50 shot dead in Florida

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

9 years 6 months

By all account the guy was a closet gay...

The Orlando shooter or John Green?

Member for

12 years 11 months

Give me a kiss and I'll confess.

Member for

10 years 7 months

The Orlando shooter or John Green?

Just blew snot out my nostrils trying not to laugh out loud.

Incidentally, if camouflage worked then it wouldn't matter if the military wore it in the street rather than civvies; can't remember how many times I've pointed out soldiers in the street to my air cadet eldest daughter.

Member for

12 years 11 months

It is supposed to work on the battlefield. Are you deliberately obtuse or, just transparent ?

Member for

9 years 6 months

Maybe he's wearing camouflage?

Member for

10 years 7 months

I mention it because it makes daughter laugh and, as John said, in the gear they stick out like a sore thumb (however that strange phrase really works). But then again they did have to stop wearing uniform because the IRA took an interest in them.

John, what about those who are LGBT soldiers? Should they keep an even lower profile now?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Back in the 1990's squaddies had to be in civvies rather than uniform when out and about in the UK. Desert boots, jeans, t-shirt, fleece and short haircut...great camouflage.

Member for

10 years 7 months

Didn't look too out of place around those bars in Soho, eh?

Member for

12 years 11 months

I mention it because it makes daughter laugh and, as John said, in the gear they stick out like a sore thumb (however that strange phrase really works). But then again they did have to stop wearing uniform because the IRA took an interest in them.

John, what about those who are LGBT soldiers? Should they keep an even lower profile now?

Whatever works to help keep them alive.

Member for

17 years 6 months

Back in the 1990's squaddies had to be in civvies rather than uniform when out and about in the UK. Desert boots, jeans, t-shirt, fleece and short haircut...great camouflage.

Jeeeze.....I wish somebody had told me that...

...I've never been in the Forces but apparently I was inadvertently making a target of myself!

Member for

10 years 7 months

Were you a member of Bronski Beat?;o)

Member for

18 years 2 months

Milo at Orlando Shooting Site (Begins at 12 minutes into video)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Were you a member of Bronski Beat?;o)

No. Infantry.

Member for

17 years 6 months

Were you a member of Bronski Beat?

Now, if Bronski Beat inadvertently made themselves a target for terrorism that would be fine with me...

...I can't stand Bronski Beat! :)

Member for

12 years 11 months

What - for Heaven's sake - is Bronski Beat ?

Member for

18 years 2 months

John...

Member for

10 years 7 months

I believe John is artfully pretending he doesn't know...;p)

Member for

18 years 2 months

Member for

12 years 11 months

MrBlueSky

Thank you. I realise my education is not what it should be. I thought that it could be some exotic vegetable.

Member for

10 years 7 months

Back on topic:

People in Orlando have dressed as guardian angels to protect the funeral of one of the Orlando shooting victims from homophobic protesters.
A small number of Westboro Baptist Church followers, attended Saturday's service for Christopher Leinonen.
The anti-gay organisation only has about 40 members but is well known for its hate speeches and funeral protests.
The handful of demonstrators was blocked from view by around 200 counter-protesters.
"I think our presence here is just to show support for the families of the victims and we want to make sure that we're an ally," said one supporter, Suzanne Draper.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36570323/angels-protect-orlando-funeral-from-anti-gay-westboro-protesters

Haters are, ahem, gunna hate...