N.H.S. or Insurance?.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 9 months

Hi Paul, Despite all the crap being said about Addenbrook's, I can't speak highly enough of them. If it were not for their Cardio Vascular Surgeons and team, who operated on me twice, then I wouldn't be typing this now. The aftercare was brilliant, the only bummer was the food, but what praise can anyone give for Hospital food.
Addenbrook's is a massive Hospital to run, and I can in a way see why they are losing one and a half Mill a month. The Nurses and Staff there have to pay on a daily basis to park their own cars in the public car parks to go to work, that alone is a fiasco, as when they can't find a place to park, they are late for work, and then when they DO find a place to park, they get fined for being late. But this is what they have to face every day.They are worth every penny, even if it is a loser at the end of the day.
They have the expertise and Staff that can perform Operations that outlining Hospitals can't, and as such, they are overloaded.
What we, the general Public never get to hear, is how many lives they save every year, no, we just hear how much money they are losing. So once again, just how much, is your life or mine worth?.Even 3 yrs after my last major Op, I still am under the watchful eye of that Hospital, and I am an old git they could save money on by not giving me the high standard of aftercare they do.
Jim
Lincoln .7

Member for

11 years 5 months

Linc, all good points and I have had a similar experience down here in Kent at a severely criticised hospital. The problem with all of these "quango" inspectorates is that they never take an objective view. They simply assess targets and that is usually no way to gain a true impression of the way institutions work. I am not defending much that is appallingly wrong with the NHS, but I think we need something better than the inspection systems we currently use.

Member for

24 years 2 months

That is my whole point Linc. There aren't just two pots so the question is, as you so rightly say hypothetical.

Meanwhile from where I am now sitting having dropped Mrs Moggy at her workplace I can see a stonking great hospital in the course of construction.

Moggy

Member for

13 years 9 months

And may I ask Moggy, where this new Hospital is being built?.Just as a matter of interest. Is it an "Overspill" Hospital for Addenbrook's.
Jim.
Lincoln .7

Member for

24 years 2 months

No, it's the new Papworth, though its location is not that far from Addenbrooke's

Moggy