How sneaky can they get?.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 9 months

Cracking brace of Bass Snapper, From the beach, or boat, what did they weigh, (Each)?.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

9 years 6 months

I checked the salt shaker at my local chippie, and it had more than 5 holes, though many of them appeared blocked. I'm a sucker for salt on my fish and chips, so I have a tall white table salt 'shaker' at home. This thing dispenses salt out of a chute in the lid, so you don't want to shake it! I tend to dispense a small quantity of salt into the palm of one hand and sprinkle it over food with the other. Fight the system!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Trolled on Fladen Maxximus Predator lures and Fladen Maxximus 7-25g Nano rods; had an hour to kill. Both about 5lb or so - the average stamp of bass I've been getting this year.

Member for

15 years 10 months

Following on from this principle, can we now expect regulations requiring beer to be only served from sealed containers with one thin drinking straw to limit alcohol consumption? After all, alcohol costs the NHS billions, and is said to be bad for us.

Steven

Member for

16 years 2 months

It would be interesting to compare the healthcare costs of alcohol related issues across a few countries. Britain, Germany, France, Italy and Sweden spring to mind.

Member for

13 years 9 months

snaf. I know that smoking is bad for you, but in nearly 30yrs as a Copper, I attended probably thousands of incidents caused by alcohol,but never ONE caused by smoking. I agree with what you have said, it wold be interesting to find out, what you have outlined.
C.D. is one of, if not the best number crunchers on the Forum, lets hope he reads this.
Jim
Lincoln .7

Member for

11 years 5 months

I attended probably thousands of incidents caused by alcohol,but never ONE caused by smoking.7

But you wouldn't have, Linc, if you think about it. Smoking, notwithstanding passive smoking only injures the user whereas alcohol has the potential to injure the user and third parties directly as a consequence of its overuse.

Member for

9 years 6 months

56 died in the Bradford City stadium fire, which was traced back to a discarded cigarette butt.

Just saying...

Member for

11 years 5 months

But I think you know what I meant....:rolleyes:

Member for

24 years 2 months

King's Cross Fire too.

Member for

9 years 6 months

Good call, that one claimed the lives of 31.

Member for

13 years 9 months

But you wouldn't have, Linc, if you think about it. Smoking, notwithstanding passive smoking only injures the user whereas alcohol has the potential to injure the user and third parties directly as a consequence of its overuse.

Perchance I could have worded it better Chas, inasmuch as I was trying to collate the cost to the NHS between smoking related illness, and Alcohol. Yes, smoking may well kill you, then that's one less for the NHS to cope with, whereas drinking can cause forever ongoing problems to the drinker, which I would imagine would cost the NHS far more, in the long run?.
Jim
Lincoln .7

Member for

9 years 6 months

Smoking can lead to emphysema which, although it cannot be cured, will lead to a patient requiring years of increasingly intensive treatment to mitigate the side effects. Smoking does not lead to violent crime, but we all still pay for those oxygen tanks!

Member for

15 years 10 months

Always makes me cringe, when visiting a hospital you invariably see a patient who's sneaked out for a tab whilst connected to a mobile oxygen clyinder....

Think I'll take my chances with the Cod & Chips with salt 'n' vingegar ta ;)

Member for

9 years 6 months

Always makes me cringe, when visiting a hospital you invariably see a patient who's sneaked out for a tab whilst connected to a mobile oxygen clyinder....

The unofficial motto of emphysema should be 'you've got to make do with what you've got'....