Foot In The Grave when Victor and visited his hotel.:highly_amused:
I also found this short tribute to Mr Lewis RIP.
Geoff.