BREXIT - Merged Thread.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

6 years 2 months

"Show me the sign that said there'd be £350m of savings. The sign said that we send £350m per year to the EU. It's a gross figure but it's a fact."

I'm sorry but you appear happy to be rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic, to make a pointless argument, whilst it's sinking into the cold icy sea. That was the statement, that was the inference, fact. It didn’t state save £179M but give £350M to the NHS or any other combination.

You'd be far better off having some passion and anger about reality about the mass exodus of businesses from the UK, it'll make that £350M paltry.

It didn't state 'give the NHS £350m'. It stated, "Let's fund the NHS instead."

That's May's fault for not preparing a proper no deal plan with tariffs and non-tariff barriers to make clear to those businesses that they'd effectively be completely excluded from the UK market if they left. At the moment she's giving off the impression of a deal or a low tariff no deal, and that's what's driving the businesses away.

Member for

5 years 5 months

Hey, Guys! Win, lose or draw we shall all learn in three weeks time. I refuse to get exercised over the matter.

Member for

6 years 2 months

Hey, Guys! Win, lose or draw we shall all learn in three weeks time. I refuse to get exercised over the matter.

It will probably be delayed following the vote on the 12th March. But we can always hope that the EU will reject the delay.

Member for

14 years 5 months

What are you hoping for, St John? That we do something potentially damaging but so quickly that we also do it in an ill-prepared and half-arsed way?

Member for

6 years 2 months

What are you hoping for, St John? That we do something potentially damaging but so quickly that we also do it in an ill-prepared and half-arsed way?

If we're ill-prepared after 33 months, who's fault is that?

Member for

6 years 2 months

Was this the claim referred to earlier?

No, that is doctored. Here is what the bus said.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"sei_37887450-afd5.jpg?quality=90&strip=all.jpg","data-attachmentid":3856007}[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

6 years 2 months

That one can't have circulated very widely and must have been confined to a few places where speeches were given because I hadn't seen it until now. So I doubt it affected the outcome.

Member for

14 years 3 months

"Can't have circulated widely"?

It was circulated in front of Boris, Fox and Duncan-Smith. I've shown you images of it both from national press reports and TV. It was the original billboard poster for Vote Leave and was also distributed as a leaflet form. Bizarre!

https://www.itv.com/news/update/2016...ndum-campaign/

Member for

18 years 10 months

St. John because you’ve not seen it, it didn’t have any affect!!! You poor simple boy you :rolleyes:

Member for

6 years 2 months

"Can't have circulated widely"?

It was circulated in front of Boris, Fox and Duncan-Smith. I've shown you images of it both from national press reports and TV. It was the original billboard poster for Vote Leave and was also distributed as a leaflet form. Bizarre!

https://www.itv.com/news/update/2016...ndum-campaign/

I followed the Brexit campaign intensely and have followed the debate since. I've seen the bus many many times, but I hadn't seen that until now. So like I said, it wasn't distributed widely.

But so what. £350m is the gross figure and maybe even the money we get back is spent on BS, instead of the NHS, where it's most needed. The other side also got chance to refute, debate and rationalise this figure during the campaign too, just as that linked article does.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Financial Collapse - Brexit Is The EU's Flu But Italexit Is Its Terminal Cancer

And how many people have been telling us that the Italian financial crisis is 'overblown', heavily exaggerated', and 'plain not true'.

Cheers

Paul

Member for

18 years 10 months

I'm sure Russia would like that, after practicing their technique in the UK I'm sure they'll be active in italy now too.

Member for

6 years 2 months

I'm sure Russia would like that, after practicing their technique in the UK I'm sure they'll be active in italy now too.

Give us a break.

Bradburger raises a good point though, Britain has been prepared for it to be bad with endless negative forecasting, the EU is dancing merrily into a no deal scenario as if it will have zero impact.

Member for

18 years 10 months

Give us a break.

Bradburger raises a good point though, Britain has been prepared for it to be bad with endless negative forecasting, the EU is dancing merrily into a no deal scenario as if it will have zero impact.

You're wrong on both counts, the eveidence is there for you if you choose to read it, and the EU has done a lot more preparation than the UK which amounts to nothing, apart from the odd non existent ferry contract.

Member for

18 years 10 months

I have to say for once I appreciate this sovereignty and parliamentary democracy “so close” to the Brexiteers hearts.....

“Bercow disallows MV3 if it is substantially same as MV2, as the government cannot keep bringing the same motion back to the House again and again.”

A parliamentary procedural rule dating back to 1604.

Member for

6 years 2 months

You're wrong on both counts, the eveidence is there for you if you choose to read it, and the EU has done a lot more preparation than the UK which amounts to nothing, apart from the odd non existent ferry contract.

Yes but they aren't expecting several recessions, which seems very likely. And whilst they're talking about expanding Irish port capacities, so far they've done sod all, nor is it clear who will pay this extra money, or Britain's old share. I doubt they're as prepared as they've made out.

Member for

6 years 2 months

I have to say for once I appreciate this sovereignty and parliamentary democracy “so close” to the Brexiteers hearts.....

“Bercow disallows MV3 if it is substantially same as MV2, as the government cannot keep bringing the same motion back to the House again and again.”

A parliamentary procedural rule dating back to 1604.

Brexiteers fully support this too, that deal is worthless, we don't like bringing the same thing back to a vote either.

Member for

18 years 10 months

Attributed to Albert Einstein the saying “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results” describes May and her repetetive tabling so very accurately.............