Recent Deaths Of People You May Have Heard Of...

Read the forum code of contact

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Another sad passing the same day 14/03 as Stephen Hawking is Jim Bowen. I remember him from his very funny stand up days on the Comedians and
The Wheel Tappers And Shunters Club appearances, of coarse not to forget his Bull's-eye game show which if honest he is more famous for but an
all-round good guy who will I am sure be missed by many.

Many thanks for your entertainment and fond memories RIP Jim.

Geoff.

Member for

11 years 2 months

How tickled I was.

Hi All,
Surprised nobody has mentioned the passing of the comic with a velvet voice Ken Dodd. I remember him from various times in my life from watching him in B&W on telly with the family and in Colour with the Diddymen series from my school days.

As I grew up I enjoyed him still whenever I saw him on Tv what I regret above all else is never seeing his live show despite him carrying on performing well into his late 70's & Early 80's. By some accounts when the curtain fell and he did an encore he got rather blue :D and would carry on for hours if allowed such was his enthusiasm for pleasing his paying public.

The passing of this all-round entertainer is another passing of childhood and adult memories combined again thank you Doddy for your entertainment you where and always shall be tatyfelareous RIP.

Geoff.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Bye Bye Selwyn.

Hi Again,
Here is another passing Bill Maynard aka Selwyn Frogitt/The Gaffer/Greengrass and many other comic cameo characters in Tv Series and film as many will remember him as another all-rounder that will sadly be missed by his family and all who knew him personally as to his his fans alike.

Thanks for your entertainment and making me laugh through the years. RIP Mr Maynard.

Geoff.