BREXIT - Merged Thread.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 10 months

For or Against Brexit? This person is certainly not undecided! To see for yourself, go online to Pat Condell's site and download his latest short video.

Why? I really can't see what informed opinion some second rate "comedian"/bigot would add? I'll stick with listening to intelligent experts and leaders in their fields who actually know what they're talking about, thank you.

Member for

5 years 5 months

Why? I really can't see what informed opinion some second rate "comedian"/bigot would add? I'll stick with listening to intelligent experts and leaders in their fields who actually know what they're talking about, thank you.

Well Agent K, you will be delighted to learn that there is no charge for this service!
Why be dogmatic? Was it necessary to describe the speaker as a second rade comedian and bigot? He was a known left winger like yourself. Are you a leader and expert in your field? I'm pleased to say that I'm not and prefer to keep an open mind.

Member for

18 years 10 months

Well Agent K, you will be delighted to learn that there is no charge for this service!
Why be dogmatic? Was it necessary to describe the speaker as a second rade comedian and bigot? He was a known left winger like yourself. Are you a leader and expert in your field? I'm pleased to say that I'm not and prefer to keep an open mind.

Just stating well known facts, whether you like it or not.

As for me being a known left winger, you couldn't be further from the truth, and yes, I'm a leader and expert in my field, and proud of it.

I keep an open and informed mind, but sometimes, peoples opinions are just not valid or relevant. Would you for example, waste time to consider the hospital cleaners view on brain surgery just to keep an open mind?, or listen to the brain surgeon who knows what they are talking about.

Member for

5 years 5 months

At the risk of incurring your ire I shall again submit my question.

Why be dogmatic? Was it necessary to describe the speaker as a second rate comedian and bigot?

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 1 month

Hi All,
Agent K - I admit I probably came in on the back end of a news discussion about contributors to the growing fund for Notre Dame Cathedral but I could have sworn I heard the phrase EU contribution somewhere ? although I will admit I could be wrong.

Having said the above I have found this article from Reuters, the following quote from Mr Tusk makes me wonder if the EU will be raiding the coffers for a large amount for the rebuild ?

" You will also rebuild your cathedral. From Strasbourg, the French capitol of the European Union, I call on all 28 member states to take part in this task " , I know that France could do it alone, but at stake here is something more than just material help. The burning of the Notre Dame cathedral has again made us aware that we are bound by something more important and more profound than treaties "

Along with UK and Italian voices seems to me that the EU will aid and pat themselves on the back or am I reading to much into this ?

Full article:- http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-france-notredame-eu/europe-wounded-by-notre-dame-fire-eu-pledges-help-idUKKCN1RS0QM

Also I noted today that the EU is also trying to secure 25% of it's total future budget for climate change according to the BBCi news.

Geoff.

Member for

24 years 2 months

So any leave voters have hang their head in shame for the mess they made with their vote?

So any regrets?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Ah, the thread everyone thought had died.

Nope!

I think you'll find it's actually the remoaner MPs (along with the has been ones such as Blair, Major etc. along with the 'impartial' speaker of the House) who should be hanging their heads in shame, because after all, it is they who are causing the 'mess'!

I mean, why didn't these remoaner MPs vote for Theresa May's (well, I should say the EU's) deal?

It's all very well those who blame the ERG for it not getting through, but in all fairness, you'd expect them not too, but if you were a remoaner MP, I cannot see why you wouldn't pass it, as it was effectively keeping us in the EU!

I mean, if an arch federalist and Europhile like Ken Clarke voted for it, then you do have to wonder why other MPs never did.

But I think we know the answer to that!

Cheers

Paul

Member for

4 years 5 months

I regret that we haven't actually left yet.

Member for

17 years 10 months

I regret the whole shameful affair. The misleading Bus The generated fear of immigrants created and the falsehood about 'getting our country back'. Please read how and why the EU was created, read the details on how its run. Please.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Its too late for that I'm afraid. Views are too firmly entrenched on both sides.

For a number of reasons, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it never happened. For one thing, Boris is busy getting his excuses in. He has also failed to publish anything that might mitigate the Yellowhammer thing, which is now two whole months out of date - if there was better news, one might expect them to tell us...

We will see - at some point there will be a public enquiry. That will be interesting!

Bruce

Member for

24 years 2 months

BJ,
I'm fully aware of how and why it was set up.

What is now the EU was setup to fight the spread of communism in the west - pure and simple.

(Can you guess which country was behind it, and pushed the UK into joining?)

How ironic then that it models itself on a communist system !

Perhaps that's why Mr Corbyn has (once a fierce critic of it) has since warmed to it!

Cheers

Paul

Member for

5 years 5 months

Sorry guys but I am bombarded with Brexit on the TV, radio and papers and hope to avoid hearing any more about it on this site. Is it possible to have aviation related news that is non political?

Member for

17 years 5 months

But Jeremy, you told me to be ready for October the 31st.......

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48989032182_419022904e_o.jpg

Member for

17 years 5 months

Whose knocking on your door this Christmas and ruining the mood?????

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48988147478_a12d54401e_z.jpgThe_Grinch

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 1 month

Hi All,

Well it's about time we got on with the job of actually getting Brexit done rather dithering on the issue, the people spoke which direction they wanted to head and those who thought they new better didn't listen and they have paid the price.

Not an ideal situation IMO,  nonetheless fingers crossed BJ keeps his word. If he doesn't I cannot imagine how the country will react?  I think there should be a consolation prize though for the architect of Brexit Mr Farage, I am sure he could work well with BJ in the actual divorce procedure but in reality he already has his own mind made up of who will be in that team and sadly that does not include Mr Farage.....?

Geoff.

Member for

12 years 11 months

Now that we're nearly home and dry just wondered if there is any more mileage left in this subject ?  I note that all of the Remoaners seem to have absconded.  Perhaps something was/wasn't said !

It seems that GB has conspired to obtain about 90% sovereignty leaving the odd 10% or so locked up in the N.I. Protocol.   That, plus the equivocation locked up in the 'level playing field' regulations mean  - certainly for me - that the divorce is far from complete. 

I have a précis of opinion of the final Withdrawal Agreement from Lawyers of Britain.  If anyone is interested I'll e-mail a copy.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Well, bye bye Brussels! ✌️😃

Member for

12 years 11 months

Look away if the following upsets you !

The 'Business Section' of the D. Tel. 2nd June, writes that the OECD has reported that British post Brexit economic growth is on track to overtake every developed economy including that of the U.S.

Well. who would have guessed it?